Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

78 results found

1. The Twitch point ToS says "Points cannot otherwise be exchanged for items that have value outside of the website" but i have seen several screenshots of Twitch personnel giving the "OK" for streamers to offer their merch as a reward. If merch Items are allowed it should say it in the ToS.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For channel points there is an option to limit the number of times something can be redeemed per stream which is great, my idea is an extension of that. Can we have it to where each viewer can redeem the channel point option a certain amount of times per stream. Example being one viewer can redeem a channel award 5 times but that's all for that stream all other viewers can still redeem that reward until they redeem it 5 times themselves, or whatever max value the streamer limited it to. I hope the way I'm explaining this makes sense…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Twitch added this amazing list to help us customize our channel point list beside the basic 5 we get, however I would like to see some automated options in there.

They added a couple Twitch-related rewards and they might be hard to keep track of while also playing games like:
    - Timeout
    - Emote-only Chat
    - Ad Time
    Since these are all Twitch related I was hoping they could be automated, or at least give us the option for it. Especially the Emote-only can be a pain to keep track on as it's time related and all.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A few proposals to improve them:
    1. If the streamer wants, give them the ability to create emote purchases that lasts for longer than 24 hours (templates should be: 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month)
    2. Allow the users to re-buy emote remotely up to 1 week after it expires or bookmark it for the case they want to re-buy it at any other time.
    3. The above should also apply for modified emotes and their respective modification (exception: seasonal/temporary modifications)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Danky responded

Hey Suedois1! I've moved your suggestion to our new Channel Point Rewards category. If you think this is a mistake, feel free to respond to this.

Thank you!

6. I'd like to have the ability to reset everyone's channel points on my channel manually or automatically (daily, weekly, monthly) like the bits and sub gift leaderboard.

Also i'd like to see more options. Being able to activate emote only chat automatically for a given amount of time after using channel points etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Danky responded

Heya! Wanted to let you know I've moved this suggestion to our new Channel Point Rewards category. 

Have a great day!

7. I was trying to manage the Reward Queue in a channel I moderate and wasn't sure if a reward was fulfilled. What would really help this is to show the timestamp of the reward in the queue, so we can determine whether it has been fulfulled.
    Example: Redeemed: Feb 25 2020 5:00pm AEDT

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow the use of sounds as channel rewards for users i.e the ability to upload specific sounds that can be redeemed

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My idea is to make channel points more rewarding for both the streamer and viewers. My suggestion would be to have X amount of channel points unlocks X amount of bits, &/OR, X amount of channel points unlocks a one month subscription to the streamer the viewer is spending their valuable time watching and supporting. This idea would help smaller channels grow and it would also let the viewers support their favorite streamers/content creators just by spending time with them. Everyone could use a little positive boost and this would be a great way to show support and positivity. Thank…

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Redeeming channel point reward only displays the name of the reward followed by the cost of the redemption plus the currency icon in the chat. Please allow an option to either use the reward icon we upload or have the currency icon in the chat.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. So I have a lot of points for a streamer I watch but can’t really do anything usefull with it. I think it would be great if it was not only possible to unlock an emote for 24 hours but if it was also possible to gift another viewer an emote for 24 hours using your channelpoints. I would love to see this feature added. It would really improve the interaction between viewers as well

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give Streamers the option to use a certain amount of Emotes (Maybe more for Partners or something like 1 + 1/10 of your unlocked Emoteslots rounded up) to be unlockable by Channelpoints but not by Subscribing or Cheering. Every Streamer can chose the cost of the Emotes they want to have themselves.

This allowes Streamers to give something back to the Community and makes it possible to get emotes by just watching and being Active in the Stream and the Community when the people cannot support monetarily. This also still incentivises to Gain More Subs due to getting the possibility…

447 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As a Mod we should be able to use our points on a Make It Rain option where we can input the number of points and the number of recipients, and let the algorithm used for handing out gifted subs, pick who gets the points (equal amounts among the number of people designated). I would rather be able to give points to members of chat to be able to interact more, than use em to highlight my message or alter an emote.

512 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Basically it would be awesome if we could set rewards that are disabled when exchanged until the streamer "resets" the reward (or disabled forever, but I couldn't think of any use for that)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to use channel points but I am finding that the vast majority of my viewers already subscribe at tier 1 and as such have nothing to spend channel points on other than modifying tier 1 emotes, which is of limited novelty. I would like it if different pricing tiers points-wise were available for the tier 2 & 3 emotes as well as bit emotes.

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Channel Points Relevant make it to where viewers could earn free sub or bits or something meaningful from cashing in channel points. Current prizes just dont do it viewers tbh just lol at the channel point prizes. I like the idea of channel points just up the prizes to get peoples attention. At the moment i just dont see alot of interaction from viewers with current meta....

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Channel Points...I love them already. I do. I'm using them as I'm typing here. One great idea though imo...I really would like it even better if Twitch gave us a bunch of random icons to choose from to use with each custom reward we have. I don't have any custom icons and as a gamer, streamer, and upcoming holiday lover, I don't know about you but, I don't have the money to pay for a bunch of icons at different resolutions to be honest lol. I KNOW alot of streamers will love to have this option as well. My first…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?