Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. Each stream team can have 5 emotes and each one is unlocked by being a sub to a member of the team. Each new sub to a team member unlocks another emote. Collect all 5 and you unlock a 6th.

For example, if a creator joins a team that has a nice (animated?) raid emote, they can then move their raid emote out of a more prominent spot.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think it would be a really nice perk if all Partners got 1 slot which would be globally available to all twitch users.

To keep the emote list from getting bloated by so many new emotes, perhaps the list would only show global emotes from partners which you follow, or perhaps they are only available to followers, but are usable globally.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Not sure I am putting this in the proper place, but figured I would give it a shot. In Dec. 2021 an emote I had been using since 2018 was suddenly determined to be obscene. It was a baby **** emoji ( I will include a link to it), nothing obscene at all. Anyway, now I can not upload Follower Emoted until December 2023 because my instant uploads were denied because of the supposedly obscene emote. I was told there is no appeals process or manual review or anything of that nature. 1. Two years is a very long punishment…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be cool if you could set a specific amount of time you have to have been followed in order to receive the follower emotes.

Similar to i.e. 10 minute followers only chat, the streamer could be given the option to set a time frame for how long someone has to have been followed to get the emotes! Even better so if you can decide it emote specifically

I think that could incentivize coming back to the channel and adds another reward to community members based on their time in the if the streamer so choses.

If the streamer…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option for emote only for non subs/followers so emote only can still have non-VIP and moderators talk. Maybe also do it so if someone has subbed for a longer amount of time, the streamer/mods can let them talk in chat still.
    For example, 2 streamers face each other and chat could report information to the other stream chats. The streamer could then threaten that "You'll be banned if you spoil anything", which then a sub has more to lose meaning they would be less likely to spoil anything. This would also still allow non-subs and followers to interact in chat…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. REINSTATE instant upload and follower emotes after suspension. 60 days of reformed streaming and no intention to have a violation again should be enough to gain instant upload back. The requirements are clear but you contradict them saying if you have a suspension you lose all privileges? This is a slap in the face to those who are false reported. It’s a slap to anyone who has an emote wrongly removed.

After 60 days of no infractions affiliates should be allowed to instant upload and have follower emotes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I’m kind of surprised following the recent rollout of the emote library that there is no way to rename an emote once it’s been uploaded.

Surely a large part of the point of this being implemented was so if someone had festive versions of their emotes for example, they could be uploaded (and where necessary approved) in advance and swapped with the normal version temporarily. As it stands the emote library just provides a quick way to move emotes between sub tiers or follower / bit emote slots

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Recently, I reached out to Twitch support regarding Follower emotes as I did not have access to them following an infraction from March. As it had been well over the 60 day period and I still did not have access, I decided I would ask support what was going on with it. After a couple days I received a response basically restating the guidelines for Follower emotes.

However, in addition to this response, I noticed that 2 of my emotes which had been approved already had been removed, one for "sexual content" and the other for "political imagery." I was…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you see "Follower Emote uploads are currently disabled on your account", it should say why. It is a worrisome message and it says to learn why, click here, but if it's as simple as "you've only streamed 59/60 times" or something, it would be great if it just said the reason.

Currently it says "Find out how to regain access" as if I were being punished but I don't believe I've ever had access to them before. I don't remember seeing this scary warning situation in the past, so either something went wrong for me or the page has…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. the follower emotes are not showing on the Twitch mobile app

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My idea is simply to have follower emotes able to be used on mobile devices no matter the carrier with text messages. Be it iOS, Android, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Moderators really need the features to do predictions/polls, approve/deny comments caught by automod, rewind the stream to clip easier & to be able to click on a user and see their message history & # of gifted subs, etc. PLEASE PLEASE! it's hard to mod correctly on mobile. The addition of the emote/sub/follower only mode was a HUGE HELP though. Ya'll are on the right track!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let creators have an option to make certain emote/emotes available if viewer owns one of the creators NFT's.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Follower Emotes upon Follow would mean you will get 500 emotes for following 100 channels. That's quite a lot of emotes.

It would be less overwhelming to create a small requirement that would unlock permanent Follower Emotes for free (using Channels points or after watching the stream for x amount of time for instance). Though this wouldn't be "Follower Emote" but more like "Loyalty Emote" at that point.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For convenience i think you should be able to edit your emote from the library rather than having to delete it and reupload it

Some examples include
    • Changing the name of the emote
    • Changing the emote but not the name (maybe you recommissioned it or redrew it)
    • Changing the portrait of an animated emote
    • Changing the "easy animate" of an animated emote

Depending on the change the emote could go to revision if instant upload has not been unlocked, this deletes the process of having to delete an emote for a minor edit

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Morning all

I've been given access to the follower emotes which is great and now have some snazzy emotes setup for it but there are two things i feel would make this better.

The first is allowing the Streamer to use their own follower emote on anyone's channel in the same way you can with bit emote or sub emotes. for the streamer there should be no restriction.

Secondly i think there should be a Raid specific emote slot which allows both followers and subs to use when you raid someone else's channel.

I completely understand locking follower emotes to…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Slots for streamer specific emotes that only streamers and mods can use.
    For example:
    Tier 1 Emotes
    Tier 2 Emotes
    Tier 3 Emotes
    Bits Emotes
    Streamer Emotes

These emotes can ONLY be used by streamers/mods and be used to do commands like !hype that can auto generate the emotes in chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The small pop-up picker for modified emotes renders underneath the main emote picker boundary, causing it to be cut off on certain emotes on the far left or right sides of the picker. Depending on which emote I'm looking at, I will either see all, some, or one of the available modified versions. This makes a fair number of these emotes unusable as I have no way of selecting them.

https://i.imgur.com/RpfGF3r.png is an example (from channel The_Betus). The picker for the first emote cuts off two modified versions, the second cuts off one version, and the last shows all 4…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have so many emotes from streamers that I currently follow and no longer follow due to bit unlock emotes. It would be nice to only see the emotes I care to see. Recently used doesn't really help because it keeps emotes there that I don't want to use anymore.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When viewers cheer, they use cheermotes and commonly emotes in their cheer messages. Unfortunately, the payload received from EventSub's channel.cheer callbacks only have the raw text as entered by the user, with no indiciation of which portions of that text are cheermotes nor emotes. Thus, I propose the following update to the callback payload, similar to the channel.subscription.message event, that passes along the data for both so that a consumer of EventSub can reconstruct the message:

{
        "subscription": {
        },
        "event": {
            "message": {
                "text": "Rah Rah Cheer! cheerwhal1 Cheer100 notACheer101 finite6ThrowBall",
                "cheermotes": [
                    {
                        "begin": 16,
                        "end":
    31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  2 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here