Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

49 results found

1. The blog posts states that “the price of a Tier 1 subscription on the web is roughly the equivalent of $4.99 USD in every country”. In New Zealand it costs $9.99nz for a tier 1 sub which is over $7us. This also needs to be addressed before assessing new sub costs based on cost of living in New Zealand. I currently use bits more to support streamers but these are probably also overpriced for New Zealand.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This is another kick in the teeth for smaller creators like me, this is geared to help the large creators/partners yet again.

It's time to review the cut you take from us,many stream sites give far better cuts but us affiliates here are getting a worse and worse deal from this

taking 50% from us and now reducing sub costs will have a huge impact on what we do, please review this asap

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This will mess up US based providers, as their peers in lower cost of living areas will be able to 'charge less' for the same services... It's the problem with globalization overall. Providers in lower cost of living countries will, as a matter of course for being in lower cost of living countries, be able to undercut those providers in higher cost of living countries. Thanks for adding to the anti-globalization wave... the more the little guy get's screwed to make the big 1% more money (aka Amazon Stockholders) the worse the whole world will be....

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Amazon/Twitch keeps a fixed percentage of total income.

Prime subs stays the same.
    So doesn't matter if the custom subscription costs 4$ or 100$, is like a fixed price, making the prime an even better option.

If the viewer wants to subscribe for 3,6 months or 1 year, he'll pay the current sub price multiplied by the ammount of months, allowing streamers to make sub promotions by their own.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To whom it may concern,

I have read your blog post and help article about the new local subscription pricing model you will be launching soon. I fully understand and support the idea of making subscriptions more reachable for everybody.

Still, I would like you to rethink parts of what you have announced because I think it is to some extent fundamentally unfair.

I live in Switzerland where prices are notoriously high so I understand that I will have to pay more than somebody from a country with way lower cost of living/price level. This is totally fine. But I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Firstly I'd like to praise Twitch in listening to my previous idea regarding 'Local Sub Pricing' https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310231-subscriptions/suggestions/42603280-fair-payments-and-payouts

However there is one element of this that still seems unfair. In almost every aspect/part of the world there is generally an 'adult price' and a 'kids price' so for Twitch I also feel that if an account is verified as that of a person under the age of 18 (maybe you'll need to verify ID or something so this system would not be abused) they should certainly be paying no more than half-price for their subscriptions and gifted subscriptions.

Using the US…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. $4.99 for a subscription and 50/50 payout is what content creators sign up for.

What they get in reality:

If based in Europe, pay 5 Euros ($6 per sub)
    If based in UK, pay £5 (a whopping $8 per sub!)

Do content creators receive 50% of these extra payments, no, they receive the appropriate % of $5

Is it fair for people based in Europe, UK, Canada, Aus, etc. to pay MORE for subs than the US and yet as a streamer receive significantly less than the 50% they are promised in the affiliate/partner agreeement? Of course not...

PLEASE FIX…

361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice if people earned in their local currency and not in dollars.

I.e earnings in dashboard are converted to the market rate on that day from dollars to local currency.
    Wouldn't be hard to do as many other sites do a similar thing.

Then we could get paid in our local currency saving us money as we currently get a really bad deal with fees and currency conversion fees.

At payout, people outside the USA get hit ******* currency conversions!
    We have to pay higher fees to withdraw our earnings plus fees to convert to our local…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The fees for converting to USD can be very high for some credit/debit cards. As the fee is done per transaction it can get very expensive if you doing multiple transactions. Sometimes the charge at the bank is more than what the acutal value of the product is.

Some people may not be aware of this as the charge is generaly done at the bank and not shown in the total on the site.

For example one bank in the UK is charging 2% with a minimum of 1.75 GBP to maximum 5.00 GBP per transaction.

If you buy 100…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?