Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

98 results found

1. ecently, we have noticed a number of malicious users posting obscene comments, reporting the channel, and having the channel suspended.
    When the distributor is busy or the moderator is unavailable, the channel is suspended before the comment can be deleted.
    We request an AutoMod for the number of characters in comments to prevent this behavior.
    If the number of characters is too large, we would like it to be put on hold.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. Currently "Blocked terms and phrases" section of AutoMod settings in production works significantly different from its specification documented here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-manage-harassment-in-chat?language=en_US#UsetheChannelBannedTermssFilter and here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-use-automod#BlockedandPermitted
    Adding "apple banana" to blocked phrases currently will NOT block in chat phrases like "apple and banana" and "banana apple" making it essentially useless for blocking PHRASES, so currently only TERMS blocking is operational. Adding "apple * banana" will block "apple and banana" but will allow "apple and the banana". This functionality was previously working as documented and was altered around 7 months ago. Please either update documentation to reflect that blocking phases is no longer possible…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Twitch removes my name from banned words :(

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  4. It's kind of crazy that this is even allowed to be used. It's used by the Dutch audience when there is Dutch content or a Dutch sounding person on stream.

I get that they want to be like PogU a Dutch person but using "Gekoloniseerd" is not the appropriate way of doing it. Colonization has deep rooted history in ***** trade and the repression/massacre of native people.

I would like to see Twitch put in changes to prevent this from being used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi there,

As an IRL fishing streamer - The word S***o is a very common nickname used for Samson fish that I catch (Please just Google Samson Fish nickname, I don't wish to get into trouble). You will find that 99/100 Australians will call it this nickname, probably me being the only 1 who will now only refer to it as Samson. It is going to be very difficult to avoid audio capturing of someone using the nickname for this fish live on my streams, when I engage with random people in public.

This only just came to light recently…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. On a Hungarian language for channel points and predictions some words are restricted and handled as it would be a swear word in English.

"Vagy" means in Hungarian "or" or "be". I wrote this words in Hungarian:

"Ha új vagy". Means if you are new.

But I can not create this reward as I get this error message: "*This is not compliant with our content guidelines."

Tell me what guidelines is against the Hungarian word "vagy"?

And there are more words which is moderated!

Please remove automatic moderation on this tools ASAP! We can not create proper content for our…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  7. o nome do emote gera conflitos com as configurações de alguns canais, pois o streamer bloqueia a palavra "gay" para evitar ofensas mas acaba banindo o emote por consequência

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There is already a suggestion to ban the word r*tard. I'd like to expand on that suggestion, however. Thinking objectively, there are many words and phrases that are technically against TOS for the same reason, yet they are still commonly used.

I am NOT insisting that all these words and phrases be barred from use. I am saying their regulation should be considered. Either that or their use should be explicitly permitted in TOS. The current situation does nothing to protect the streamers who could, at Twitch's discretion, be punished for using these words and it does nothing to protect…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  9. Make the automod automatically remove slurs and references to nazis. Why the **** is this not a feature already? why do I have to go out of my way to do this myself?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Twitch has launched new Auto-Mod settings, and included Misogyny, while failing to include a category for Misandry.

Misandry is defined as; dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male ***).

This description is perfect for the failures of Twitch in recognising the hourly verbal abuse and violence that men experience on their platform.

It is worse that this violence against men is completely ignored by Twitch, and Twitch allows it to happen.

I believe Twitch's behaviour is illegal, as they are discriminating against all men based on their gender.

What will Twitch do to remedy this…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  11. Treat similar looking character as identical when checking blocked words to prevent automod evasion.

So if the word "Apple" is blocked, the word "Àṗṗĺĕ" would be blocked too.

