Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

561 results found

1. Allowing the editor to delete the moderators messages

because some moderators may make a mistake by placing a wrong link, mistakenly suspect it, or make a mistake in anything, so the editor can delete the message.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. Swap the place of the timeout and ban buttons to move ban away from the “delete message” button especially on the mobile mod view menu. To prevent incidental bans on users when trying to delete messages, and leaving a permanent stain on a users profile.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Have an option to permit a message that is flagged by auto mod instead of adding it as a permitted term.
    This is because sometimes a term is relevant to a topic of discussion but can quickly be used in an inappropriate or hateful manner.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Twitch affiliates have to verify their identity with a government issued ID and a face scan now when onboarding. I feel if an affiliate has completed this verification, this should clear the "phone verification" necessity in all chat since the account has been verified in an above and beyond way. Phone verification for non-affiliates and people who haven't completed onboarding is still fine, but I feel like this is unnecessary for those who have verified their ID. Please change this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Since recently, the history of user messages has broken. For some reason, a maximum of 99 messages is displayed for any user. I talk about "Mod View" on PC, when you open a user profile.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
  6. AutoMod is a great tool to filter chat, but when a malicious user sees that their message was held for review, they often type variations of it to get it through the filter.

It would be nice to have an option in mod settings to hide the notification stating that a message was held for review. Additionally, displaying the message as sent(only for the user in question); If they're unaware that there's a filter, they won't try to circumvent it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  7. There are situations where mods may accidentally ban someone (sometimes clicking over to chat and accidentally hitting one of the mod tool buttons) and even if they're immediately unbanned, they're permanently on the shared ban list and whenever they show up in a chat that shares that banned list they get restricted from chatting and unless you mod in all the chats that share the ban list, you can't remove them from it.

I just feel like there should be a way to undo someone being put on the shared ban list because it can really suck for a viewer…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow creators to force a timed-out user to watch a short video explaining why they have been timed-out to return the chat/stream.

It happens sometime that user are misconducting not-necesserly on-purpose, and they may feel a ban or timeout unjustified. Neither creators or moderators have time to explain everytime what is wrong with such misconduct, and it can create a lot of frustration on both side.

Ban and timeout lack sometime of context, and in the same time, a timed-out user who has intentionally misconduct may just want to continue to harass, so they would have to come back again…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I share ban list with another account, I banned an account prior to the ability of being able to share bans. I recently unbanned that account but it's still reporting it being banned in my shared ban list to other accounts but it's not banned in my account. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Here's the link showing it's banned
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037406389594767410/unknown.png

link showing it's not banned in my channel
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037403865185779753/unknown.png

what I see when in a channel I share a ban list with:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037403301060296805/unknown.png

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  10. I contacted Twitch support about this and they told me to leave my feedback here. So here it is.

Randomly asking users who have never caused any trouble on Twitch to verify their phone number to keep participating in communities is not a nice move. In fact, I'd call it an a-hole move. This does absolutely NOTHING to keep chat safe.

Ask people who are banned in multiple chats for their numbers, I don't care, at least then you have a proper reason. What Twitch is doing right now, however, -- and it's affecting not just me but a significant…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hello for whomever is reading this my account on May 26th-27th got experimented on by twitch with phone verification and I personally with no phone or phone number now can't get into my account to this day I've contacted twitch support and they didn't help me at all, this may be a pretty decent idea if everyone actually had a phone number but a lot of people in this world does not. If someone from twitch that can help me please reach out to me thank you and have a good day!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Presently, when timing out a user in chat, whether it be via a chat command, the value picked is the value set, with no way to increment or decrement it without setting the new value yourself. Instead, could moderators and streamers have the option to use + and - in the timeout commands to adjust timeout lengths?

For example, a moderator times out user123 via chat by doing /timeout user123 600. They later decide to shave two minutes off the timeout, but we are forced to guess what the new number would be. Instead, perhaps we can also have an…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hello everyone, today I come to propose an idea of ​​a tool that will help when moderating a chat and communicating between the moderators of a chat.
    The idea consists of a command that when entering it in the chat, there will be another chat but hidden, similar to how / poll works. To which only the moderators and the streamer will have access, this would be very useful for communication between the moderators and in support of the new tools recently included in the platform, such as the "Suspicious User"
    This would allow any questions the moderators have to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. mods should have a bell that they can ring it so the streamer can hear it to read chat if the mods want to tell the streamer something important, like if the streamer is muted or the cam not working.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I help manage various Twitch streamers ( https://i.imgur.com/b0XlJ4h.png ). The suggestion is necessary as the reason given is vague to the point of not possibly identifiable. The timestamp given ( https://i.imgur.com/17kt1sC.png ) is the start of a 9 hour stream, not a point during it, so the possible examples given;
    - Slur based on ethnicity ( they're both white )
    - Asserting mentally inferiority due to gender ( they're both trans-women )
    - Claiming that another person s a danger to society because of their religion ( possible religious affiliations never came up )

I, the content creator, and the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Edit the effect of Timeouts for members with Editor role to be similar to members with VIP role.

Timing out Editors removes their editor role, and the Streamer has to assign it again. It's similar to when a Streamer times out a Mod and they lose the Mod role. We ask that the Streamer have the only power to remove the Editor role, not by a simple timeout

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Mods to filter users in chat by whether they have a subscription, have previously had a subscription to the channel, or are unsubscribed. This would make it much easier to filter out bot accounts from hate raids.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  18. A section similar to Mod Actions, that shows when someone tries to type a word/phrase that is in the blocked terms list. It should show who is trying to send a message containing a blocked term, and it should show what the word/phrase is. I believe this would greatly help mods, moderate people who try to use inappropriate language. I know this is similar to Automod, but Automod doesn't show blocked terms being typed. So the issue is, someone could, for example, try to spam the n-word (or another commonly blocked term) but it would never go through, and then…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  19. With the mod icons it's far too easy to hit the wrong user as chat scrolls. For deleted messages and timeouts this is a pain, but for bans it pretty much boots the user, so there should be a confirmation prompt.

Other ban methods aren't as prone to going wrong so don't need a prompt.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  20. Automod could be used to filter links on chat so the mods and streamer could allow or deny instead of using bots to timeout everyone who send links having to ask !permit before they can send links

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
1 2 9 11 13 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?