Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

197 results found

1. While I do like the monitoring function, I feel like it is "crowding" the mod-chat too much. Can we maybe, instead of having the person and their message shown in a colored box, stating they are suspicious, have a colored icon showing near their name? That way, if the person chats a lot, the mod-chat is not "crowded" by the colored box.

Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. DATE: 12/05/2022

TITLE: Shield Mode Amnesty for Chatbot Developers

With no criticism intended, suggested or implied for any of Twitch's suspensions, Community Guidelines, or Terms of Service. In general, it has seemed the only solution was to close a chatbot channel, once a chatroom and live stream had been vandalized by juvenile hacking of a chatbot response.

Now, a new more powerful solution has been developed called Shield Mode which can be set to block chat message hacks, immediately banning hacker accounts, before the chatroom is ever hacked. With the new tools available, the old saying, "Garbage in, garbage out"…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A check box system for mods to customize which tools each mod has access t. Giving creators the ability to grant different mods access to different actions. Say you trust some mods with more responsibilities like "everything" but then for others, even newer mods you're testing the waters with, you only want to check certain boxes such as letting them make polls or change the stream title, but not time out users etc. A check-box system with all the mod features where you can personalize which mods can access which tools would be super helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I think shield mode is great!
    But I've a doubt. What if a not sub and not follower new viewer join the stream and wants simply say "Hi I'm John" while the block for new chatters is active?
    It's needed a notification to the streamer and the modders to appear, showing the user name and the content of the message only to streamers and modders and let them to chose if enable the chat for that user in a flash.
    I still didn't try this mode. Maybe it already works like this. But if not, this could be a great…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 看到直接案啟動

想說什麼新功能

白爛聊天室被全清ㄌ

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. you should make it clearer that shield mode is something that effects the channel not the mods view of the channel . if would also be better to make its defaults not be the strongest settings as this causes the most disruption if its accidentally toggled which is happening a lot. the principle is good though, thankyou

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to see the ability to block hyperlinks awhile a channel is in Shield Mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I don't think defense mode is a good feature.
    If only the streamer is visible and some of the viewers become victims after entering the prohibited content set by the streamer without knowing it, the streamer himself has to take responsibility for it. No, if that's the case, then there's no reason for a streamer to choose a manager. The streamer can release it, and the manager doesn't have a function, it's a function that only the streamer has, so if you introduce this scary function as it is, Twitch won't be welcome anymore.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Twitch has become a cesspool of creeps and weirdos.. Twitch needs to protect their streamers. There is many ways things can be started.
    Give streamers better ways to mask their identities.
    Hook up with online harassment and government groups.

Twitch is owned by Amazon and amazon has meta data on all its users inorder to help the authorities find these creeps!!
    Meta data IE: Usernames, emails, ips, even ring data..

I’m not very smart but things are getting extremely weird on some of these streams..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  10. The Shared Ban list warning should apply for all incoming messages, not just the first-time chat.

Example scenario: A user chats in my stream, doesn't say anything ban-worthy, e.g. "Hello." They say something to get banned by someone who I've shared ban lists with. I want to know that they've been banned but the current implementation will not share that information.

The current implementation makes it quite easy for a bad actor to evade these warnings. Also, it's unlikely that people will open with something offensive unless they truly are trolling.

For this feature to truly be valuable, we need…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would like a way to natively see a users name change history including date & time of change.
    Maybe even first & last message history for each username change

For example:
    TwitchSupport - (formerly TwitchTVSupport) changed on 14 Oct 2020 22:46

510 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  12. Recently i had to fend off a hate raid that brought in around a hundred fresh bot accounts following the channel, the immediate subchat/emoteonly reaction was very effective, along with shield mode but dealing with the aftermath was very painful. Would be nice to have the option to ban multiple accounts at once, maybe even from the Activity Feed itself. It took me around 15m to ban every new account that followed and clicking on each single name waiting for the corresponding section of the mod view to load the ban button in felt like a waste of time.
    Having…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Moderators on the browser and desktop versions of twitch have incredible access to moderation tools such as mod icons, mod view etc. this makes handling larger chat rooms incredibly easy for a group of mods working together.

Unfortunately I, like many others, am in a position where I am a mod for a larger community, yet am often on the go and find myself using mobile twitch far more often than desktop. This makes it so much harder to keep chat under control, as the current moderation process on mobile is utterly laughable. Messages that would be deleted instantly if…

227 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  14. I am hoping to clarify, distinguish, and point out a certain aspect of this Shared Account Ban tool may prevent repeat harassers, but also enable abusers to further bully and cancel victims. I have so much empathy for the girls on Twitch that face mean usernames every day, these usernames being banned almost constantly in their chat, but have also faced this hate as their viewer. Mods are no exemption to abuse, and I have more than ten screenshots of absolutely horrible things mods have said to me, after I would appeal bans from out of the blue. This new…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I really like the new monitor and restrict tools introduced today for ban evasion detection! I did some testing of using monitor and restrict for general moderation, and there are three improvements that would dramatically improve their usability and impacts:

• Please add the ability to add a reason for monitoring a user's messages, the same way that /timeout and /ban have a [reason] field. This will let other mods know what kind of monitoring they should be doing. An example for how I would like to use this is: a user who is toeing the lines of rules in the…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  16. Some moderators could abuse mod tools for no reasons. Take a look from some Discord servers when there no moderation control inside. I would Twitch could be more restrictive about how Mods should work and how to ban properly an toxic user. This suggestion could fit in any social medias cases. We would be hear and respect at any kind.

Ban a user just because he was autistic, could lead an mod abuse and be sanctionable for example.

I would too see Social Medias more conscious about how they manage their product. We got some mods issues on the rival…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Twitch's newer features automatically flagging "suspicious users" as well as the ability of mods to "restrict" user messages is a FANTASTIC addition.

The issue is these flagged messages are currently not added to the users chat log, so when they are banned moderators can't look back later to see what they did, same for the unban requests.

Can the suspicious/restricted user messages be added to their chat log? Currently they seem to disappear into the ether.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Wäre es nicht sinnvoll die Wortfilterliste auch beim Abwehrmodus beizubehalten und nicht beim deaktivieren wieder zu löschen?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. it feels a bit harsh with sheild mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to see the ability to configure the ban evasion settings awhile a channel is in Shield Mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?