Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

253 results found

1. The feature to follow games is nice in for discovery but I would like to block certain games. Specifically Hogwarts Legacy. As a Trans Woman seeing this game pop up as popular as it is just causes trauma and forces me to unfollow everyone I see playing it. It would be nice to be able to block certain content that triggers people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about this. There is an option to mark certain game categories to keep them from coming up in lists/suggestions. To do so, please click on the "⋮" icon below the channel and select "Not interested". It may take a few minutes to take effect -- I know I have done this and thought it was not working, but after some time, it should be working. Hope that helps you with this. Thank you.

2. I'm an art streamer who carves realistic pumpkin portraiture all year long on foam and organic pumpkins. I also make a lot of other spooky themed art content. However, there are no useful tags that apply to my medium or the style of my work.

The Vibe of the art that I'm creating would fit under a "Spooky", "Halloween" , or even "Dark Art" type of tag. There are a ton of folks on twitch that enjoy playing spooky games and many art/maker and crafting streamers whom could benefit from adding this or similar content description tags.

Thanks for your…

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It's literally bigotry

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey,

Sorry to hear an offensive tag has emerged in the midst. If you see a user implementing an inappropriate tag, please file a report. This will ensure both the user and tag are reviewed by our moderation team.  Thank you so much.

4. Hi, I would like to help represent the autistic community on Twitch. I am 34 years old, and have been diagnosed with Asperger syndrome.

I have created something unique, think Marbles on Stream, but in a racing simulator, driven by artificial intelligence, and then I automated the whole thing to run 24/7.

My viewers are given a list of cars in a racing class, and they can type !play <number> in chat to pick which car their AI will drive.

Although I never show my face on stream, I believe my stream is a good representation of what someone on…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. First, the custom tags are going to and have been making discoverability worse. With no presets people are just spread out over several variations of the same thing. It's more confusing now. For example the variations: LGBT, LGBTQ, LGBTQIA, LGBTQIAPLUS (Because for some reason we can't put +). I think most of us would have just been happy with the extra 5 tags.
    Next, the drops tag should still be automatic. I don't know if this is a bug or how they meant to have it now. But the drops tag has not been applied to eligible streams during the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Thanks for your feedback. With the latest launch for custom tags, suggestions have been added to the feature, so there will be presets. Additionally, I wanted to address that the "Drops enabled" tag should be automatically applied to any stream that is participating in a Drops stream with the developer. Thank you.

7. Would be lovely to have the logo and Twitch text changed to blue/yellow in support for Ukraine.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add more specific tags for science and engineering topics - right now everything counts as engineering, whether you're doing chemistry experiments, raising a colony of animals for study, or designing and building a circuit board. Even broad categories (science demonstration, electronics, biology, chemistry, geology, etc.) could dramatically increase discoverability for these sorts of streaming topics.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey,

I'm happy to announce that you should be able to describe your stream in your own words with the help of custom tags. Whether you want to discuss metamorphic rocks and plate tectonics, you can add up to ten tags to describe your geology stream, for example. For more information, check out our blog post here.

9. Ace Spec folks deserve representation too!

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey,

I'm happy to announce that you should be able to represent your community and describe your stream in your own words with the help of custom tags (up to ten). For more information, check out our blog post here.

10. there can be a option to not to see some streamers on main page ,maybe you have it on your app or not but on pc at web browser i dont want to see some streamers on my main page sny more ,add dont show it button pls .thank you. i hope i could explaint it to you with my broken english :))thanks for all

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

There is an option similar to what you described. If you do not agree with a certain stream being recommended to you, click on the three dots below the player and select "Not Interested". This will remove it from being shown to you again.

11. Add a Bigender tag.

Please add a Bigender tag for individuals who consider themselves to be Bigender. This will help keep twitch inclusive and keep users educated.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello!

With the recent introduction of a new feature, we're happy to announce that you should be able to add "Bigender" as a tag and describe your stream in your own words with the help of custom tags. For more information, feel free to check out our blog post here.

12. I've been streaming for 3 years, putting out hundreds of hours per month and was growing relatively consistently for the first two years. Within the last year my push has completely halted, every ounce of growth I got was completely minimized. I'm at wits end and I dont know what to do anymore. Is this a backend thing? Am I shadow banned?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There are alot of diverse tags and with the new blog post there will be more tags for the LGBTQIA+ and POC communities which is wonderful. The Furry community is quite large on twitch ranging from artists to twitch partners to small time streamers. Adding a Furry tag also helps people in the furry community find and help promote streamers that are apart of that community.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey there!

So sorry I missed this when we were announcing all the other tags. Super excited to let you all know that we now have a furry tag on Twitch!

Thank you so much for your feedback on this and please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see on Twitch!

14. No Cam/Hot voice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Went to stream and usually I will use Blind Playthough to note that a game i'm playing for the first time. This does two things, first I personally like to watch people who are experiencing a game for teh first time, and relive the journey i had through them. Second, It lets my audience know that I'm exploring a game at my own pace, and thats part of the journey and for them not to backseat game.

So its weird to me the sudden removal of it, When its probably one of the more useful ones.

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. He's out-of-touch with the community and the broadcasters that built the Twitch brand. Talent is leaving the company because he is neglecting the employees, streamers, and viewers. There needs to be a better balance between profits, pay, features, discoverability, and basic human reasoning.

Save Twitch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make an IRL category, because not all IRL is outdoors. Not all IRL is traveling.

The Just Chatting category currently includes channels of all content, making it impossible to find the real IRL content hidden behind everything else.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. WE NEED A TAG FOR "JUNGLE"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the new twitch tag interface it won't let me put "BackseatingAllowed", which used to be one of the standard tags. The content moderation on tag names is WAY too aggressive!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Small idea, but I thought it'd be cool to offer a tag for recovering addicts to help find support for the struggle from content creators that have been through it, or are going through it, or know someone who's gone through it... without the pressure of an official institution and inside of a game or activity that they enjoy. Thank you <3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?