Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

198 results found

1. Twitch, please bring back the feature that removed someone from your followers list if they were banned from chat. This was so handy at slowing down harassers/bots, and I'm not sure why they went back on it.

Secondly, if it's possible, please implement a tool that will permanently kick someone off your channel page/redirect them to elsewhere. Maybe an error page that says "Sorry, this page doesn't exist", or a black screen over the stream and chat so it's no longer visible to the person who was banned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. As both a streamer and a mod for many channels, I would love the ability to expand the filtering of "Users in Chat" beyond just searching by name.

I'd like to example filter by Account Age (to help find bot accounts or trolls), filter by length of time following a channel, filter by subscriber tier, etc.

This would be very very useful, especially when trying to find suspicious accounts, ban evaders, bots, etc, for larger channels that have endless lists of viewers.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. mods should have a bell that they can ring it so the streamer can hear it to read chat if the mods want to tell the streamer something important, like if the streamer is muted or the cam not working.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. Trolls use stream points to highlight their offensive messages. When a moderator bans them, their regular posts are deleted while the highlighted messages remain visible. The highlighted messages should be deleted as well.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I help manage various Twitch streamers ( https://i.imgur.com/b0XlJ4h.png ). The suggestion is necessary as the reason given is vague to the point of not possibly identifiable. The timestamp given ( https://i.imgur.com/17kt1sC.png ) is the start of a 9 hour stream, not a point during it, so the possible examples given;
    - Slur based on ethnicity ( they're both white )
    - Asserting mentally inferiority due to gender ( they're both trans-women )
    - Claiming that another person s a danger to society because of their religion ( possible religious affiliations never came up )

I, the content creator, and the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allowing Mods and Creators to view if a user has been banned from other channels.
    Also updating the Ban function to require a reason for Ban. Just a check list.

e.g. if someone comes into my channel that has been banned from another channel i can see that they have been banned for Harassment or Spamming

Will allow Mods to keep an eye on users bouncing from channel to channel

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. There is only 2 seconds 4 seconds and 6 seconds it would be nice if i can set a customs time

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As a mod for multiple channels within the same community being targeted by view bots, I would like an option to see the people who are viewing the stream vs. just the "users in chat" list as it does not show any bots, and the numbers do match up 99.9% of the time. I'm still uncertain of the distinction between the two metrics, and on that note, if there was a count for the users in chat, for regular users, VIPs and moderators alike, that would be very helpful so at the very least I could spare myself from counting…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When clicking to view a users chat history, add an option to view the messages within the context of the chat/stream (for example: an option to show 10 lines before and after the message in question). Sometimes people say things that look bad out of context, allowing mods to see what everyone else was saying may help clear up misunderstandings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Emote spam is a constant annoyance, it would be great for channels to have an option that blocks emotes in chat. There could also be an option where only channel emotes are allowed. A text-only mode or an emote blacklist would be excellent.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  11. A feature that I believe that mods should have is a emergency call button. When used it sends the streamers information to 911 dispatch. And allow mods to communicate with dispatch operators to let them know whats happening. When the button is used it also cuts off stream from anyone who isnt a Moderator. This way a Twitch streamer doesnt have to worry about giving out any personal information and can still rely on thier mods to contact help if something were to happen.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  12. 안녕하세요, 평소에 트위치를 자주 이용하는 사람인데요. 오늘 한가지 굉장히 불쾌한 경험을 해서 고객센터에 도움을 요청합니다. 스트리머에게 일방적으로 폭언을 하는 사람을 완전히 쫓아낼 수 있는 방법이 없나요? 그 사람을 쫓아내면 다른계정으로 찾아와서 또 스트리머를 괴롭히는데, 이걸 막을 수 있는 방법이 없는건지 궁금합니다. 방법이 없다면 제가 아끼는 스트리머는 계속 그 사람에게 고통받아야하나요? 피드백 부탁드립니다.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When you decide to ban someone and perform the command make a popup come out and the popup says "Do you want this user get unfollowed from streamer?
    there you decide if yes or no, because if unfair you get unfollowed because you got a 69 seconds ban (more if you are a guy who has like 3 years following the channel)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I think it would be useful if the unban request from the user who was banned to be saved in the Usercard just in case mods want to go back to check the unban request even if it was already accepted/denied. Maybe similarly to how the "ban reason" that gets shown in the Usercard under "Bans"

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. With the mod icons it's far too easy to hit the wrong user as chat scrolls. For deleted messages and timeouts this is a pain, but for bans it pretty much boots the user, so there should be a confirmation prompt.

Other ban methods aren't as prone to going wrong so don't need a prompt.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The problem behind unban requests is, that you only have one chance. It could be useful if a request gets denied, the person can request another unban like a year after the request got denied. Requesting an unban after a year would show that the user is still interested in participating in this chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow mods to see if and where users are banned in other channels. This is would be applicable if a user is using a streamers emotes in another channel and being toxic while they are banned in the chat where they are using the emotes from.
    This would make the streamer whose emotes they are using look bad/make the community look bad meanwhile they could be banned in the community they are using the emotes from.
    This could be shown when a moderator opens a users card.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. For example, color marker on nickname to mark toxic user in chat, small note on hover, or coloring friends messages in chat. I've been active twitch user for over 7 years. Now I am moderating a lot of twitch channels. Sometimes there are toxic people, that provoke to get banned, looking for reason to act even more toxic. Would be great to have an ability to mark different users in chat, so you dont need to check message history or remember nicknames to note peoples behaviour

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the list of banned users visible to all moderators and not just the streamer

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Right now it is very tedious to have to only be able to add one word at a time if you're adding blocked words to your channel. I think it would be better if we could add 5 or 10 words at a time, separated by commas or or semicolons. This would make it less of a hassle for streamers to add banned words, especially if we have a long list of words we want to add.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?