Simplify the process of managing Subscriptions
The current management for your active subscriptions is fractured and not easy to manage. This should be improved by merging Mobile Subs & Desktop Subs into one easy to manage interface.
- Let supporters cancel, renew, upgrade or downgrade their active subscriptions from the same interface whether they are on desktop or the mobile app no matter which source the subscription was originally created.
- Allow supporters to change their payment methods for each subscription individually without needing to first cancel the subscription and for the same token above, by not forcing them to manage subscriptions from two different locations.
- Offer the option of synchronizing Subscription expiration dates by prorating subscription fees. This makes it so that supporters can know when their monthly sub renewal payments are going to occur and how much those payments are.
- Give supporters statistics on how much they have given in paid subscriptions over a period of time of 1 month up to 12 months (maybe even 2 years).
- Let supporters filter those statistics to see how much they have contributed to each streamer they subscribed to within the reporting period provided.
I'd be very much in favour of this, the fact that there are "mobile subs" and "desktop subs" seems insane to me. I suspect that this is a problem with mobile platforms, specifically Apple's constraints on in-app purchases, but I don't know exactly what the problem would be.
That aside, being able to sync your subscriptions with a one-off prorated subscription fee would be an extremely helpful feature. It's not glamorous but it's a great quality-of-life feature. I know this would mess with how your N-month sub anniversaries would be reported on-stream, but I'm sure it could be implemented.
Maybe you add a second database field to track sub-date and payment-date separately. Or maybe the sub-date just gets slid forwards (ie. adjusted to a later date) to the desired payment date, and the viewer just loses recognition for the partial month that's now missing.
Add a way to make it so after you sub for Tier 3, if you want to downgrade your sub, you can downgrade to Tier 1 (or Tier 2), so when your Tier 3 benefits end, you can autorenew and downgrade your subscription to Tier 1 (or Tier 2)