Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

556 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Hi,

I had today a bug that my text wasn't allowed due "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."
    The mods and streamer didn't saw my message, even in the chat with a mod my text was blocked ... (also not in there mod messages)

My two texts that were blocked are:

• du willst ja Freitag vieleicht ein IRL Stream machen, Alina sagte gerade dass Bobi sein Kleidprobetag am Freitag wäre matta9Silly

• wenn du für Alina was malst, würde ich nicht das Buschi mit dem Herz machen, da sie schon von jemanden diese Zeichnung bekam…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  3. A few days I came across a creator who has his moderator in a group with other live moderators, they play on the same server as GTA V. If someone does something bad in the chat of some live, they are banned in all of them like others.

My idea is the following: The permanent ban is not ideal for us to be making the person to have a good attitude again. Create a "prison" mode for people who made mistakes to have a chance to return to chat normally.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. Inserire la possibilità di vedere il nome degli altri account collegati alla medesima email. Questo potrebbe aiutare nel caso venissero usati account diversi per eludere un ban.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When adding a banned term, it would be amazing to be able to create subterms for that umbrella term. For example, if the word **** is banned, ****, sh!t, sh1t, and a variety of other spellings are still allowed.

Instead of having to create a new term for each of these spellings, it would be amazing to make a "****" category, where all of the spellings can be added with a drop down menu.

Another extension of this idea would be adding a toggle for banned words so that you can temporarily disable or enable a word (and it's variants…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. What I mean by that? Multiple times my messages got caught by Automod without making any sense! There were no offensive words, no spoilers, nothing that would NEED Automod to act. And by the time a moderator MANUALLY approved the message, it broke the context of the chat. BADLY.

So here's how: if someone sends a message hat gets automodded, have it be hidden in a manner similar to deleted messages, but also allowing people to (at their own risk) clicking to see the message until a mod approves it. And once the mod approves, the message is shown as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Undzwar wenn mann einen entbannungs antrag gesellt hat ob man den dann per Neuigkeiten bei twitch sieht ob mann Dan ahnemen kann oder ablehnen kann und da Hinweis mit schreiben kann

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adding the last message sent before a timeout to the mod view similar to the deleted message. Lets mods see what was said and how to handle future timeouts should that individual repeat the actions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  9. These two panels could be rearrange depending on the moderators workflow and layout or even placed on the left bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  10. Filter the activity feed by action or actions. For example right now the broadcaster may have say follows turned on so they can thank them as they come in, but as a moderator perhaps they do not want to see recent follow. They would have to scroll through the feed to see the last action they cared about.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As title says, helps with mods that show up mid broadcast to see what has already been done.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Just like the popout one but dock able like the other panels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It can be awkward if you add a blocked term that is offensive or some ascii art then it stays in the mod actions log for days. It would be nice to hide the term and perhaps click to reveal/hide again. Not to mention the looks you get when someone looks at your screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There should be a limit of three Mods on live streaming not twelve. Makes the viewers chat less to the streamer. Sometimes makes the moderator bully the viewer without the streamer knowing. There should be less Mods on stream. Enough communication between the viewer and the streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  15. With Add-Ons like BTTV or FFZ or software like chatterino mod actions can be seen in chat, sometimes it can be very tiring if you make certain decisions and viewers call you out for it assuming it was you.

Also it would be cool if you could edit commands without it being seen in chat ( there used to be a feature like this with nightbot where you put a "." !editcom <command> without it being shown in chat, if anybody knows if this still works please tell me) I can see this being nightbots / streamelements part but maybe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This is not a idea, This is a Feedback report cause reporting feedback took me here so here i am...
    So i'm watching my friend play SuperMarioGalaxy and he just defeated a really hard Giant Kemek Boss and i commented when they finished and autobot flagged it and said it was being checked by mods even tho it's not even related to enything serious
    heres a screenshot of it: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/634982858326278154/798451023717990400/unknown.png
    at first i assumed it was just a bot flagging the text but then realized it was one of twitch's built-in bots, not a userbot
    i understand that "death" is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  17. let mods or just everyone look at a channel's logs. Not user logs, the whole channel for each day. I used this on overrustle to check usage of 3rd party emotes (ctrl-f) day to day to optimize them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I think having a Twitch staff member, or a "police presence", present during partnered stream would help mitigate some of the misbehavior coming from both the streamer and viewers at times.

I think having a Twitch staff member present would drastically help resolve issues and correct problematic behavior faster and more efficiently. It would also cut down on the responsibility being solely placed on the streamer/viewer to collect evidence/write a report (that they may not be able to do because it is often made difficult due to how the report feature currently functions, because of a language barrier, or fear…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We need additional buttons at the bottom of the chat next to the "setting" button, such as "subscribers-only mode" and "emote-only mode" instead of open settings or type command, or turn into mod view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A big trend with peoples responses to streamers or users being moderated is the ‘unfairness’ of decisions made and the comparison to other situations while not being aware of the reason for the decisions made.

Suggestion: Create a central, public page, this can be searchable by userid, username (partial/full), message content (p/f). This allows you to find streamers, users, botnets, repeat offenders and provides you a page of the content that caused them to be flagged for moderation + their chat logs.

The details page should show the escalation stage of punishment that users were hit by, thus transparently explaining…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?