Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

192 results found

1. Es wäre hilfreich, im e-Fall auch etwas gegen Follow-Botting unternehmen zu können. Z.b. um alle infrage kommenden "Follower" Gesammelt entfernen zu können Bzw zu melden und nicht jeden einzelnen

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. See how long individuals have been watching the stream. This could be sorted by time and allow us to identify and ban stream snipers who don't use the same name in twitch/game.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I had this issue for a while, in mod view you have next to stream title that "pen" moderation tool, which allows you to change titles and game category for the streamer, but once it just dissappeared for me and i do not have it there anymore. Does anyone have any idea why that happened, is it only a bug or doest it have to do with some twitch specific settings?

any help is appreciated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. Hello, what do you think about an individual "Emote only" to juste one user, if you want to calm someone without chat restricting him

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Swap the place of the timeout and ban buttons to move ban away from the “delete message” button especially on the mobile mod view menu. To prevent incidental bans on users when trying to delete messages, and leaving a permanent stain on a users profile.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have an option to permit a message that is flagged by auto mod instead of adding it as a permitted term.
    This is because sometimes a term is relevant to a topic of discussion but can quickly be used in an inappropriate or hateful manner.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. As a chat moderator today which unfortunately fell victim to a several hundred user chat spam bot posting dodgy discords and highly offensive messages, I was able to ban them all with the shield mode tool which worked incredibly well.

The problem is - using the batch reporting tool, after I went past the first 100 or so, it stopped allowing me to report any more accounts.

I understand a cap to prevent spam reports, but SURELY, for moderators using the batch reporting tool, especially when spam bots are all over Twitch the way they are, the amount should be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Restricted mode should NOT inform the chatter that their messages are not being delivered to the rest of chat. I feel like this is motive to encourage someone to act out even more... I feel like someone being restricted should not know they are being restricted. Feels VERY unsafe.

Sure, a ban may be the viable option, but there can be a lot of nuance to the relationships between fellow streamers and their communities... where nothing ban worthy has necessarily occurred but you might want to prevent an incident in the case something does.

I personally switched to monitoring mode…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  9. I got banned for either saying " Jalen has klown legs" or Wooo, go raiders" a full minute after play? There was no explanation or warning, just banned? I dont think klown legs is racist or political?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. the streamer should be the only one that can accept or deny unban request cause the stream could mod someone that a person that that they dont like and ban and deny the unban request behind the streamer back when they are not paying attention and that could make the streamer look bad and the streamer can complain to u about it so mods shouldnt be able to accept or deny unban request and also it can make the viewer upset as well too cause he be thinking he or she did something wrong please remove that from mods thank…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Detallar y ser más específico al momento de mostrar las configuraciones.

No son del todo claras las especificaciones mostradas dentro de la herramienta de Escudo. Al no comprender a qué se refieren, prefiero no activarlas.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Basically it prevents harassment from new accounts.

If the account is less than X amount of days old they cannot view the chat. Or the stream or anything.

That would help so much.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. That there is a setting where the moderators have to approve all links that are posted before it is sent. This could also be integrated into the defense mode and only activated when this is activated (as a setting like the rest in the mode).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have an option to remove timeout/ban history events in the User Profile view in the mod tool. Reason: Sometimes users get accidentally timed out when mods are using the mod buttons on messages and the chat scrolls and they mis-click the incorrect user. When this happens it shows in the timeout/ban history. Some creators use this information when they are thinking of promoting a viewer to VIP or even Mod and they see a timeout/ban and that may deter them. Plus, that user is put onto the channels sharded banned list even though it was an accidently ban.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a frequent user of Twitch chat, I would like to request a new feature that allows moderators to add slow mode to specific users instead of the entire chat. Currently, slow mode affects the entire chat, which can be frustrating for users who want to participate in the conversation at a faster pace.

The ability to add slow mode to specific users would be helpful in situations where a particular user is spamming the chat or posting inappropriate messages. By being able to add slow mode to individual users, moderators could prevent these users from continuing to disrupt the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sometimes mods timeout/ban someone on accident. We quickly unban them, but it still shows that they've been timed out and their record isn't clean. This can be harmful to the chatter as other mods or the streamer might think they've actually done something wrong and make a decision in the future based on this false record.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sometimes viewers are accidently banned in a stream due to a mis-click by the streamer or moderator. They are normally quickly unbanned but the viewer will show up in other streams as "banned" to to the banned viewer sharing. If the original streamer who banned them unbans them within say 10 minutes it would be good if the viewer then dropped off the "shared banned" listing.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  19. For some time now the Mod Action filters don't work correctly. For instance checking Timeout/Untimeouts does nothing. Clicking on Bans/unbans lists bans/unbans and all timeouts even though the timeouts/untimeout checkbox is NOT checked. Selecting message deletions does nothing too. These problems are happening while using the latest version of Firefox and Chrome and my fellow mods are reporting the same thing. This has been going on for months now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hello.

https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/951706-moderation/suggestions/42550657-mobile-moderation

I know that this proposal takes a lot of points to fix moderation on mobile devices, but, with the new restricted chat messages per user, makes this feature useless if moderators can't see them as well. Meanwhile the app gets attention for improvement from the developers, at least, can fix this ASAP so moderators keep moderating.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Restrict an user in your chat using moderation tools
    2. The user sends a message

Current behavior:
    The message is shown only for moderators in web browser but not for mobile moderators

Expected behavior:
    The message must be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ana responded

Please disregard the More Info Needed – looks like there was additional information for reproduction steps that I could not see in our UI, sorry about this! Thank you.

• Don't see your idea?