Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. When a streamer is suspended for nearly any offense there is a seemingly random (from the users POV) chance they will lose access to instant upload emotes and follower emotes PERMENENTLY (yes this happens.. a lot). This isn't really a fair or not fair issue, but results in a lot of fear and anger at the random permabans of features for a short term suspension (which was the REAL punishment)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Recently, a streamer I follow had a few of their emotes removed without warning, some of their most popular emotes. Twitch Support couldn't give them a straight answer as to why. These emotes were approved by Twitch staff since they didn't have instant emote approval when they were made, but they got removed after months and months AND the streamer's instant approval privileges got revoked. They just got the email saying their emotes were removed. They were deemed "sexual," (even though they aren't sexual, and there are much worse emotes out there), and they couldn't challenge the moderation - emailing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 5 is way to big of a number to instantly unlock upon following.

It completely disincentives' the need to sub. I feel like a much better system would be max 3 emotes that unlock over time. For Ex: 10 mins- 6 hours- 24 hours following. In addition to this, if they're only usable in my channel, I may as well continue using BTTV / FFZ and encouraging users to install the browser add on.

A suggestion i saw made by a friend was that three would be perfect. FOR EXAMPLE: Hello, Love/Hype, and a Raid emote. Combine this with the…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow people who have a difficult time reaching affiliate enjoy emotes by allowing everyone access to the follower only emotes, once fully rolled out. It would allow for something special for them to share within their streams even while not affiliate.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A way to see times streamed somehow. Its hard to keep track when follower emotes would get unlocked especially if a stream has stretched over multiple dates, (midnight streams) and shows up on the graph as two pillars
    I believe there used to be an achievement for tracking something like this, but i could remember wrong.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This entire concept is detrimental to new affiliates. What's the point of NOT having follower emotes when you have only followers?!?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I get that you loose follower emotes when you unfollow the affiliate/partner on Twitch, but what if you get banned from their channel yet you still have an active subscription for their channel? I feel that you shouldn't have them anymore as it may trigger some immature behavior if you disliked that streamer. If you're banned from an affiliated/partnered streamer, you shouldn't have their emotes in your library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hey everyone!

We have follower emotes, hype emotes, bit emotes. Why not a special emote slot for people who have been supporting you since the beginning. Give them something very special.

So 10 for Affiliates, and 25 for Partner.

And it'd be 1 emote for Affiliate and maybe 2-3 for partner?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. What it says on the tin. Right now the tier system is one of the most under utilized features on twitch. There's no incentive for the viewer to want to spend added money on a tier 2 or 3 sub other than to be supportive. Tier 3 for $25 unlocks... 2 emotes. That's $12.50 an emote. Horrible value.

However, if Twitch allows tier 3 to use a channels follower emotes anywhere, that could be worth the $25 value. At least, it's more worthwhile than the current underutilized system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I really needed Emote Analytics, thank you. It is AMAZING.

I suggest you to add a filter that allows to separate emotes based on the different Tiers, Bits and Followers.
    At the moment users who have the possibility to use Tier 3 emotes and Bits emotes are a lower percentage than the whole community, so the lower use of those emotes is due to the fact that there are less users who can use them, not that they are worse than the others, that's why my idea is to add filters, so I can understand easly which are the best…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Follower Emotes are some of the most used emotes in the channel and are sort of a bonding glue, and it's a major emotional disconnect to not be able to whisper these emotes in messages to fans.

Streamers should be able to use their own Follower Emotes. Beyond that, allowing followers or subscribers to whisper the streamer back using those same emotes would be amazing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There needs to be a possibility to search sub emotes by emote code. Previously twitchemotes.com offered that functionality but that got removed.

Being able to search for sub emotes by their code (for example when you need a new "Frustrated"-emote because this feature not existing frustrates you) helps viewers find emotes they like and can help especially smaller streamers who might stay undiscovered otherwise to get brand new subscribers.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Followers already have an ability to use emotes by using channel points in channels they actively engage in. This feature I feel would clutter an already hard to navigate emote viewer. It also makes it so people would just follow for an emote and not engage with the streamer or their content. I feel the channel point redemption for using emotes is good enough for this as it encourages viewer engagement with the channel in order to use them.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Where I see Follower emotes working best is by giving your followers access to 5 of your existing sub emotes, and if they want the remainder, they would need to subscribe. It would allow them to get a taste of your library and still feel like a part of the community. However, the way it's set up now makes that complicated.

THE ISSUE: If you decide to make some of your existing sub emotes available to followers with the current system, you have two options: either you have to make a second version of the same emotes, or you have…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Follower emotes to be used for raids for a limited time so users can be apart of the raid message without using budget global emotes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Describe more clearly that for example the Emote Chat and other modes are timely restricted functions for moderation and nobody should use it to abuse its viewers. It's not helpful for anyone to use a follower-only chat to grow a channel or use emote-only chat to be a lazy mod, channel owner, or have no mod in the chat at all.
    The best way would be to communicate more clearly what the functionality of those modes is for OR restrict the general use to 600 seconds.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The addition of the Emote Library that is coming soon is a fantastic addition, this is great for solving the issue of disparity between partners and affiliates on emote variety, without undermining the parner program and is a fantastic compromise.

I would like to suggest the addition to the Twitch API to allow for enabling and disabling of active emotes from the Emote library via a privlaged API call from a token with sufficient privlages through oAUTH.

An example of the proposed usecase would be 4 API calls:
    -Activate Emote [Params: Emote ID, (Optional: Emote Slot)]
    -Deactivate Emote by ID…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would like to be able to send an (authorized) API request to rename one emote to another, for example swapping an "angel/halo" emote with a "devil/horns" emote, or mixing up (or unmixing) all emotes for a redemption so that anyone typing an emote gets something random. Would be a fun way to interact with chat but there is no way to do it without manually deleting/reuploading the emotes in question, or renaming them to temporary names, swapping, etc... all by hand. Not very spontaneous/fun/interactive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I know this might be a bit farfetched, but in my short time on Twitch I've noticed that emotes can become a HUGE part of a channel's branding.

If someone is just starting out but really serious about creating a solid brand, they should at least be allowed 2-3 emotes without having to reach affiliate or partner first.

Every streamer has to invest time or money into their own emotes anyway (cause Twitch staff sure ain't paying for our emotes to be designed) so why not?

Figure out a way to streamline the approval process and there you go.

Something…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be useful if the following values could be added to each emote:

• Channel Name (e.g. "owner name") - Obviously the name can be retrieved from the "owner id" by doing another API request, but it would be nicer to require fewer API requests
    • Tier - The "Get Channel Emotes" endpoint already contains a "tier" value, it would be nice if this one would also have it

Additionally, not all emote sets appear to be supported by the endpoint. For example the following emote sets (from the "emote-sets" tag and also valid emote sets in the v5 "Get User…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?