Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creator Dashboard: Stream Manager

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creator Dashboard: Stream Manager

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

46 results found

1. Now that Twitch is attempting to push other twitch management platforms out of the market by copying their features and integrating directly to Twitch (stream events as an example to reclaim StreamElements users, Channel Point events to pull users away from tools like TriggerFyre), there needs to be a new role that gives the ability to provide the same level of management delegation that the other tools already give.

I can manage other peoples layouts and sound alerts (via StreamElements and TriggerFyre sites), but as a streamers editor, i cannot edit their native Twitch Stream Events.

We need a new…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A lot of steamers are using the wrong categories, especially Video Game ones, either on purpose or because they're unaware of the choices they have. When configuring the Stream Info, before selecting a category, add a drop down for "Type of Content". There are three main types on the platform: Video Games, IRL (including IRL games) and Unattended* (check below for explanation). Choosing the category should only be allowed after choosing the type of content, and should be limited to only what pertains to that type (e.g. streamers who do IRL / Unattended content should not be able to pick…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Co-Working (streaming while working, playing music, and using shared to-do lists) has become a pretty popular thing on Twitch and the only category currently that fits is "Just Chatting" which doesn't quite fit when the point of the stream is not to talk very much and let people work.

Can we get a new category just for Co-Working?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I stream Mario games regularly and lately there's an annoying issue. Let's say I'll stream SMB3, so I select it from the category list. However then it automatically changes to another SMB3 category without image and only a few followers. This reduces the channel discoverability and splits searches in several pieces. I've found up to 4 SMB3 categories (you know well it's only 1 game) and the same occurs with others, like SMW or SMB2 and probably with a lot of other games. Idk why this occurs and why Twitch is not doing anything. It looks like someone hacked the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The "Category" field on the Dashboard or in Edit Stream Info should include a drop-down menu that lists your recent and most-frequently streamed titles. It's cumbersome to search by text every time you switch categories and there's currently a frequent bug in which updating your Steam Info will revert back to your previous Category if you're not paying attention, so you effectively have to enter the field twice.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Is it possible to reduce the live notifications for our viewers from 4 hours to 2 (or even better 1 hour).

For my case i'm doing IRL stream everyday at 19 to 21 and then i go back home, eat and doing some stuff, to launch again at 22 for some gaming.

But because of the 4 hours cooldown on live notification my viewers don't even know that i launched again my stream.

So my suggestion is :
    - Reduce the 4 hours timer to 2 or 1 hour.
    - Or let us the possibility to manualy send a new…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please! 10 tags are just not enough! I play music, and will add genres, instruments, etc. On 3 languages!

If it would be possible, please do not restrict at all the count of tags, or if restricted, it should be like 1000.

Why do you hold back creators constantly with restrictions?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. hello, in the edit stream information section, in the audience tab I would like you to add the option of only verified accounts

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 10 tags is just not nearly enough, especially since it's completely free-form and you may want to have multiple variations of similar tags to increase discoverability. I think I'd be happy with like 25, but other platforms allow way more (YouTube has a character limit instead of a tag limit, but you can get like 50-100 on there).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Often times setting the category of the stream does not work. If you type something that is moderately long you do not get search results. A workaround
    for that is to use a chat bot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Restrict/add new rules against what creators can enter into their live notification to prevent live notifications that try to essentially lie to the viewer.

Examples I've seen recently:

Creator/Someone has mentioned you in chat! Click to view!
    Creator/Someone has given you a tier one sub!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I regularly stream from PS4, and found an issue where streaming certain games causes the category to get changed to "Games + Demos", even though a more specific category for the game exists(Example: Soul Calibur VI). From what I gathered researching this, it seems like minor differences in how the PS4 submits the game category causes Twitch to not recognize it, so it defaults to Games + Demos. The workaround is to manually correct the game category in Stream Manager, however doing this for every stream gets cumbersome, espec as I also have to do it again for VODs afterwards.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A button that easily allows me to send another live notification if I'm streaming long hours. I like to change my stream info/title.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. German:
    Es wäre Super wenn es bei Stream-Info unter Kategorien den Rust Editor gäbe und man nicht über das Game Rust arbeiten im Editor Streamt. Das Verwirrt die Zuschauer sonst.

Danke im voraus

English:
    It would be great if there was the Rust Editor under Stream Info under Categories and you didn't stream via the Game Rust in the editor. Otherwise it confuses the audience.

Thanks in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be useful (and user friendly) to have a way for those who typically stream in multiple diverse categories to create tag profiles, so that when they switch categories it automatically updates (removes / adds) tags they've preselected for that category.

IE I stream games & Just Chatting / Crafters & Makers. For the Just Chatting / Crafters & Makers streams I typically use crafting, resin and a couple other related tags. But when I'm streaming games I don't. 90% of the time I remember to pull the craft related tags for gaming streams or add them for the…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a Collaborators section near the stream title/category to allow viewers to see and effortlessly find/go to the channel with whom you are streaming.

Adding the names can be done quickly through the Stream Information panel via adding the channel names e.g. "@kiddabob". The channel that has been tagged can then receive a notification that will allow them to either confirm if deny the collaboration.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Streamers often say put the time of events in their stream title
    E.g. "Twitch Rivals Finals 20:00 PST"

The time should automatically convert to the the viewers local to e.g.
    E.g. "Twitch Rivals Finals 02:00 GMT"

This can be done by adding auto detecting date formats and converting them to the viewers local time, or by allowing the streamer to add a "time element" in the title which allows them to specify when they are adding a time

Twitch is a very global and time relative platform, this just makes sense

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hola, después de recibir varios correos del equipo de soporte dándome largas o desviando la conversación me gustaría proponer la idea de que se integre dentro de las opciones de la transmisión la posibilidad de seleccionar como idioma cualquiera de las lenguas cooficiales que hay en España. Sí que aparecen el castellano y el catalán, pero no otras como el gallego o el vasco, algo que me parece limitante y discriminatorio. Ahí queda la sugerencia. Un saludo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. First of all, I want to thank you very much for having tooltip/mouseover text to look at the description of tags when searching for new tags.

Especially when changing categories/games midstream, it would be very helpful for creators/editors to get a refresher of the description of each tag that is already applied so that they can make sure selected tags are still accurate and relevant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've always disliked that you could only stream in one language when I speak multiple languages. So I was happy to see that you can add a language in tags now, but since there is the stream language too, it hasn't really fixed the issue. Example: I'm Norwegian, so I want Norwegians to find me, BUT if I put English in stream language (since I mostly speak English on stream), and Norwegian in tags, and people that search for Norwegian, they have to choose between two identical Norwegian tags when they search in tags; one "Norwegian" is Stream Language, and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?