Chat Memory Leak
Date observed: 5/5/2022
Twitch chat is causing memory leaks. I only observed this because I was watching a streamer with 100k+ viewers and my computer crashed with 32GB of memory with all other applications closed.
In Dev Tools on a Chromium browser:
- Select "Performance monitor" in Dev tools.
- Observe the JS heap size and the DOM nodes, they progressively increase as chats are sent.
Another way to observe:
- select "Memory" tab in Dev tools.
- Use "Allocation instrumentation on timeline".
- Record and observe the memory allocation.
Note: tested on Edge and Google Chrome with all the extensions turned off.
I can't share the problem