Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

49 results found

1. Some streamers in Russia and Eastern Europe don't believe that ~$2 Tier1 subs instead of $5 is a good idea (especially after some time and subathons). They think of leaving this service.

Twitch could allow streamers to choose which tier(s) of Subscribers can use chat (Subchat, Tier2+3-Subchat, Tier3-Subchat). Also it would be great if Twitch could allow to make more smiles exclusive to Tier-2+3 or Tier-3.

These features could help streamers to have less $2 subs if they don't want to have them. And have more $3,5 or $9 subs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think we all agree its unfair and frustrating that sub prices changes all over the world and its still the same for us in Kuwait :) Its really bothering that i need to pay double the price as all the countries around me just because im from kuwait ?! like its really bothering and frustrating !! its the exact double ! I have to pay 5$ while others in Saudi Arabia or Iraq pay 2.49$ ?
    its the main role for us as viewers/supporters for the gaming community to support streamers by gifting subs or subscriping and those changes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We need info on the price brackets of our subs! I have no idea what my viewers are paying for my content... As we have 1,2,3 tier subs information described, it only makes sense we know how many subs are paying 1,2,3,4... dollars as well. As an international streamer i have no idea what people are paying for my content and this is affecting my income and my mental health significantly. I have streams that i think went well just to go to my dashboard and be confused by the income stats. What influenced that result? Was it me? My…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The minimal time livestreaming to be eligible for the Adjustment Incentive Payments is too high, it' doesn't take into consideration personal factors, for example: This month I got sick and could not complete mine, so I just don't get paid in the month that it is most needed? I think the system is too harsh. I have a lot of friends who gave up either because of this extreme hours or for not being eligible to receive the incentive in the first place, some others started letting their pc's livestreaming with no content just to fill the hours needed to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Another update that makes Small Streamers lives a lot harder and makes it much better for bigger streamers. I get it that it is unfair for some countries to pay more for subs.

Isn't it unfair that small streamers earn less though?

Twitch says they are 'trying' to make the streamers earn more money with more subs but small streamers rarely get subs and I don't think its because of the price. It is because they don't have enough viewers or some just don't want to waste their money on subbing. I earn 0.33$ per Twitch Prime and $0.96 for…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Para esse pessoal que esta reclamando do valor do sub, deixa o valor minimo de sub por 7,90 e deixem os streamers escolher se aumenta o valor do sub no canal dele, ok, Cada um coloca o valor que quiser de sub a partir do valor minimo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I believe that all countries should have their subscription fees standardized. Any country that pays more than U.S users should have their fees reduced to match the same price of U.S users and any countries that pay less than U.S users should have their fees increased to match U.S users; that way it's fair for all users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. To whom it may concern,
    Dear Twitch,

There is something I MUST understand regarding these new sub prices, otherwise it will drive me insane.

In your official blog https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2021/08/05/local-sub-pricing-expands-worldwide/, under the 'Introducing Local Subscription Pricing' headline, you state, I quote "Over the next few months, we’ll be adjusting the price of subscriptions (existing subs, new paid subs, and gift subs) in most countries to better align with their local cost of living."

I live in Estonia, within 15 minute walk from Russia (literally; it's a frontier town). New sub prices for Russia, tier ascending, are €1.5, €3, and €7.5.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Now, this is right after regional prices for Europe came out. Most countries are now set to 3.99 EUR, despite countries in Eastern Europe (especially countries in the Balkans), having 3-6 times less income than nations in western Europe.

Just for a bit of comparison (data is from google)

Bulgaria - Average monthly wage = 595€
    Serbia - Average monthly wage = 562€
    Romania - Average monthly wage = 743€

France - Average monthly wage = 2,225€
    Belgium - Average monthly wage = 2,262€
    The Netherlands - Average monthly wage = 2,240€

I understand it may feel ****** to people…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In my opinion, lower subscription pricing is completely counterproductive in "richer" countries. A discount of 20% will not make the sub magically more affordable and will only result in a 20% loss of revenue for the streamer. Even more so for small streamers.

