Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. Change the way emotes are named, so that they are generic.
    For example.
    StreamernameSlot1
    StreamerNameSlot2

this will make it so emotes can be changed with no need to update commands if a different emote is used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Several channels use third‑party libraries to expand the emotes available. These emotes can be used for free by anyone installing these libraries, and these emotes acts like the viewers are subscribed. These streamers encourage their viewers to install these libraries.

Issues arise where it creates a divide between viewers who have and viewers who don't have these libraries, and having viewers rely on third‑party extensions for their Twitch‑viewing. Some of these libraries are also fighting and creating a worse experience when multiple libraries are combined. Viewers can also install a third‑party Twitch‑app on their phone to see and use these…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give users the option to remove emotes from their list. There will be some that people won't want eg. bit emotes of a streamer they had bad experiences with, or the Hype train emotes pushing channel emotes with Hype in their name way down the list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. please add, or make follower only emotes on twitchdev twitch channel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bit badges go from 1 cent, to a dollar, to 10 dollars, to 50, to 100. Shouldnt there be a 5 dollar bit badge? and maybe a 25? the badges are insanely steep. I'm an affiliate and I can set literally 28 badges, and yet it costs $10 worth of bits to get the third one. I can set 28 badges and yet people wont see any past the first two. As an affiliate, does twitch ever realistically expect someone to donate 5,000,000 bits? Nobody donates bits past the 100 mark to get the second badge. Theres just no bridge…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create the functionality to allow streamers to choose individual subscriber or bits emotes that they would like to DISABLE from global use.

Currently, Follower emotes are restricted to a streamer's channel... It would be great to see streamers be able to exclude certain emotes from global use, particularly for emotes that aren't inherently harmful but just not likely to be understood outside of the community. Something that works in my community might not work in someone else's - this would, in effect, reduce harm or the necessity to remove emotes that are seen as 'bullying' if they are isolated to…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new beta test of Follower Emotes is great - and look forward to seeing it widely implemented across the platform.

I think a great idea to help with the community aspect of emotes would be to designate ONE of those follow emotes as a 'raid emote'. Something that all followers could use when you raid a channel.

I recognize that the likely implementation would mean that one of the five follower emotes would then be usable across the platform... And that likely goes against the core concept of the follower emote test - but still worth considering!

300 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have follower emotes in my emote menu from streamers that I no longer follow for one reason or another. There is one I have even blocked and their emotes are still in my menu. Being able to remove/hide categories of emotes/certain streamer sections would be a huge quality of life improvement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dear Twitch,
    I'm writing this message to give a suggestion regarding Affiliates being able to regain instant uploader eligibility after losing it from an emote being denied.
    Wanting to create Follower Emotes, I discovered that this feature was disabled for me because a while back, I had an emote design denied because it included a cross icon over a blue button (made to look like a video game controller). Unfortunately, it was interpreted as the letter X, which broke the Rules and Guidelines for emote designs ("emotes containing a single letter in the graphic").
    To regain instant uploader eligibility, I've…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The idea is to allow Streamers to award a single tier 1 Subscription per month for Free with no monetary cost or pay out for the streamer.

This would allow followers to make use of the chat emotes, stop pre-roll adds and even allow them to use sub only chat for one month.

After the month is up, the recipient may be more inclined to pay out for a sub in order to keep the Emotes and to stop Adds.

Streamers could use these Free subs as Prizes after hitting a new goal or rewards to returning viewers or just…

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tell Streamers raiding out if the chat/steamer they are raiding into are in follower/sub/emote only mode. I raided a person tonight who I was already following, so at no point did it tell me they we're in this mode. I even checked out their stream live before raiding and no clue they we're in follower only mode.
    Please can streamers have something that pops up and says you are raiding a follower only chat - are you happy to continue" then is our choice to select yes or know and pre-warn our community!

Raiding to follower only abseloutly killed my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Instead of having to scroll past five other followed accounts emotes, the emotes for your channel would always appear first (at the top of the list) So if you want to use the emotes you’re proud to own, use them with ease!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch has so many great emotes. Maybe consider adding a poppy emote that we can use on Memorial Day and Armistice Day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have created emotes for my followers - many have been approved - but all of the animated emotes and two of the standard emotes have not been approved for over a month. They are appropriate and just need someone to click an approval button. I am excited to share my work. Please approve them sooner. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a lot of emotes on my channel and everytime I want to write a message, I struggle to find the one I want to use. They switch places all the time.
    We need them to have a static order.

I think it should be:
    1) Follower emotes
    2) T1 emotes
    3) T2 emotes
    4) T3 emotes
    5) T1 animated emotes
    6) Bits emotes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be cool if multiple streamers could come together and create emotes that are unlockable by subscribing to both streamers.

For example, I follow two streamers, one has skulls/undead stuff as his emotes, another has squirrel related stuff. They stream the same game, are members of the same community. So, it would be cool if they could have multi-streamer emotes, such as undead squirrels that are unlocked by subscribing to both.

I think this would have multiple benefits, such as cross-streamer community building and incentivize more subscribing site-wide.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I love the idea of follower emotes! I think it's great way to thank people for supporting the channel and dropping a follow! Personally though I think it would be great if they could be used in all twitch channels though instead of just my own twitch chat. I have raid emotes/heart emotes which I use when raiding and it would be nice if all my followers could have access to these emotes and use these during a raid so they can all use them instead of it feeling as more of a sub only emote. Aside from that great…

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently, Follower emotes are only unlocked by 60 unique days of streaming within a 2-year period within the same Affiliation period. Using myself as an example, following the inaction on hate raids last year, I unaffiliated for a month or two as it was the only way I felt like I could get Support’s attention to the issue. Several streamers I know did the same in that period of time. I’ve since reaffiliated to give my regulars as many perks as I can for being in chat and subbing, which brought this Follower emote issue to my attention.

Regardless of…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Instead of the current way that partners have maximum of 3 lifetime subs they can give to viewers and 2 to bots, I'd like to see this updated to something like you can give free sub for one year to 3 viewers (or more for partners and maybe 1 for affiliates).
    This would be a good update because life happens and maybe one of your lifetime subs dies or otherwise stops coming to your streams, like if you give your girl/boyfriend a free sub and then few years later you break up you could then give the free sub to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. With the new follower emotes, there is now a reason to aim for instant upload eligibility quickly. Or at least the need to prepare for it (e.g. by hiring artists).

However, nowhere on the dashboard does it say how many of the necessary 60 days one has streamed already, which leaves streamers to guesswork or long-winded calculation.

I assume you have such a stat on the program backend to verify the eligibility yourself, so would you mind making it visible to us creators?

Unofficial websites can't differentiate between days streamed as an Affiliate and those before.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?