There was an error during translation

Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Code in Sample 2 doesn't work, not even with freshly created credentials and app tokens.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CRUD for bet as streamer
    CRUD for bet as viewer

As streamer:

• Being able to start/cancel a bet from endpoint
    • Being able to state who won from endpoint
    • Maybe get stats about the bet (invested coins, status, nb of participant, ...) (as Events or/and as HTTP API)

As viewer:
    - Receive an Event when there is a new bet
    - Get bet info using endpoint (remaining time, title, bet A, bet B, nb of people who bet)
    - Place a bet using endpoint
    - Event win or lose

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In order to send a chat message via https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/reference/#send-extension-chat-message you need to know the current active version of your extension. There's no way to retrieve information about your extensions' versions.

There's one way which is kind of roundabout, by first using /extensions/${CLIENT_ID}/live_activated_channels to get a list of users, then using /helix/users/extensions/list on one to find the extension again and get its version there.

This could be much quicker to find if live_activated_channels had a version field with the live extension version (it only ever returns a list of channels using the live version).

There could also be a /extensions/${CLIENT_ID}/versions endpoint…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have embedded my Twitch channel on my website as a non-interactive iframe in my side panel.

Example:
    https://imgur.com/a/v1wc8ri

However, there is so much text there which clutters the UI.

By having my stream title there from when I was online does not add any value. It certainly does not promote my channel.

I would much more prefer if I could just have the bare minimum there and I can show my own offline-image.

Example:
    https://imgur.com/a/v1wc8ri

It would be nice if we had a new query parameter option for embedding channels, which could remove any promotion texts or videos /…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Similar to

https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310213-developers/suggestions/38375011-mature-flag-on-get-streams-endpoint

But for the Get Channel information endpoint

We should also be able to modify the flag via the Set Channel Information endpoint

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please provide an API and/or webhook/event sub

That provides information about if a VOD/clip/other content is muted

We will need the start/end time slots for each muting on the content

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please provide or update the videos API to allow API users to unpublish a VOD

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Just like the /helix/users/follows endpoint, I would like the /helix/subscriptions endpoint to also provide the total results in addition to the next and previous links.

Currently I have to recursively go through all the subscriber pages, 100 par 100, and add up for each one. So I make for my 12,000 subscribers not far from 120 calls which, on the one hand overloads the service and uses part of my call quota, and on the other hand take almost a whole minute to execute.

This is a certain burden for our two sides, as a "total" field would solve all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The endpoint /helix/subscriptions?broadcaster_id=USER_ID doesn't return the data from the most recent to the oldest subscriber.

We could maybe use /helix/subscriptions/events?broadcaster_id=ID but the data here apparently doesn't last more than 5 days or so. This doesn't work for small streamers who don't have a lot of subscribers coming on a daily basis, for example.

Suggestions:

1. Create an "order" parameter to the first endpoint, so we could use like /helix/subscriptions?broadcaster_id=USER_ID&order=desc&limit=1
    2. Make the second endpoint return the latest "forever".

The first endpoint seems buggy, the data being returned comes in random order and the pagination cursor is always present, even if I clearly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Honestly this whole documentation is a bit sloppy. There should be clearer examples of using the APIs as I had to go Googling how the authentication actually works as the headers seem to be different than this suggests.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It shouldn't be required for manage roles such as mod/vip via the chat

It shouldn't be required to manage editor/mod/vip via the roles manager

it would be useful for automation/third party management to be able to manage roles via the API

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently the API doesn't support marking a reward out of stock manually. This may be beneficial for rewards that take some time to process where specifying a hard cooldown wouldn't be appropriate.

In addition, support for a custom "out of stock" message may benefit some developers. Using sound alerts as an example, if a streamer is in "focus mode" and needs to concentrate on what they are doing, rather than say the default "out of stock" it could say "StreamerX is focusing right now".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Based on the current channel points API, a client may only access/update rewards for their own custom rewards. However, for some moderation tools, I believe managing custom rewards created by other clients and/or the Channel Owner's Dashboard would be beneficial.

Take for example a reward such as "Hydrate!", where, after 10 minutes you want this cleared from the reward queue if it hasn't been actioned already. To do this with the current API, a channel owner would have to first delete the existing "Hydrate!" reward and then recreate it using the script client. Repeating this for every reward to be…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. An idea I had a while ago but never copied it to uservoice

Please provide

https://www.twitch.tv/products/STREAMER / the information in the "Subscribe popup"

as a end point

To return the

• product names
    • emotes per tier
    • is ad free enabled
    • sub badges
    • any emote modifiers

Optionally include the users progress to the next sub badge if authenticated as a user

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. There should be a way to at least enable/disable or pause/unpause rewards that the Client-ID used didn't create. This makes sense since if I'm a moderator I can pause/unpause events that I didn't create for the channel in question. Even if it's a separate endpoint to prevent different bots from "writing over each other" I think this would be the best possible feature to add.

Possible bias: This would make my Channel Points Rewards (Twitch CPR) Game Profile system just that much slicker. ;)

Best part; Could just be a paired-down version of the current "get" function of channel point…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. You provide information on how to remove a token, how to refresh a token, and how to define scopes for tokens, but you don't actually have any information on how to request a token, nor any sample code on that or applying token scopes. Given that this step is fundamental to any interaction with the Twitch API, this seems like a fairly major omission.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create/Update doesn't provide the ability to upload/change images for a reward.

This would be useful.

Alternatively if we can't do upload initially.

Add the ability to specify a channel emote (either by coDe or ID) so the reward would "copy" the channelEmote for that channel in.

So if I create a reward for CohhCarnage I can pick a cohhEmote (but I can't pick a liriki emote)

Or specify a URL to fetch a Image from

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  13 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Topic.

Cannot control highlight message/unlock emote rewards to enable/disable/change price or even list them etc via this API

Example usages

We might turn off emote "buying" on a Thursday as we are about to load a WHOLE new Set in for a big game on Monday. Is one thought.

But I can't automate them.

Also any number of tasks the streamer would like us (moderators/staff of the channel) to help manage but we can't if those rewards are API locked (and UI locked) out from "channel staff" being able to help manage

Additionally, I'll get asked by the streamer I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like an option to return the amount a points a current user has.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?