Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

95 results found

1. When using wide aspect phones in landscape, if you open the chat it overlays the video while there's still space to the left. A better solution is to move the video left while leaving the chat on the right, using the whole screen space. (Similar to what Google meet does when opening the chat)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Especially for tablets, it would be nice if the Stream-Manager could be also used in landscape mode, with chat and activity feed next to each other instead of on top of each other. The user should be able to decide on his own which should be on the right and on the left.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please implement pause in PIP mode on android.

OR

when a user pauses video/stream and press home button or switch app, the PIP of twitch starts playing (even though the user pauses the video/stram before moving to PIP mode) this is very irritating.

Please fix this. :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. MVP: Add option for the Android Twitch app to use the light or dark theme by inheriting the state of the system's theme [Android 10+].

Bonus: Ideally, it would be great for the app's rendered state to automatically update the theme without having to be restarted. Switching back to the app via the app switcher (whilst it's running in RAM) after the system theme changes (either manually or automatically, based on Sunrise/Sunset) should cause this to occur, as well as if it's in the foreground and Sunrise/Sunset toggles a system-wide change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add the ability to control Twitch on the PS4 via Google Cast as long as the app is open (on the PS4). See the YouTube and Netflix apps on the PS4/Android for an example. :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Usernames with the black hex color (#000000) are unreadable in the android app, not sure if its the same in the iOS app as well. https://i.imgur.com/b4Evflz.png

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sinto falta do resumo de transmissão no app para android da Twitch, para acompanhamento em tempo real.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the popout player resizeable. Currently the popout player is so small, it's practically useless. I have to use the multiapp feature on android be able to see the stream but that doesn't work well with some apps.

You need to enable the resize feature like other apps have including mx player and new pipe. Currently I'm using a 3rd party twitch app to play streams via mx player, just so I can resize the popout player.

Android 9 on Pixel XL

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. So it's been pointed out recently with some of the twitch app adjustments that we have options for Background Audio on Android.

This partly came as a shock, because: A) It's only possible to listen two audio specifically if they have encoder options for Video. B) After it was added into settings it was defaulted as "never" over the other two options.

While troubleshooting with a streamer and other individuals in chat, it seems that these options are not the same on Android and IOS; in that, Android has them -- IOS does not, is there a pending update or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I've noticed the following thing on the Android app: when watching a video, an ad comes up (that's fine), but as soon as the ad's over, it cuts back to the video and the playback speed seems to be sped up slightly. It happened to me like 3 times now in the past week. Always the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Android Widget that shows which of your followed/subscribed streamers are currently active. I use my phone a lot, and being able to view who is streaming from android desktop via a widget would be really nice. Grabs user attention more than a button to go inside the app and check when the phone is littered with buttons.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'd love to see Twitch get its own VR app or a VR option in the current app, maybe somewhat similar to YouTube VR's interface. I'd be happy to pay a fee for the use or possibly have it included in the price of Turbo.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. While in fullscreen mode: allow the stream to go from landscape to landscape flipped without having the 'auto rotate' Android setting on.

The YouTube app works this way and I find myself missing it more than I expected when using the Twitch app.

In case the above isn't clear...
    1. Auto rotate is off
    2. Full screen stream
    3. Orient device to landscape
    4. Rotate device 180° (flipped landscape)
    5. Stream also rotates 180°

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hey,

I noticed that on twitch iOS it's possible to zoom on the screen while watching a stream and that's really useful cause sometimes we simply can not see small letters on screen or things like that,

Since I use a Samsung S6 (Android) and now it won't let me zoom anymore the screen, it would be really good since no one would be against, it's easy to make and pretty useful, I'm sure tons of people will enjoy (the one that will notice it ofc :p)

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I like being able to change all of my apps notification sounds so I know what the notification is without even turning my head to look at my phone.

Right now with the new update it just uses the notification sound as set in Android settings, which can conflict with other notifications. I'd like to be able to change the notification sound for the Twitch app specifically, like many other apps on Android allow you to do.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?