Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

253 results found

1. I would love to see a site wide discoverability feature that universally lets me or any user "hide streams that are all 18+ content. " With a very simple toggle button to hide those channels.

In addition to this, having all 18+ content not visible in any discovery page if a user is not logged in to the site.

to clarify: 18 plus content may or may not include just hot tub streams, political or sensitive topics, graphic video games, etc.

Being able to quickly toggle and categorize these channels either universally help create targeted ads for these channels, or…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Custom tags are nice but it's really bad for discovery if I type lgbt in the search bar and find no tags unless the tag is exactly "lgbt", same with literally any other text string, like "they" could return "TheyThem" but also "SheThey", "Playthrough" could return "FirstPlaythrough", "ChallengePlaythrough", "CasualPlaythrough"

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

We've implemented custom tag suggestions which (1) reduce the chances of manual errors made by streamers when adding tags to their stream info and (2) allow viewers to more-intuitively explore existing tags to find content relevant to their interests! We hope this addition addresses your concerns. Please feel free to provide us with feedback (https://link.twitch.tv/CustomTagsFeedbackUV), so that we can continue improving the ability for streamers and their communities to connect!

3. 好玩的手機遊戲

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It's no longer possible to search streams with "platformer", you can search the game categories and then look at all the streams within that category, but you can't look at all the streams of all the "platformer" categories. Same for any genre, this is very very bad for discovery and actually a severe step backwards, I would argue more backwards than custom tags bring us forwards

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

We have launched custom tag suggestions. Suggestions for custom tags (1) reduce the chances of manual errors made by streamers when adding tags to their stream info and (2) allow viewers to more-intuitively explore existing tags to find content relevant to their interests! We hope this will help address your concerns regarding being able to search through all streams etc. Please feel free to provide us with feedback (https://link.twitch.tv/CustomTagsFeedbackUV), so that we can continue improving the ability for streamers and their communities to connect!

5. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mostrando para o público lives pequenas como as minhas

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. So I type keywords into the search bar, not looking for specific games but looking for a specific feature that would generally be covered by Tags. To my surprise, nothing. I see a Channel category, a "Categories" category, and a "Previous Stream" Category.

This doesn't help someone who is trying to find people who play games a certain way, or is looking for specific types of Minecraft streamers or something. We need a better search system that will let us search things more specifically.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

You should be able to search by a tag, by simply typing the tag in the search bar and hitting enter. Let's say we type in PVP, once hitting search, the search result will produce a section will then pop up on top called "Live channels tagged PVP", etc. You can click on this to see more channels with this tag. Alternatively you can go into a particular game category and type in the tag in the search bar under Live Channels. Hope that helps.

8. Please add Not Interested function to regular channel browsing as well so we can filter out streams that we DO NOT wish to watch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. IT ISN'T OK THAT TWITCH USES OUR ACCOUNTS ONCE WE ARE SIGNED OFF.
    OUR ACCOUNTS ARE USED TO PROVIDE VIEWS TO CHANNELS WE DON'T FOLLOW WHILE WE ARE AWAY TO ALLOW FOR THAT USER TO GET THEIR WORTH IN ADVERTISING.

THAT ISN'T OK IN ANY MANNER

NOT ONLY ARE YOU DECEIVING THE PEOPLE PAYING YOU FOR ADVERTISEMENT, BUT YOU ARE MISLEADING ALL USERS.

ITS BAIT AND SWITCH AND I HOPE YOU GO DOWN FOR IT.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How about NOT slamming everyone with more commercials. YouTube here I come!!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm unsure if this is a recent change with the FFZ extension or a bug or just working as intended but I follow a good amount of channels and the "Videos" tab on the "Following" page gets cluttered with videos that do not have thumbnails due to them being currently live channels.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Following Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. First, the custom tags are going to and have been making discoverability worse. With no presets people are just spread out over several variations of the same thing. It's more confusing now. For example the variations: LGBT, LGBTQ, LGBTQIA, LGBTQIAPLUS (Because for some reason we can't put +). I think most of us would have just been happy with the extra 5 tags.
    Next, the drops tag should still be automatic. I don't know if this is a bug or how they meant to have it now. But the drops tag has not been applied to eligible streams during the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Thanks for your feedback. With the latest launch for custom tags, suggestions have been added to the feature, so there will be presets. Additionally, I wanted to address that the "Drops enabled" tag should be automatically applied to any stream that is participating in a Drops stream with the developer. Thank you.

13. For example, to search up a category, something like Pokemon, you have to currently type it like Pokémon.

This should not be required that we type the accented e.
    Not all keyboards make it easy for one to type it, often requiring you to press other buttons as a "short-cut", and honestly it's quite a pain to be expected to do it.

In searching for catergories if I type it withou the accent, it will usually suggest to me various categories anyway. HOWEVER, it is especially annoying where in Streamlabs/OBS it expects you to type the title of the game…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,
    Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing, but this appears to be a third-party issue, as it is possible to search without using the accent as you described in the search bar throughout Twitch. This would be some helpful feedback for Streamlabs/OBS, however!

14. Tag for the new game Hellevator

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Because your lack of DMCA assistance is killing those channels

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mobile provides the ability to press a button and tell Twitch that you are not interested in a recommendation either because of the channel or category. I would like this to also be implemented onto Desktop and/or for a refresh button to be prompted with a new set of recommendations.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I created a twitch and will be starting to stream soon - when I had my friends look up my account, they were unable to find my account without using the custom link I sent them... They cannot find my twitch account with the search bar.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Once a you have your first live broadcast, your channel should start showing up in the search bar.

18. Phoenix Streaming Group nasce come idea di raccolta nuovi talenti nello streaming, persone che hanno un forte obbiettivo di crescita e portano contenuti richiesti dalla comunità. L'obbiettivo dei Phoenix Streaming Group è quello di scovare e classificare i migliori talenti nel mondo e portarli in un unico gruppo, dove persone gentili, corrette e disponibili, offrono servizio con il sorriso h24, 7/7. Qualunque sia l'esito, grazie per aver valutato l'idea, cordiali saluti da Gamer91X_DPCM , Weilergamer , FabiomontanaTV.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Some viewers may notice new thumbnails for streams that put more of an emphasis on the Creator over the game/content of the stream. The creators avatar will be surrounded by the Creators chosen profile accent color that can be set in their dashboard under the Brand section. Tests like these are important and help us learn, we're monitoring viewer behavior, including discovery, alongside your feedback!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There are certain features exclusive to the desktop client (such as Minecraft modding) that would be beneficial to Linux users if it was officially supported as a platform by Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?