Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

98 results found

1. Streamers are using the tag "DropActive" without having any current Drop active for their current content, baiting viewers and misleading information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. spiel conquero`s blade

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. please add a way to stop possible /likey ban evaders from coming to the stream. twitch currently only stops banned people and not possible/ likely ban evaders ive reported atleast 600 accounts requesting and demanding they IP ban the user and twitch does nothing, seriously about to switch to another platform to stream if nothing is done!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  4. Streamers currently have a block list so we can prevent usage of certain words or phrases being used in chat.

We would like to have a similar block list but for usernames, so if someone has created a username that contains a word or phrase that's restricted in our channel, AUTOMOD would prevent them from interacting with chat and give moderators an alert so they can review if the username truly contains a restricted word or not and choose to allow the user to interact with chat.

If the user attempts to follow the channel it would detect the restricted…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There have been many cases where people have been suspended for blatant rule violations by committing sexual and or vulgar acts, however these ban/suspension durations (if they get banned or suspended at all) seem to be directly related to the large following and income they bring to twitch. it would seem to me and most anyone with access to your site, that it is an unfair practice to simply pick and choose who you decide to allow to break the agreements based off of the monetary value they create. Ive recently started streaming myself, and have had one viewer suspended…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'm a moderator for a former Air Force vet. Today he was getting followed by multiple names that were celebrating/promoting veteran suicide. This really affected him, and I wish there was a way for automod to ban a follower instantly with certain words in their name.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. да я ничего не понимаю

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Verified E-Mail/phone to follow channel to prevent bot attacks.

I got attacked TWICE in a row by follower bots, the verified e-mail to talk in the chat is an already existing feature, maybe also giving us an option to have a verified e-mail and/or a verified phone number to follow the channel would be the easiest way to prevent bots and duplicate accounts without the need of any complex solution.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This feature would be similar to the "Blocked words and phrases" feature but instead of outright preventing messages from being sent, it would flag the message for moderator review, similar to the functionality of the built-in "AutoMod Rulesets" feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I can go into my personal channel bio and I should be able to type words like “gay” but I can’t. It doesn’t let me save it and it says it’s a banned word. I can type the word “straight.” I don’t see why I can’t type “gay.”

I get not wanting profanity in a channel bio. That’s fine, but it is 2023 and we should not be putting the word “gay” on a banned words list. A lot of creators on Twitch aim to create a safe and accepting environment and community for everyone, and while the platform is…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tengo un canal de perros y Twitch no acepta que utilice perro, perra, perros, perras... en los títulos de mis clips. Me voy apañando pero es importante para mí poder utilizar la palabra más importante de mi canal.

Además, lo único que pone es un aviso de que el título podría contener insultos pero no indica cual es la palabra no válida. Estaría bien saberlo sin tener que estar probando todo. Por cierto, a veces ni siquiera se por qué...

¡Gracias!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I've created a Channel about dogs. When I create a clip, in the title I try to put something which has the word 'dog' (perro in Spanish), and it says there's an insult in the title. I've changed moderation level to 2 and also added the words 'perro' and 'perros' to the admitted words, but still it doesn't work.
    Could you please fix it?
    Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently, Automod doesn't censor VIPs or Moderators, and while normally it shouldn't have to, the thing is accidents do happen. As a Family Friendly streamer, it's important to me that my viewers aren't exposed to any foul language. Unfortunately, some of my VIPs and even Mods forget to think before they speak and a bad word suddenly manages to slip out... When these thankfully rare situations arise, I rely on automod to catch it as my last line of defense, but sadly that hasn't been the case. Just like with allowing or blocking links for VIPs and Moderators, I'd greatly…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automod blocks the phrase gay sex but not the work sex or the phrase straight sex

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AutoMod is a great tool to filter chat, but when a malicious user sees that their message was held for review, they often type variations of it to get it through the filter.

It would be nice to have an option in mod settings to hide the notification stating that a message was held for review. Additionally, displaying the message as sent(only for the user in question); If they're unaware that there's a filter, they won't try to circumvent it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to become a cooking streamer and people have been telling me people are not allowed to put Cream in their stream title. I feel if they are a cooking stream they should be allowed to put cream in the title especially if they are making a boston cream pie, or cream of chicken soup Ect, But only if it is a cooking stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The phrase "take your meds" is a seriously overlooked phrase that incites hatred, is disparaging, and implies a derogatory attitude towards neurodivergent people.

Too often, people invoke mental health terms and phrases such as "take your meds" "that's so bipolar" "You're acting like a schizo"

Perhaps a blanket ban is overreaching, but Twitch should take it upon itself, on its own platform, that typically champions people of neurodivergence, to stop such a toxic, hateful, vile expression and attitude towards those who may have differing perspectives, opinions, outlooks on life, or even represent an older generation of twitch users.

It is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Using the word "*****" in a negative context on the Twitch platform or anywhere else is offensive and inappropriate. These words are slang terms that can offend and humiliate women.

Nowadays, in the context of the struggle for gender equality and respect for women's rights, it is important to respect each person and avoid using words and expressions that can harm others.

As a member of the Twitch community, you can play an important role in maintaining a respectful and enjoyable environment for all users by avoiding offensive language and by taking an active part in the fight against discrimination…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ban any spelling or spacing of the word r@pe. I have had to type this word in every way possible onto my banned phrases list and I am sick of people coming up with new ways that the automod will not pick it up. It would be valuable for the mental health of streamers/viewers if this word could be recognized in every way possible so that it doesn't ever get through on chat. I appreciate the attempts to catch it but... I feel that more could be done. Thank you for your time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Right now, the manual word block list has to be entered one phrase at a time. This can take a very long time. Allow the ability to enter the full comma separated list all at once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?