Please reconsider changing to a really lower price or reverting back to the full price.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Como o valor dos subs diminuiu no Brasil, a meta para retirada do dinheiro também tem que diminuir. Se continuar com 100 dólares, vai ser preciso 200 subs para atingir a meta. Para streamers iniciantes isso é quase impossível e tentar fazer da twitch uma renda extra ou até mesmo a principal renda não vai ser viável. Tem que passar para 100 reais. Já que querem ajustar os valores para ficar de acordo com o país, que isso também se ajuste.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. De 1,75 dólares foi para 0,51 centavos de dólar, isso da 2,60 reais atualmente, já era meio complicado achar alguem que dava o sub com prime, imagina sub normal, os mais beneficiados (se não únicos) serão streamers grandes, que já eram acostumados a ganharem sub normal e com prime, muito complicado alguem chegar em um streamer pequeno e decidir dar um sub normal, mesmo com esses novos valores. O salto do preço do prime foi RÍDICULO, e não alteraram o valor para saque, continua 100 dólares, a plataforma já não era famosa por ajudar os menores streamers e agora ficou…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. O novo preço da inscrição vai falir muitos streamers, já que eles precisam de 3 vezes mais de inscritos para ganhar o mesmo que antes, sendo que alguns nem tem esse número de expectadores. Eu gostaria que o preço aumentasse novamente, a twitch só está fazendo com que streamers e viewers saiam da plataforma desse jeito.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Türkiye için düzenlenen ve uygulanmaya başlanan yeni fiyatlandırma sisteminin özellikle orta-küçük yayıncılar için yayıncılığı sürdürülebilir bir iş haline getirmeyi imkansız hale getirdiğini düşünüyorum.
    Yeni abonelik ücretleriyle beraber abone sayılarında meydana gelen artış, vergiler, platform payı düşüldüğünde, yayıncıya ekstra bir gelir olarak yansımıyor ve bunun yanında önceden elde ettiğimiz geliri yakalamak da mümkün değil. Fiyatlarlı tekrar düzenlemeyi planlamıyor olsanız bile yayıncılara gelir elde edebilecekleri farklı alternatifler sunmanız (reklam, bounty, vs.) çok daha iyi olacaktır.

Kendi adıma, uzun vadede, mevcut şartlar altında mesai harcayıp yayınlarımı sürdürebileceğimi düşünmüyorum.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why not make a particular percentage of the sub amount go to streamer as you guys already have the data how many subs they have from which country

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. $7.99 is still too expensive for this market and im sure the stats will back it up. $4.99 is the only appropriate pricing for this market.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. While local sub prices only affects individuals and their own subscriptions, sub gifting and sub gifter badges lose their value once the prices shift based on the region of the person gifting lives. I'd be happy to be able to gift more subs for the same amount of money (which is the purpose of this local sub pricing shenanigan), but this will not be the case if you live in non-participating zones; so while lucky folks get to gift 15 subs for $100 I only can gift 7.

This is also a huge problem for sub gifter badges. If you're…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For american/canadian users the price of a sub is $4.99 tier 1, and an affiliate gets just under half of that amount. In the UK we pay minimum of £4.99 per tier 1, which evidentally means we are paying more than americans/canadians but after conversion rate we are receiving less than americans/canadians.

We pay more yet receive less and i think that is totally unfair for a tier 1 sub at $4.99 is roughly almost $7 yet we only get just over $2 for that sub, thats almost 70% profit from the EU you make as you pay us less....

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently, Canadians pay $6.99 per sub, which on average is 50 to 70 cents more than our American counterparts. In addition as of July 1, 2021, Canadians are forced to pay up to 13% in taxes on top of this inflated sub price. Local sub pricing for Canadians would help mitigate the additional taxes on our sub purchases, as well as likely increase the number of creators we can sub to.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?