Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

668 results found

1. Just saw that in Twitch is now posible to sleep, personally i see this as a complete disrepect for the little streamers that are trying their best to grow, doing amazing things and the fact that the ''big ones'' are sleeping and winning more and more followers that maybe the little streamers may afford by their own is just not fair.

Twitch, really, you should go back and ban the ones sleeping, because with this category everyone could make a really long stream by sleeping, and personally i think that if you make a long stream is because you can…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Dragonary is a game, and as such, anyone can play it, whether they have knowledge of cryptocurrencies/blockchain or not.
    The beta start in 06/28/2021.
    Its a game free to play and you not need to buy nothing to start.
    Playing you can mine to create new NFTs and more.
    With a simple google search you can find the main page for more details.
    Many people are waiting for it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I see a lot of musicians stream on Twitch but we should be able to niche down our search to specific instruments ex. I want to find people only playing piano or the ukulele, they would be easier to find rather than go through a list of many general category musicians.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With the growing interest in Collectible Trading Cards and other large interest items that have caused the 'Break' society to grow. The persons streaming this content would benefit greatly from it's own category so that those who have branched out from 'Pokemon' could feel at home.

The 'Unboxing' tag is a great start, but a category itself would allow those who soley stream that content would use and leave the 'Pokemon TCG' category to those who soley stream that and not get out shadowed by breakers.

Other than that; love you guys. <3

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but this PC game does not appear as a category for streamers in streaming apps such as Twitch Studio or Streamlabs OBS.

It DOES appear when editing categories for VODs, but when you save it doesn't stay. It appears as "Maitetsu"

https://www.igdb.com/games/maitetsu

There is another version with a similar name on IGDB, "Maitetsu: Pure Station" , but it never shows up as a Twitch category or in the stream apps. This version is for the Switch and PS4.

https://www.igdb.com/games/maitetsu-pure-station

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please enforce your categories for big streamers! Every week, I look for people streaming Pokemon Sword and Shield, and every week, I end up in streams that are streaming different pokemon games. The biggest perpetrator, SmallAnt, even has a command linking to a clip of why he does it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST5v7-C3iDk . In the clip, he says "basically everyone streams pokemon in this category" so his discoverability is higher, but this hinders the discoverability of people actually playing that game! I report these things everytime I see them, but there is no enforcement. I can't find streamers I am looking for…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think it would be helpful to have a category for volleyball (the sport) as opposed to the game volleyball. Given some volleyball leagues like Athletes Unlimited have put their game broadcasts live on Twitch, and other streamers like me are streaming their own live games, it would be a useful category to have given the exploding club volleyball scene.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. everytime i go to check out some nice science streams i have to scroll through more and more streams featuring animals chilling.. it just does not belong in that category and is getting annoying

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently people use "retro" when talking about old games, but this isn't accurate. "Retro" means something new that seems to be old, not something old. Since I'm sure you won't actually get people to use Retro correctly, can you please add a general "classic" category, or some other accurate way to describe playing an older game?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It is possible to create two categories: Meditation and Music Therapy

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It is frustrating as a streamer that there is no category for when you just want to play random games, switching between games on your system and having a general game jam. We are forced to use the Just Chatting category and then people who look for that category are miffed to find you gaming, and your normal viewers will skip you because they think you're not gaming. You then spend half your stream explaining the situation to the few who do pop in. Please can we have a Random Gaming or Misc Gaming or Just Gaming category to use?

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There are 2 games as World of Warcraft Shadowlands and World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Classic. But two of them in the same panel. I dont want to see anything about Burning Crusade Classic thing. Also it shouldnt be allowed to do 2 different games in same section. Think about Valorant+ League of Legends in the same section because they are both game of same company. Please make them separate so i can watch what i want.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There's a category for every game but not ones more granular than "Science and Technology"?! An Electronics category would be one that could be broken out from this.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dear Twitch Team,

currently – we as the GTA: Online players – have the issue of finding others who also play it live on Twitch.
    Back in the day, there was a 2nd category called something like "GTA Online" where, for the most part, you could only find streamers playing Grand Theft Auto V's official online mode.
    Since this was removed, it's impossible to find others playing it anymore. The entire "Grand Theft Auto V" category is flooded by streamers who are playing on unofficial 3rd party (roleplay) servers.
    Therefore, I would like to see a separate category for the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The following titles are the original and ports/expansions of the same game:
    * Phantasy Star Online
    * Phantasy Star Online ver. 2 (expansion--note this is different than Phantasy Star Online 2 which is a different game and should be separate)
    * Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (port + expansion)
    * Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus (essentially just a patch!)

This was previously proposed and implemented with https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310210-discovery-browsing-and-searching/suggestions/39303526-combine-the-5-phantasy-star-online-categories -- since then, the implementation was mostly undone, with all categories except Blue Burst mysteriously returning without announcement or explanation.

When the categories were consolidated previously, it was…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Especially with a major charity drive, the Four Job Fiesta, coming up and focusing on this game, there is literally no reason for Final Fantasy V to have two exactly duplicated game listings on Twitch - but it will harm viewership to have followers randomly being split between two listings.

This is barely even a suggestion, it's just a straight up bug to have a literal duplicate category. Please just fix this.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Citizen science (CS; also known as community science, crowd science, crowd-sourced science, civic science, or volunteer monitoring) is scientific research conducted, in whole or in part, by amateur (or nonprofessional) scientists.[1] Citizen science is sometimes described as "public participation in scientific research," participatory monitoring, and participatory action research whose outcomes are often advancements in scientific research by improving the scientific communities capacity, as well as increasing the public's understanding of science.

There are games like zooniverse.org that allows non-scientist to participate in games that help actual scientist speed up research (i.e. classifying images of galaxies, transcribing historical text, etc.) that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Could you please add Asphalt 9: Legends as a game category, its mostly a mobile game but can be played on PC and i've noticed there is no category for it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Video game engines are software just like games that have their own category. By browsing a category of a given engine like Unity or UE, game devs can share their practical knowledge on the platform. In general, it would be easier to find other streams that are using similar workflows. By specifying the engine used in the category field where usually the game title goes, it would reduce the chance that the game development and game jam tags are misused for random gameplay streams.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?