Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. This is already a feature on Chrome but I don't see it working on Firefox.

On Chrome, when you have a stream playing in another tab and that tab is not focused for some time, the video quality is automatically reduced to save bandwidth and when you go back to the stream tab, the quality goes back to normal.

This doesn't happen on Firefox though. It might be a browser limitation but it would be great if the Twitch folks took a look at this.

Firefox users deserve dynamic quality switch too :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Transcodes / Bitrate  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. increase the binary rate to have videos in 4K, current technology allows it and it would be necessary to evolve with the new sources and not to limit oneself to 1080p

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give a possibility to low internet speed, who can't watch source, to watch little streamers who don't have video quality selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Some of us have websites- eCom stores, information websites, etc. I have a PC hardware review website and would like to wish to integrate it just like Youtube. I wish Twitch had the tools that worked.

Twitch has embed code separately for viewing and chat. But it's rather a general code that has fixed width and height. You'd think a big platform like Twitch would have an official WordPress plugin with a responsive design. Also, plugins have better compatibility with WordPress.

There are plugins for Twitch, but they have long been discontinued. There are so many websites out there that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For a lot of non-gaming content the doubling of bandwidth/vod size just isnt necessary, its the most economical way to stream or save broadcasts in a still acceptable quality. Removing it as an option while keeping 360 and 480 doesnt make sense (166 at least serves a purpose as a quasi-audio only option)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The video quality other than the (Source), the quality is really bad.

The source is: (720p 60fps) avc1.640020,mp4a.40. than is really good
    If I switch to (720p 60fps) (Non Source) avc1.4D401F,mp4a.40.2 the quality is really bad and the same for others

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add all presets for nvenc encoding. for example max quality encoding on Nvidia NVENC. Would be nice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I understand partner is supposed to give benefits that others don't have, but it is difficult to get anywhere when the stream quality is stuck so high because the viewers can't watch the stream with their internet. In my opinion it's not a benefit, it's unfair. This would not just bring in more streamers and viewers, but benefit them and Twitch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Transcodes / Bitrate  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi, it's about time to move forward, i can see we have the ability to stream in 1440p but we can't increase the bitrate. Solution: AV1 encoding or please increase the bitrate for 1440p streams, thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Nach viel ausprobieren habe ich endlich die Lösung gefunden, Codec von AMD kommt bei Twitch mit 60 FPS es nicht klar somit überlastet die Software und man kann nicht mehr Streamen, also lieber auf 30 FPS oder gleich x264 Codec verwendet. Also, wenn ihr auch dieses Problem habt, hoffe konnte euch helfen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make it so i can set the quality of all the streams i watch to 480p so it doesnt load as much or add the ability to go back in the stream like a minute so it doesnt load as much, because i have bad wifi (like many others) and i dont like how it loads then skips back to live

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bonjour,

Je suis un petit streamer et une question revient en boucle de la part de ma communauté, pourquoi je ne peut pas changer la qualité de ton stream ?

Certaines personnes, malheureusement, non pas accès au haut débit et sont bloquées sur du 1080p et ne peuvent donc pas regardé mon stream car la qualité est trop forte.

Ceci représente une difficulté supplémentaire pour la visibilité des petits streamers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. My English is not very good. So I use Google Translate.

I am a live broadcaster in Taiwan, and I would like to suggest that the live broadcaster can pay to purchase a channel that allows viewers to adjust the picture quality.

Everyone knows that the platform provides a function that allows viewers to adjust the picture quality. It is given priority to the live partners according to the quota, and then to the live allies if there is excess quota, and finally to the general live host.

However, except for the peak time, as long as there is a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. solo puedo ver directos a 480p como máximo desde esta mañana, e reiniciado el pc, borrado caché y configuraciones de google chrome y sigue sin funcionar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. my stream is dropping out so bad I had 30%dropped frames on an 1 hr and a half section of my stream last night the 1st 5 hrs were great then I got disconnected 3 times and the 30% issue only to log into yet another bitrate drop fest tonight!!!! how do I grow my new channel if its so jittery no one will watch????

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My automatic bitrate wont respond

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'm livestreaming at 60 frames per second and 1040 pixel standard.
    the footage is often-choppy (server-side) and doesn't reflect locale system faults.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Streaming in high framerate(120fps) increases the quality of the gameplay
    (alot when it is fast paced, such as shooter games) but requires a monitor of similar refresh rate(144hz) and good internet to view without lag(its amazingly smooth and so worth it).

However not everyone(vast majority) has these requirements and when streaming with these settings it is always the first option(source or highest quality). Thus a lot of people will get a laggy stream and are probably not aware that they have to lower the resolution to view uninterrupted(thats why big streamers dont do this because a lot of people lag…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add resolution change for Affiliates, everytime I start up a stream there are cases where multiple viewers have a "black screen" on their mobile devices. This results into ending stream and restarting stream multiple times. This can lead to having a few viewers not return do to complications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?