Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

124 results found

1. 516 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey all,

I would like to let you know that we have a special feature to report such issues as buffering, or any other playback issue. To do so, please click on the Settings icon (cog wheel) in the bottom right corner of your video screen and select the Report Playback Issue option. This will directly send a report to the relevant team with the necessary information to accurately track all hiccups with the players that occur, by attaching the specific data in real time needed to investigate such issues. Thank you!

2. 185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  34 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ım streaming for 7 mount with 40-50 wiever adn still having quality select problem ?

and ı cant even write to twitch help ? cause there is no option for that ?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Sorry that it took so long to get a response to you here. We do our best to make transcoding options available to as many streams as possible; however, not every stream on Twitch will have transcoding options. Transcoding is guaranteed available for all Partners, but is only available to Affiliates from time-to-time, based on resources. We are actively working on solutions to make transcodes more available to non-Partnered streams.

4. We want servers in africa and the middle east to solve broadcast problems and quality content.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Just a few moments ago, I switched streams and the playback window was an inch too big: There was a field of empty black space between the chat scroll and the player where there wasn't one before. Since I hadn't updated my browser or changed it or anything like that, and further hearing other users complain about it, I decided that Twitch must have rolled out some new feature that wasn't playing nice with me. Heading over to the support ticket page, and after scrolling through the numerous options of permitted support ticket topics I couldn't find anything even close…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

So sorry for the trouble you've had with reporting issues. We have a particular system in place to track issues with video performance: please click on the cog wheel located in the bottom right corner of the video and select Report Playback Issue. The system will route a report to the relevant team accordingly. Thank you!

6. If I go to one channel and from that channel go to another, I seem to not have video quality better than 360p unless I refresh the browser. Its been happening for 3-4 days now.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello there,

If this issue is still occurring, could you please reach out to help.twitch.tv to investigate this problem with our team? Thank you!

7. When I press spacebar go in or out of fullscreen , that must be maked only with "F" key. Spacebar must be paused the video but doesn't works.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Tested this out and pressing the F hotkey appears to trigger full screen whether the player is paused or playing. If you're still having issues, please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv to troubleshoot. Thanks!

8. I just stream 1hr ago and its not showing up and I stream like an 1 from now nothing show up?? Can you please fix?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Please ensure that you have Store past broadcasts setting toggled on to enable archiving in your Stream Settings under the VOD Settings section. If you have this setting enabled before running your stream and are still not seeing the VOD, please reach out to our team via https://link.twitch.tv/GetSupport. Thanks!

9. Az elmúlt időszakban használhatatlan a platform, akármilyen adatsebességgel is próbálok a platformon tartalmat fogyasztani, legyen az mobil vagy teljesen más szolgáltatótól származó optikán érkező vonal, az ádásokat csak 360p és az alatti minőségben alacsony késletetést kikapcsolva válok nézhetővé, de amúgy ahhoz is gratulálnék, hogy a probléma jelentéshez külön regisztrálni kell máshol.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

To file video play back issues, please follow the instructions in this help article. This will help our engineers review and track the issue. Thank you.

10. Every time an ad loads, the site locks and I can't watch a stream. Every time I watch a stream at anything more than 480p, it pauses and buffers for no reason. This doesn't happen on any other platform that does livestreaming.

I frankly think it's ridiculous that my PC can run DOOM Eternal at 100+fps on max settings but I can't watch a livestream at full resolution without constantly missing out on what's going on because of buffering issues.

My Internet speed is more than adequate, and my hardware is well above what should be the minimum required. It…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,
    So sorry for the issues you've experienced with playback, and apologies for the time it's taken to get a response to this idea. If you are experiencing issues with playback, please click on the Settings icon (cog wheel) in the bottom right corner of your video screen and select the Report Playback Issue option. This will directly send a report to the relevant team with the necessary information to accurately track all issues that occur. Thank you!

11. Whenever I alt-tab or switch tabs on Chrome (Win7 x64) I get a 30 second disconnect with a purple screen telling me to watch from twitch.tv
    For example, if I have two streams open, the one which isn't focused will get intermittent disconnects. My browser is updated.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. El audio del PC (discord, juego, musica, etc), se escucha perfectamente en directo, pero no se escucha nada cuando se guarda el video.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,
    This is likely related to an issue with your broadcasting setup's microphone input settings. If you have Twitch Studio, we recommend reaching out to our support team at help.twitch.tv. Otherwise, please refer to the help information of your broadcasting software. Thank you!

13. In my broadcasts, not all video quality settings are opened, only 720p 60 fps is opened. How can I fix this?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello

Arround 450 video
    And the VIDEO PRODUCER have to be rework totaly

In my case :
    - ITs lagy (the engin have to charge the 450 video before i can work in the section
    (So why i was impact when i want work or edit my new 2020 video by the past 2015 video ... charging, lagging, and wasting my time because the page was unusable at this tile
    - Unusable time charging all video ...
    - when you want organise its too slow, and unusable because you have to drag and drop ... and the memory cant follow…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Whenever I tune in to a stream these days the video quality always defaults to 480p. Even when I try changing it to 1080p, the stream refreshes and stays at 480p. Please fix the streaming quality options. I cannot even tell what is happening on the stream at 480p.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

So sorry for the issues you've experienced with being unable to change video quality, despite the options being present. Please click on the cog wheel located in the bottom right corner of the video player and select Report Playback Issue. The system will route a report to the relevant team accordingly. Thank you for taking your time to leave this feedback and help improve our platform's performance. If you continue to have issues with this, please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv. Thank you.

16. Some streams are working fine, but others will be loading forever. I will hear 3 words, before the stream freezes and goes to reload. This takes some minutes, then I will hear half a sentence again and it goes back into freezing and reloading

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

So sorry for the trouble you've had with videos freezing. Please click on the cog wheel located in the bottom right corner of the video player and select Report Playback Issue. The system will route a report to the relevant team accordingly. Thank you for taking your time to leave this feedback and help improve our platform's performance!

17. Make it so the player doesn't keep crashing. After almost every crash, restarting the player will then rerun all of those useless ******* ads too. Stream may stay up for a minute or so to run the ad, then promptly crash once in the stream for less than 20 seconds only to repeat the process multiple times before it will finally run for an hour or two before crashing yet again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,
    Sorry for the time it's taken to get a response to this idea. If you are experiencing issues with buffering, please click on the Settings icon (cog wheel) in the bottom right corner of your video screen and select the Report Playback Issue option. This will directly send a report to the relevant team with the necessary information to accurately track all issues that occur. Thank you!

18. It is super annoying when the stream I watching stops after every 10 seconds on 1080p. I have to watch it on 720p. It is just twitch. No other site has this problem on internet speed I have, I even watch 4k videos on youtube.
    (From India)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Sorry to hear you've had issues with buffering. In this specific case, we ask that you please report the playback issue via the the Settings icon (cog wheel) in the bottom right corner of your video screen and select the Report Playback Issue option. This will help our engineers track the issue, by attaching the specific data in real time needed to investigate such issues. Thank you so much for reporting these issues to help us identify where the player may be hiccuping.

19. Add more servers so more people can stream and stop prioritizing the larger streamers. How are smaller streamers supposed to grow if we cannot connect to the servers.
    I've been streaming nearly 3 years and never had a single issue until last year. I thought it was what I was using to stream, so I tried the twitch studio, and I'm still having issues. I have lowered my bitrate and frames. Still issues. Please add more servers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Me gustaría que se guardara todo mi directo ya que queda bastante mal y desincronizado el audio y video

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?