Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creator Dashboard: Stream Manager

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creator Dashboard: Stream Manager

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

46 results found

1. Many people in the world i believe mostly at least bilingual, or even rarely some people speak Trilingual and Multilingual, so in the dashboard let us for streamers to choose what language are we broadcasting. For example "English" and "Chinese or "Korean" and "English" or even rarely maybe? "English" + "Korean" + "German"

1,177 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    mouse responded

Hey there!

Though we have not yet added support for multiple language tags, we have added more than 350 new options that we think may help out with this particular ask.

For more information, you can take a look at our blog post at https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2021/05/26/celebrate-yourself-and-your-community-with-350-new-tags/. Thank you for your feedback and ideas!

We will leave this topic open for now for further discussion around whether this meets the needs of the request.

2. Whenever I play a game then switch to a new category, it changes and even when I refresh the page it changes correctly, but when I go back and view the VOD, the category doesn't change at all but it does say there are different chapters. When I clip something, for example something in VALORANT, the clip says i'm playing ARK even though the chapter says it's the VALORANT chapter and the game category was changed to VALORANT.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It'd be rad to be able to save your Stream Information for different shows, (Title, game) instead of manually adjusting it for every different show you do.

For example, you could select - "Hearthstone Ladder"
    and the title and game could fill based on what you'd previously saved "Hearthstone Ladder" to be.
    Title: "[AUS] Hearthstone Standard Hardcore Ladder with ya boy junglejim70000"
    Game: Hearthstone

This would make for quick, smooth transitions to games that you regularly play. <3

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be useful (and user friendly) to have a way for those who typically stream in multiple diverse categories to create tag profiles, so that when they switch categories it automatically updates (removes / adds) tags they've preselected for that category.

IE I stream games & Just Chatting / Crafters & Makers. For the Just Chatting / Crafters & Makers streams I typically use crafting, resin and a couple other related tags. But when I'm streaming games I don't. 90% of the time I remember to pull the craft related tags for gaming streams or add them for the…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Think of expressive implementations this has for the twitch experience. I mean this should almost ALREADY be a thing! Imagine browsing games for channels and seeing (even a monotone graphic) of an emote in stream titles.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I change the game and the activity of my stream quite regularly and it is becoming a nuisance to have to change those categories.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The "Category" field on the Dashboard or in Edit Stream Info should include a drop-down menu that lists your recent and most-frequently streamed titles. It's cumbersome to search by text every time you switch categories and there's currently a frequent bug in which updating your Steam Info will revert back to your previous Category if you're not paying attention, so you effectively have to enter the field twice.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Co-Working (streaming while working, playing music, and using shared to-do lists) has become a pretty popular thing on Twitch and the only category currently that fits is "Just Chatting" which doesn't quite fit when the point of the stream is not to talk very much and let people work.

Can we get a new category just for Co-Working?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Now that Twitch is attempting to push other twitch management platforms out of the market by copying their features and integrating directly to Twitch (stream events as an example to reclaim StreamElements users, Channel Point events to pull users away from tools like TriggerFyre), there needs to be a new role that gives the ability to provide the same level of management delegation that the other tools already give.

I can manage other peoples layouts and sound alerts (via StreamElements and TriggerFyre sites), but as a streamers editor, i cannot edit their native Twitch Stream Events.

We need a new…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Restrict/add new rules against what creators can enter into their live notification to prevent live notifications that try to essentially lie to the viewer.

Examples I've seen recently:

Creator/Someone has mentioned you in chat! Click to view!
    Creator/Someone has given you a tier one sub!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Is it possible to reduce the live notifications for our viewers from 4 hours to 2 (or even better 1 hour).

For my case i'm doing IRL stream everyday at 19 to 21 and then i go back home, eat and doing some stuff, to launch again at 22 for some gaming.

But because of the 4 hours cooldown on live notification my viewers don't even know that i launched again my stream.

So my suggestion is :
    - Reduce the 4 hours timer to 2 or 1 hour.
    - Or let us the possibility to manualy send a new…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Streamers often say put the time of events in their stream title
    E.g. "Twitch Rivals Finals 20:00 PST"

The time should automatically convert to the the viewers local to e.g.
    E.g. "Twitch Rivals Finals 02:00 GMT"

This can be done by adding auto detecting date formats and converting them to the viewers local time, or by allowing the streamer to add a "time element" in the title which allows them to specify when they are adding a time

Twitch is a very global and time relative platform, this just makes sense

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Some things I have noticed:
    1. Editing your title and game opens a new popup in the browser. Dragging the mouse to highlight any text and releasing the button with the cursor outside of the window closes it, losing all your new changes before you can save them.
    2. There is lots of room beneath the live preview of the stream where this stuff could go, so that changing your game or title on the fly was more efficient.
    3. Stream stats at the top of the window would be nice to be able to repositioned somewhere else, instead of…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I've always disliked that you could only stream in one language when I speak multiple languages. So I was happy to see that you can add a language in tags now, but since there is the stream language too, it hasn't really fixed the issue. Example: I'm Norwegian, so I want Norwegians to find me, BUT if I put English in stream language (since I mostly speak English on stream), and Norwegian in tags, and people that search for Norwegian, they have to choose between two identical Norwegian tags when they search in tags; one "Norwegian" is Stream Language, and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Imagine being able to use the schedule system where you can configure what the stream title, game and tags say for that scheduled stream. That'd save time and would be a great way to help streamers with that kind of automation.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The clock that ticks away below the stream video when online can stress some people out. An option to turn that off would be appreciated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The new creator dashboard needs a icon to edit your stream prior to you starting your stream on the creator dashboard page.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I stream Mario games regularly and lately there's an annoying issue. Let's say I'll stream SMB3, so I select it from the category list. However then it automatically changes to another SMB3 category without image and only a few followers. This reduces the channel discoverability and splits searches in several pieces. I've found up to 4 SMB3 categories (you know well it's only 1 game) and the same occurs with others, like SMW or SMB2 and probably with a lot of other games. Idk why this occurs and why Twitch is not doing anything. It looks like someone hacked the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please! 10 tags are just not enough! I play music, and will add genres, instruments, etc. On 3 languages!

If it would be possible, please do not restrict at all the count of tags, or if restricted, it should be like 1000.

Why do you hold back creators constantly with restrictions?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 10 tags is just not nearly enough, especially since it's completely free-form and you may want to have multiple variations of similar tags to increase discoverability. I think I'd be happy with like 25, but other platforms allow way more (YouTube has a character limit instead of a tag limit, but you can get like 50-100 on there).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?