Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Bits

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Bits

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

70 results found

1. I've just noticed that there's now a bits counter next to the channel points counter, under chat. Could this possibly be toggled on/off in settings? I much prefer just the channel points to be there, as I do not use bits, so now I just have a useless counter next to my channel points.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Power-Ups currently do not work consistently across most platforms

Smart TV Apps (e.g. LG TVs) don't show Power-Ups in any way. The emote and message ones result in these not even showing up in the chat feed, let alone showing the highlight/giant effect.

The Android app (unsure about iOS) currently does not work fully. Emotes and messages show up when other viewers use them, but without their paid effects. The Celebration feature does not work at all.

I'm unsure about support on console apps, casting devices, etc.

The most immediate concern is for mobile support, considering the large amount of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I know it makes you money, but we already have so little control over what goes on with our channel. This is an absolute slap in the face.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When bits are used for the chat power ups. allow the streamer to have alerts set up for the power ups so they know that they got bits with the purchase o fthe chat power up!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would love it if bits had more use, and I think a good way to do this would be to enable bits to skip ads so that you have the option for your raiders to not be hit with an ad the second they enter a stream. While subscribing to your favorite streamers is good, I feel like this would enable some more micro-transactions and frequent twitch users would have a small reserve of bits (better than none at all, which is more common) for those instances.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be really cool if you could have a treasure box system using the bits the streamer buys.

This system would have a global space where any viewer could find their treasure box raffle.

Example:
    Streamer puts 100 bits and in order for other users to participate and earn these bits they need to do missions.

Among them could be:

Follow the channel;

Watch for 60 minutes;

Watch 1 ad;

Share the channel.

This tool exists on the trovo live platform, and even if they are competitors, good ideas should be shared.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please. I feel its a simple request. In @JustinTheRealSchiele stream we love raccoons, and raccoons are loved as a meme. They are simply lovable and popular little creatures. So this is a petition to have them as bits so we can drop raccoon bits. Please. I think it would be great for the entire community.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Many users like to work towards a badge goal when gifting subs and bits. Total subs gifted in a channel is already tracked each time someone gifts a sub, which allows the user to understand how close they are to the next sub badge (i.e. "PersonA has gifted a sub to PersonB. PersonA has gifted a total of 975 subs in the channel" -> now they know if they gift 25 more subs, they will get the 1K subs badge). I'm proposing something similar for bits, either publicly or locally so that the user can see their total bits contributed…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a feature to hide bits count from the leaderboard, something like the feature of "Hide Progressive Gifter Badge and Gifts Given Count"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow viewers to use BITS (cheer) currency to buy micro ad-free viewing blocks for channels.

0.10 Bits for 1 Hour
    0.20 Bits for 2 Hours
    0.25 Bits for 5 Hours

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Perhaps /bits or /bitcount. Might contribute to the idea of working towards the next badge tier for a favorite streamer

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Not every streamer wants emotes flying around their screen or sounds going off or any bells and whistles or whatever new shiny thing you all come up with. Some of us like our quiet, simple streams and get plenty of engagement without giving buttons for viewers to push constantly and annoy us with. I find 2 of the 3 new Power Ups to be incredibly distracting for the vibe of my stream and I do not want them. You can get plenty of "consistent viewer experience" without forcing new features on streamers that would never use those features.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There needs to be some better, visible heads up that the Power-Ups won't work if you're using extensions like FFZ, which many viewers use to enhance their experience with Twitch. I tried out a power-up but nothing happened for me and when I report it you're saying it's the extension's fault and won't offer a refund. What you taught me is not to spend any more bits on your features. I would have held back on a browser if I knew and instead I lost faith in you when you couldn't even give back a few bits to try again…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Some Streamers don't like the idea that gigantify emotes is a bits only thing. It's a very cool feature yes, but the streamer should have the option to make it cost bits OR channel points at will.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add voice typing in the chat, this would make it easier to interact from certain devices, smart tv, smartphone, and why not to not use the keyboard on pc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I was watching a stream just now where a user redeemed a poweruo to have the border around the message and the bright colors of the border has me on full tilt. I suggest replacing the borders with something similar that uses duller colors such as grey or brown.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bits & Channel Points Predictions

Viewers can use their Bits and Channel Points to make predictions simultaneously.

Viewers who guess correctly will win a proportional share of the Channel Points pool. Additionally, if the streamer completes the challenge, they will receive Bits.

Of course, there are always multiple prediction options. Therefore, it would be more engaging if the Bits values for each option were not equal.

I do not support gambling. My proposal aligns with mission-based games, quests, bounty hunts, and similar activities.

I hope someone understands! Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With twitch adding in multiple buttons such as Cheer and Bits, It would be good to reduce UI clutter and have an option to hide/disable them if you don't use bits. Previously bits would auto hide if you had 0 however the latest update has changed this.

Sidenote If possible please add an option to hide the warning icon as well for mods as it's just more clutter when not used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Twitch it would be great if all the bit badge cheer emotes u unlock in channels can be put in a category like hype train emotes that way there in a spot for people who have multiple bit badge cheer emotes in channels and is more organized.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How about not only being paid out from all your income, but also having the decision whether to have it transferred to an account (Bank Paypal or similar) or to use it as credit or as bits (1:1 payout amount to bits) or one Have part paid out and use the other part as credit or bits

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?