Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

60 results found

1. I've been streaming for a year now, and still don't know what settings I'm able to use as someone that isn't affiliated. Can I stream at 1080p, or will it not downscale? etc. Once I get affiliated does anything change? or do I have to wait until I'm a partner? It's really vague and ur current setting site just doesn't help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Sometimes I find myself in a place or location where my internet connection isn't great, I'm sure I'm not alone and it doesn't make sense that you can't reduce the resolution. Why is this even a restriction? I want to support and enjoy certain smaller streamers and find myself not being able to for this reason

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Additionally, it should NEVER choose any other quality than the last selected. It is utterly annoying having to change quality, reload the page and then make sure the quality doesn't change on it's own, before getting to watch streams.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adding transcoding options for streamers, departed by tiers as in

Tier 1 Non-affiliated, affiliated but non-partnered, transcoding up to 720p h.264

Tier 2 Affiliated transcoding up 1080p h.264

Tier 3 Partnered transcoding up ton 1440p with higher scaled upload bandwith, utilizing h.265 or HVEC

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Guys during livestreams there are often bandwidth issues, so basically you have to accept really ****** quality & interrupts to stay live. For some events though I totally would not mind being 10 minute delayed or so in order to have the stream preloaded and available in good quality and sacrificing real time. Such a feature would be great. Also when rewatching videos - the download should continue when the pause button is pressed or should not reload when you jump back in time - it is a pitty that you can't really watch high quality videos, because the player…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As the streaming industry embraces new technology, alongside increased internet speed standards, I would love for Twitch to adopt full transcoding for all active streamers as well as an increase in the bitrate cap to 10k.

The current issue with the 6k bitrate cap for non-partners is inherently-lowered viewer experience. Viewers are consistently looking for superior quality streams as the first impression of long-term engagement and retention, which the current 6k bitrate cap severely inhibits due to automatic pixelation for high-movement games such as FPS. Since partners have the automatic 8-8.5k bitrate cap increase, this gives partnered content creators an…

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This is already a feature on Chrome but I don't see it working on Firefox.

On Chrome, when you have a stream playing in another tab and that tab is not focused for some time, the video quality is automatically reduced to save bandwidth and when you go back to the stream tab, the quality goes back to normal.

This doesn't happen on Firefox though. It might be a browser limitation but it would be great if the Twitch folks took a look at this.

Firefox users deserve dynamic quality switch too :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Higher Bitrate: (Above 10.000, with video quality selector can be managed so if someone won't use that high download usage, he can tweak it), we still have a really low bitrate, and that force us try to tweak OBS to reach higher quality with lower CPU encoding speed. Still this is not a miracle, and 6000 bitrate is so limited (even if there is a trick to go beyond and reach 8000 bitrate).

• HDR: OBS doesn't support because it's not worth it nowadays since Twitch is not supporting it, but other platforms are starting to give a hint to this…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For a lot of non-gaming content the doubling of bandwidth/vod size just isnt necessary, its the most economical way to stream or save broadcasts in a still acceptable quality. Removing it as an option while keeping 360 and 480 doesnt make sense (166 at least serves a purpose as a quasi-audio only option)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The video quality other than the (Source), the quality is really bad.

The source is: (720p 60fps) avc1.640020,mp4a.40. than is really good
    If I switch to (720p 60fps) (Non Source) avc1.4D401F,mp4a.40.2 the quality is really bad and the same for others

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add all presets for nvenc encoding. for example max quality encoding on Nvidia NVENC. Would be nice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch transcoding has a few issues. It's not always available (especially to non-partners), and it is of low quality (which is understandable considering the number of streams Twitch has to provide this service for).

After the recent support of multiple audio streams (for VoD vs. live audio) I propose Twitch add support for sending multiple video streams on the mux to Twitch. This improves multiple issues:

• No requirement for streams to have, or be provided, transcoding options from Twitch's side
    • Higher quality viewing options for the client (broadcaster encoded streams of higher quality)
    • Reduced load on Twitch's transcoding servers
    • Broadcaster…
    13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Nach viel ausprobieren habe ich endlich die Lösung gefunden, Codec von AMD kommt bei Twitch mit 60 FPS es nicht klar somit überlastet die Software und man kann nicht mehr Streamen, also lieber auf 30 FPS oder gleich x264 Codec verwendet. Also, wenn ihr auch dieses Problem habt, hoffe konnte euch helfen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have a lot of my community who can't watch me if I stream in 1080p and I would like to stream in 1080p but I can't do that at the risk of losing viewers so can we get more transparent information on when Affiliates will get lower video quality options so every one can enjoy the stream.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi!
    I'm a small streamer from EU speaking english only. This means my viewers are from many different countries and sadly some countries have poor internet.
    I've had many complains in my chat about the lack of options for video-quality, since it is laggy and loading alot for my viewers with poor internet performance.

My suggestion is that atleast ONE low-quality option should be available beside the source-quality. This would satisfy many viewers and also make it easier/more optimal to keep the viewers at the channel of a small streamer.
    What happens is that the viewer will simply go to…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. my stream is dropping out so bad I had 30%dropped frames on an 1 hr and a half section of my stream last night the 1st 5 hrs were great then I got disconnected 3 times and the 30% issue only to log into yet another bitrate drop fest tonight!!!! how do I grow my new channel if its so jittery no one will watch????

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My automatic bitrate wont respond

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'm livestreaming at 60 frames per second and 1040 pixel standard.
    the footage is often-choppy (server-side) and doesn't reflect locale system faults.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Streaming in high framerate(120fps) increases the quality of the gameplay
    (alot when it is fast paced, such as shooter games) but requires a monitor of similar refresh rate(144hz) and good internet to view without lag(its amazingly smooth and so worth it).

However not everyone(vast majority) has these requirements and when streaming with these settings it is always the first option(source or highest quality). Thus a lot of people will get a laggy stream and are probably not aware that they have to lower the resolution to view uninterrupted(thats why big streamers dont do this because a lot of people lag…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Up the bitrate Twitch. We have 4k60 consoles and PCs that can run 4k120, theres zero reason why bandwidth should be limited by anything other than the streamer's ISP. If I have 1GBPS, I should be able to stream a 65000KBPS stream in 4k, practically eliminating artifacts. In addition, transcoding should be a ubiquitous feature. This would only serve to bring actual high quality content to anyone who has the desire to consume it. These artificial limitations are absurd, especially since YouTube has made massive endroads here.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?