Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. Emotes are a key part of twitch, to the point that you can often convey more with just a certain emote than with a message.

Many people would love to see emotes displayed in the maximum size in chat.
    I'm guessing there are probably some limitations in in-line emote display tied to text pixels or something (either for practical reasons or esthetic reasons)...
    ...but some platforms have a solution for this, and I'm hoping it can be implemented on twitch.

In Discord, in-line emotes are displayed small, similar to Twitch, however, when ONLY emotes are used, they are displayed at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice to know approximately how long we will have to wait for some of these new features to rollout for affiliates. With the follower emotes I waited months (checking my emotes section daily) to see when they would unlock as I already had emotes waiting. Now I find the same thing happening for animated emotes. I rushed some animated emotes hoping I would have them immediately and I am now in the same cycle checking daily as I have no way of knowing when my channel will actually get the slots.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Because follower emotes can only be used in the channel which they are unlocked, it would make sense to let follower emotes be shaped like individual letters, since those emotes aren't able to be used elsewhere to circumvent chat rules.

Personally, I have wanted to have Tetris-related emotes for some time, but because the pieces are letter-shaped (LJSZTOI), I cannot reflect this significant part of my channel. I understand why these emotes can be harmful on other channels, but when they are restricted to just my own, I should be allowed to take the risk that people will be less-than-wholesome…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When a user connects to IRC, the USERSTATE command gives a emote-sets list, this does not contain unlocked bit emotes and I'm guessing it also doesn't include follower emotes and animated emotes. This should be fixed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Follower emotes are a great idea, however, currently they hold no real value. A lot of streamers use BTTV/FFZ and have 50 or more emotes for anyone to use in their own chat.
    However, rewarding followers that actually come back to your stream a lot would be great! Perhaps it would be possible to give people access to follower emotes in other channels if they spend at least X amount of hrs or X% of a streamer's typical streamtime in their stream (per week or month or whatever).

It rewards coming back, but doesn't take away too much fire away…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Emote Slot For Only Founders

The founder badge is great for when a subscriber is currently subbed but giving them one permanent emote slot as a perk would be great. Recently Twitch has added follower emotes, and animated emotes for affliates. I think this would make a great addition to the recent emote accessibility expansions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Recently, a streamer I moderate got spam botted, we did our best to disable chat to prevent it any further (Enabling emote only, follow only at the max time, and slow mode at the max time) but still couldn't stop them. I think it would be really good for twitch to add a "Disable chat" option for mods and streamers alike.

Edit: Fixed some grammar/spelling errors to make it easier to understand

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The v5 GetUserEmotes does not include bit emotes, follower emotes or animated emotes. This should be updated. Or a new endpoint should be added to Helix to get this information.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow the modified emotes (redeemed with points OR with tiered subs) usable on emote only chat...
    Because modifier emotes are emotes.. right ?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add follower emote to the list of emotes returned in the emote API

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I had problem with the follower emotes not showing for me in the menu but after some time i got the info that they don't show if the BTTV or FFZ emote menu are active, atleast the FFZ seem to be the one most hindering this. the one feature that I use FFZ for is that you favorite emotes you have access to, and would you lose access to them and then get them back, they are still flagged as favorite.
    This has been very helpful for me since sometime the emote I want to use is not under "Recent"…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Handynutzern ist es nur sehr erschwert möglich die Followemotes zu nutzen, da diese selbst beim Namen getippt werden müssen und für den Nitzer selbst auch im Chat nicht sichtbar sind

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch

Please remove ANELE emote. It's getting really offensive and annoying the way people are using it these days. As a Muslim guy, I'm really offended by this emote and the way it's being used in chats

Please remove it from Twitch

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Give streamers the ability to unlock additional channel emote slots for having an account in good standing for something like 90 days.

Incentives do wonders for changing habits and creating new routines.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The streamer you are currently viewing has their emotes pinned to the top of the chat window for easy access, followed by all your other subscribed emotes under that (in some ordering that I can't figure out).

After a raid you want to show love for the channel you just raided FROM but you have to scroll through your list of emotes to find that recently raided from streamer. Please pin CURRENT streamer emotes to top of list followed by LAST VISITED channel and then whatever weird order you are using. This will make it easy to show your support…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Follow your own TOS re; brand theft. Rename the GlitchCat global emote and issue an apology.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. With all the events going on like Pride Emotes and now HyperScape Emotes it would be nice to trade emotes with each other? would be cool if this was allowed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow users to organize “Top Emotes”.

The frequent emote list is very inconsistent between different devices and this can be frustrating when you need to use your favorite emotes in the moment to communicate.

A fix to this would be to give users two rows at the top of the emote list that is customizable where they can lock in their favorite 10-14 emotes. This would carry over across different devices.

If a locked in emote cannot be used because a sub has ended it will work the same way as usual and display a 🔒 symbol next to it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. like ffz and bttv but built into twitch, community emotes would be uploaded by any user to the public emote library which streamers can select up to 50 emotes for their community to use without needing to be a sub or use channel points. The library can be used for the twitch premium personal emotes as well https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310237-ads/suggestions/41392177-twitch-premium

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. hello, From being with twitch for 3-4 years i start to think maybe for twitch turbo and non twitch turbo we should have this emote XD as well with those other emote of the smiles and etc. Reason is most phones has that emote and other devices so why not have Twitch account Turbo and non Turbo have that emote too. i hope i am not alone with this idea and not alone who is thinking this too. B) B)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?