I suggest you ...

Create a "Global Paintbrush Badge" for artists who have designed emotes for a certain # of channels

Artists who draw Twitch emotes have contributed so much to the Twitch community yet receive so little recognition on Twitch for all their work.

It'd be nice if these artists could received some sort of "Global Paintbrush Badge" as recognition for all the hard work they put into creating emotes for Twitch users to use.

A suggestion is that after an artist has designed emotes for a certain number of channels (e.g., after designing for 50 channels, they're considered a "verified emotes artist") they can receive the badge. This could be something that artists have to apply for after which their application would go under review to ensure that they did design these emotes and they would receive the badge.

Credit for the idea to T1Appalled on Twitter.

97 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vessi shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with this. But I do not agree with the 50 channels idea.. It should be emote approved based. 25+ emotes = badge.. Since Twitch is handing out badges left and right, this should be a thing. Considering you now made it harder to find creative streamers on Twitch.

• iilu commented  · 

Maybe it could be based off number of approved emotes, rather than number of channels.That way those artists who have a lot of emotes live on twitch right now for channels with 20+ emotes, but wouldn't get close to a 50 channel level would qualify too.

• Nick commented  · 

I think this is an amazing idea and would be very helpful overall!

• Vessi commented  · 

I forgot to add this in my post, but a global badge for emotes artists would also be helpful for partnered (and non-partnered) streamers to find artists to create emotes for their stream!

Feedback and Knowledge Base