Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

98 results found

1. Had a message come across automod that used the n word, so obviously I denied the message. However, after denying an automod message it is from what I can see lost forever. I wanted to ban the user or at least time them out for a few days with no luck. I feel a sense of urgency with automod notifications so it seemed reasonable to deny it quickly. It would be nice to add denied messages to the log for further moderator action.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the Russian language to AutoMod, because I am a Russian-speaking streamer and I want to add this function, because there are viewers who offend in Russian with profanity in chat and I want AutoMod to delay them in a private message and in a chat. Thank you for understanding.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  3. This is not a idea, This is a Feedback report cause reporting feedback took me here so here i am...
    So i'm watching my friend play SuperMarioGalaxy and he just defeated a really hard Giant Kemek Boss and i commented when they finished and autobot flagged it and said it was being checked by mods even tho it's not even related to enything serious
    heres a screenshot of it: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/634982858326278154/798451023717990400/unknown.png
    at first i assumed it was just a bot flagging the text but then realized it was one of twitch's built-in bots, not a userbot
    i understand that "death" is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  4. So I'm not sure in which cases the wildcard-term ban doesn't work correctly, but on a channel I'm moderating we would like to block the "^^" smiley, unfortunately blocking "*^^", "^^*" or "*^^*" doesn't solve the problem. I suspect that there is a general problem with special characters in wildcard terms.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  5. Currently the AutoMod bot does not allow for timeouts, whitelisting of URLs and more. I would love to drop 3rd party bot moderation tools all together, but the current settings of AutoMod do not provide enough features to make it a viable means for moderation.

For instance, non-vips cannot post clips if I block hyperlinks as there is no way to whitelist the URL for it.

Please consider adding more features to AutoMod.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  6. Is there a way to replace an offensive word with new characters or text? Example : The word "****" would be replaced with "@#$%". Is this something that can be done already?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. This is no an idea this is purely a complaint as every other method of getting in touch about this issue has been ignored and it is really starting to get on my nerves.
    I have had my account since march 2014 but only started streaming in Jan of 2019. In all that time i have never had any issues with my name being auto modded until around 2 months ago when it started to get auto modded everywhere, this ruins my raids, my general interaction in peoples chats because if someone replies to me with my name, one of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ever since July we had to scale down Automod to (lowest) on chat to lowest filtering, and yet the chat language German the automod manges to find and put serval perfectly normal words as held for review... As potential slurs...

For example:
    - Every chat message containing "wenig / weniger" the German words for "few and fewer", "Kleinigkeit" the German word for "small thing", "Abonent/Abonement" the German words for "Subscriber and Subscription", "eine große Anstrengung" German for "a big effort"

Is there any hope of Twitch connecting the set stream language to the the strictness Automod?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make automod phrases to work only, when the channel is online or offline or both. (Add a checkbox next to the phrases)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would love a button that allows us to allow a message into chat, but not affect the automod blocking those specific terms. Just like an "allow once" button. This would allow for more flexibility in letting people say certain things, without messing with automod's word bank.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If another moderator hurries to Deny a message, all info pertaining to this message is lost as it removes itself. Could this potentially remain but just have the button removed and say (Actioned by ModeratorExample123)?

This allows us to deny the message, add the blocked terms and then also timeout/ban the user in question.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hey peeps, I was wondering if we could have the blacklist word filtering system be where subs can say certain words but non subs cant. For example if someone says "can you add me?" I would want subs to say this but not everyone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New accounts cannot because created with the word "grape" in it and will automatically trigger a red flag. I know this is nonsensical for some, but my name online has always had the word "Grape" in it because it is my last name. I'd love to create an account with the word "grape" in it. But apparently it's too close to word word "Rape" so it automatically won't let you put the word in your name.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Messages flagged by AutoMod are pinned to the bottom of the chat till assessed by a moderator or by the streamer.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There is a checkbox in "Channel & Videos" tab of your channel settings, called "Opt out of globally banned words filter".

I had it enabled since I started streaming a month ago. And today I discovered, that it does not work - some words, like "tranny" for example, are still replaces with asterisks to everyone else in chat. I was disappointed.

I despise any form of censorship. When I come to other streams and I see their chat rules "Be nice, no spam..." - I respect the rules. Its their choice. Why can't Twitch respect my own choice to treat…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Rather than removing emotes, create a chat filter that checks
    emote tags. When approving emotes, apply rating tag to emotes that could be considered "sexual/explicit", these would be filtered out in channels that haven't enabled the 18+ notification.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I was looking into the Automod settings on the Creator Dashboard and noticed the various automod categories that are there already. While I think these are very important to have, I would also like to see a misandrist category there as well.

I feel that having both the Misandrist and Misogyny are important to have for the safety of all streamers / content creators on the platform.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?