Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

101 results found

1. I suggest limiting the number of consecutive gift subs a person can receive for a single channel to 2 or 3. I have seen users in chats receive gift subs month after month for the same channel that they never personally subscribed to and never contribute bits or pass along gift sub they have been gifted. When their gift sub runs out they start spamming the chat until they get another gift sub. They are always subbed to a channel I have supported with gift subs and bits and yet they enjoy the same perks I have paid good money…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Gift sub to only online users os chat users. Because Twitch have so many bots, we don't want to give subs to bot. A way to filter gift sub to accounts with registered email or/and cellphone number, like anti-spam chat filter, but for give gift subs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When selecting the "Gift 1 sub" button and making the purchase I expected it to ask me who to gift the sub to afterwards but it instantly gifted it to a random user without notice, rather than who I intended it for. I am sure others have done this as well.

I think it should prompt you for who to gift the sub to after making the purchase.

I see that there is a button to "gift a specific user", but the button is very small, dark and hard to see compared to other buttons on the page.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. quando alguem te der o subgift vc podera aceitar ou recusar

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give the option to the gifted person an option to deny a gifted sub. I could have been just browsing channels and left the stream because I might not be interested and I would not like to see a gifted sub a few days later like I have in some. For the person that gifted it, it can go into a gifted sub bank as the refund and he can give it to someone else.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Last week I got a gift sub for a channel I no longer follow, due to personal reasons. I haven't visited the channel since then, yet I still somehow received a gift sub. I know you can disable gift subs from channels you don't follow, however, if I wanted to leave that on, I feel there should be either another setting to disable unfollowed channels, or it should be automatic, as it has the potential to be quite awkward, to be frank, depending on the person's situation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sometimes I watch a stream to see what I think. A while later I can receive a gift sub. It seems like a waste if I get it when I have not even followed the channel. Better if someone more interested gets it.

Edit: I found the setting in the security section for this. Maybe it should be enabled by default?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I feel like being gifted a sub as a mod takes away from the community involvement. I would rather have someone in chat get the sub and not me. Make an option so the streamer can turn off gifted subs for moderators.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You receive the same message when you do a gift sub for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months. It could say for how many months too.

E.g.: Gift Subscription - Tier 1 for xxxxxxx

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Give gifter options to randomly gift viewers in chat first, viewers that have followed streamer longest, viewers that used to be subscribers and completely random.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to be notified when subscriptions that I gifted have expired. Bonus points for an option to gift a re-subscription in the same notification. Obviously this notification would have to be on/off depending on user preference (some gifters dont want to be reminded).
    God tier bonus would be a possibility to gift a subscription before it expires. It kind of connects with the "community gift", where chosen person is currently subscribed and his/her sub ends in X days.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have been in a lot of streams that had lovely people tossing out gifted subs with no end. Sadly, sometimes kinda random people get those subs since there is no good way of finding someone "deserving". Right now, you have to actively notice someone in chat yourself, or gift to random people. sadly, ive seen people start spamming, being rude or even being extremely racist after getting a sub.
    Thats why i would absolutely love a feature to find someone "deserving" of a sub. some ideas i had for that would be options to:

"Gift sub to longest follower" …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Partners/Affiliates should have the ability to gift subs to their viewers for half price, but Twitch would get full revenue. It's kind of redundant for a streamer to pay full price for a viewers sub when Twitch is the only one making a profit from it.

Example: I want to gift a Tier 2 subscription to viewer X as a giveaway. Instead of paying the full $9.99, I only pay the half Twitch takes ($4.99) and I take no revenue from it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please update the German article on how to give a prime sub. It is wrong and not accurate any more. It confused me and was of no help at all. I spend an hours searching for the little box to tick. Until the friendly amazon Live Chat support was able to help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twitch's process for purchasing 100 gift subs lacked any confirmation or opportunity to cancel. This led to an accidental $499 purchase by a young user, which Twitch is refusing to refund.

Purchases over a certain threshold (maybe $50?) should require additional confirmation steps to prevent accidental, irrevocable, unwanted purchases by minors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why you don't check if a user follow a streamer and check for activity of this user in the chat?! I'm a lurker and listening streams at the background and sometimes I don't watch it at all, it's so strange to recieve a gift of subscription when I'm a lurker and some person could recieve it but because of people like me they didn't

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As an Affiliate, it seems rather odd to me that if an Affiliate wanted to gift a sub to their own channel (e.g. prize or just a kind act), that they can't do it from their earnings. Instead, they'd have to claim their earnings, have the fees and taxes applied to it, then turn around and send the money back to Twitch (more taxes) just to gift a sub to someone in their community.

The money is already with Twitch. Why not allow an Affiliate to deduct from their earnings without all of the fees and taxes to gift a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like my account to have no information about whether or how long I have been subbing if I have previously deactivated or rejected all gift subscriptions. And in addition, for example if I have never subbed before, it will also say that I was not a subscriber regardless of how long it took me to deactivate the sub in the first month.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Many people have already complained about how users who don't follow the channel may be selected for this, and this is a good point. As a user that sometimes consumes Twitch content, it's pretty awkward that I follow channels or I just simply watch them without following and then I suddenly receive gift subs so I have to cancel that subscription with hopes of the guy who gave it to me to get his money back. But that's NOT the unique point!

Let's consider somebody who just starts following a channel just two minutes ago and somebody gifts a subscription…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I was just in a channel that had a Hype Train (300+) much higher than its active viewers (around 250), except many viewers in the channel did not receive Gifted subs. Gift subs should take precedence to active viewers in the channel and not just followers who may not even be watching the channel at the time of the Gifted sub

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?