Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

60 results found

1. Why is twitch still using a codec from 20 years ago. using nvenc h.264 i can barely stream 720p60. using nvenc h.265 on youtube same bitrate i get flawless 1080p60 stream. on twitch with h.264 cant see nothing but blocks not pixels if i try 1080p.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We understand that broadcasting at higher bit rates costs Twitch more money, so why not enable it as a paid feature, such as for Twitch turbo subscribers?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Streams that are in 1440p resolution doesn't have option to select 1080p quality.

This affect devices with 1080p resolution because they have left with 720p as max resolution to watch.

It would very nice if there is 1080p quality for 1440p streams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. South Korea's Twitch community has seen rates on Amazon Web Services' IVS reduced by up to 50% since August 1, 2023. And
    Users in Korea will not be able to create and upload new VOD content, which will likely reduce network rates.

Since live channels in Korea have decreased a lot compared to last year, I think the network fee has decreased compared to last year.

Please increase the display advertisement to 60 seconds instead of 30 seconds by adopting it as an interim advertisement

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Any thoughts on rolling back the 1080p limit in Korea? Are you thinking of returning 1080p if pay for twitch turbo?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. can you at least give small creators who don't have an affiliation to have an option for their viewers to choose which quality they want to watch, and at least provide us with an 8000-bit rate to 12000-bit rate this is because when we clip our own stream to provide more awareness, the video quality is really bad. So I hope someday it would change the system in the future.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1080p in 2023 is a tad dated given the advancement in panel resolution standards and accessibility, coupled with the widespread availability high bandwidth internet connectivity - An option to stream at 1440p 60fps would be great. It'll be playable and crisp on a 4k display without looking too grainy, and streams will be most crisp for all using 1440p displays (I don't have any 1080p displays and my viewing experience is unimpressive as this doesn't upscale as well). Details and clarity are important when viewing competitive esports content.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Honestly, I don’t know what exactly needs to be done, but twitch, unlike the same YouTube, always lacks Internet speed. I watch streams via wifi. Through the Windows task manager, I often see that twitch consumes over 20 Mbps and uses 70% of my processor. At peak moments of using the Internet, streams and recordings of streams do not freeze, but the speed constantly increases from 0 to 20 Mbps and falls back, at times when it is below 10 Mbps or I open even the usual "new tab" in Google stream or its RECORDING (it's like a regular YouTube…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. make bitrate more improvements new transcodes can you add 1080p 120fps

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If a small streamer reaches 3 of the 4 "Path To Affiliate" Achievements/Requirements that should make all the Video Quality options (240p,360p,480p,720p) etc be available the next time the streamer goes live. That way if the streamer is putting in the time, work, effort to grow, they have a better chance of gaining followers that will lead them to Partner status. At this rate all starting smaller streamers and streamers that haven't yet reached Partner are forced to mulitstream just so we have viewable options for viewers on low bandwidth internet and 4G / 5G connections. I feel like "Path…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Korean users are using ttv lol to watch in 1080p quality.

Other users bypass it and watch it in 1080p quality, but I don't know why the 720p limit was set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am a Korean Twitch user.

Not long ago, the maximum video quality for watching Twitch in Korea was fixed at 720p.

I heard that the reason was that the cost of using the network in Korea was a burden to the operation.

In addition, I understand that Korea's new network fee bill has made it even more burdensome.

Koreans fully understand this and are opposed to Korea's additional network usage fee bill.

As a result, there is a prevailing expectation that this bill will be difficult to pass due to opposition from the National Assembly even in Korea.

Anyway,…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. At 11:00 (KST), I received a notification email that limit the video quality to 720p in Korea due to the network fee burden. Twitch should have informed Korean users at least a few weeks ago and had to come up with other alternatives. This is considered sufficiently discriminatory compared to global users. Please postpone these restrictions and come up with alternatives.

361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. to decrease the overall bandwidth cost

You could increase the bitrate for partners at 15000
    keep the same limit of bitrate for the affiliate at 8000

and for a new channel put it at 15000 for a limited time (in condition to have regular viewership and people talking in chat)

and having regular viewer being able to boost the channel popularity with channel points was also really good !

you also can reduce the maximum quality for new streamers to 720p 30fps
    and unlock the vod feature only for affiliate and partners but propose to link a youtube account for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twtich server upgrade so also more bitrate upload and users pay a small pocket money for this :)

You know it from server hosters "You want more upload or more storage, then rent at Twitch-Turbo the server package" For +5,90$ or 9,90$ you can upload and stream up to 13K/ 15K.
    So Twitch would have less problems with the costs and who does not want to pay such a server upgrade remains with Free and 6-8K upload depending on Twitch contract.

Possible would be this Year, because it's time for an Upgrade at Twitch :)
    YT has long been at…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For people with bad internet, I would like these users to be able to see the affiliate streams at a lower resolution or at least 30 fps, that way apart from helping people with bad connection it also helps the streamer to be known without that quality barrier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A stream does not require 60FPS playback. Ever. It's a complete waste of bandwidth and should not even be an option. For people like me that have slower internet it makes it impossible to watch a lot of streamers. Many streamers don't even realize that they're streaming at 60 FPS and how it literally DOUBLES the bandwidth requirements but does not give any benefit to the quality of the stream. I wish Twitch would make the default 720p 30 FPS and allow some users to increase to 1080p 30FPS once they reach partner or something. Not only would this decrease…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Since I only stream for 4 hours a week, I'll never see Partner in my future. However as an affiliate, we are not always guaranteed a transcodeable stream. I know I have viewers that can not even handle the 720P stream I'm pushing, but I don't want to bump my overall stream setting down for 2-3 viewers, leaving the other 100 with a lesser experience. Since I'm not in this for monetizing, I would welcome the ability to "purchase" the ability to transcode my streams with guaranteed ability like Partners have.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. H265 is much better on the newer RX 6k AMD GPUs please add this and maybe a 10k bitrate for 1080p streams. 6-8k is just not enuf and H264 is outdated and looks bad on AMD GPUs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make the adaptive bitrate streaming work such that non focused players reduce the stream to audio only.
    For mobile applications which are SPAs this would translate into background (that is not picture-in-picture) and foreground (or picture-in-picture)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?