Blocking every variation of a word would literally take 76 days at 100 terms per 30 seconds (rate limit by Twitch). This is for obvious reasons not a solution. And the current moderation tools are thus obviously insufficiant.

https://twitter.com/thomsimonson/status/1429472208506822659

This feature request is in response to the ongoing hate-raids mainly targeted at LGBTQIA+ people

twitchdobetter

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  12. Hi so I wanted to get into streaming but the idea of getting doxxed is sketchy.
    Twitch runs on AWS which is a large cloud platform. Part of that platform is a service called Amazon Comprehend. Comprehend tries to detect if data is personal info, like addresses, etc.

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/machine-learning/detecting-and-redacting-pii-using-amazon-comprehend/

It would be super cool if this could be integrated into the AutoMod so doxxing can't happen as easily.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enabling the ability for streamers to upload/download lists of banned terms via .csv or text files would:

1. Allow streamers to easily add banned terms to their list, as currently, the only way to add banned terms is to type them in one by one.

2. Allow communities of streamers to share their list banned terms with each other to create a more comprehensive list of banned terms specific to that community

3. Allow streamers to edit their banned terms in a more flexible format

Altogether, it would allow for much more flexibility and less headache with banned terms.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A section similar to Mod Actions, that shows when someone tries to type a word/phrase that is in the blocked terms list. It should show who is trying to send a message containing a blocked term, and it should show what the word/phrase is. I believe this would greatly help mods, moderate people who try to use inappropriate language. I know this is similar to Automod, but Automod doesn't show blocked terms being typed. So the issue is, someone could, for example, try to spam the n-word (or another commonly blocked term) but it would never go through, and then…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Recently I had to permit the term of "ow" when someone wanted to simply type "How are you <3" on a stream. This rather baffled me. I have since found similarly harmless words have triggered very low levels of automod sensitivity despite being rather simple words. Someone on reddit thankfully screenshotted some examples of the settings being used for the How are you <3 instance and has uploaded them for easy viewing:

Settings: https://i.imgur.com/3vLFx3Z.png
    Results: https://i.imgur.com/VYjp4Sj.png

I can also state that I've had to permit the word 'dinosaur' on the same levels of sensitivity. I think it AutoMod should be…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. =The Idea=

Have a toggle switch in auto-mod options for streamer to opt-in or out.

If opted in:
    Any accounts that were banned in 3 other streamer's chats in the past 72 hrs will have their messages auto-held until approved.

If opted out:
    No change from current moderation.

=Uses=
    - Chat bots from follow websites would have all their messages held after 3 streamers ban them. This will prevent a significant amount of spam from follow bots and not allow their messages unless the streamer opted out.
    - General trolls. Some people like to join chats just to harass streamers.…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  17. Make rule sets of automod strictness, whereas each set is applied to a type of viewer determined by streamer. For example:
    - Followed less than a week ago: Very strict.
    - Followed more than 6 months ago: Less strict.
    - Subscribed for 5 years straight and <2 timeouts: No auto-moderation.

The main problem with a universal automod rule set (i.e. current automod, as of Dec 2021) is that when a flaggable word is used with amicable intent by a loyal viewer and then manually permitted by a mod, the same permitted word can now be used maliciously by bots and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. can you make a program that beebs all the forbidden words races slurs it hard to anticipate what people will say in game chats and i don't like having to delete vids because someone says something that is against the rules could they work on something to make it easier for us streamers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Along the lines of the new restricted user function, a good tool for creators and channel moderators would be the ability to see users who have current bans in channels you may care about.

I.E. Similar to the autohost function, you could set a list of channels where you want to maintain similar moderation standards (this would be useful for communities such as NoPixel, content creator houses, and streamer friends, etc.). So Person A could put Friend B and Friend C's channels on their channel's automod list. Banned User 1, after being banned in Friend B and C's channels, decides…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My name in twitch has been fine for years but a newly added term has been added that makes my name offensive according to your system. This has some unintended consequences, such as stopping people using mentions directed at me or using my emotes. I recall an old server in a game I played having banned variations of "****" in chat, thus "ridiculous" ended us being banned. If a legitimate word contains a banned word, should the legitimate word be banned too? Obviously not.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?