Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

560 results found

1. This could enable mods or streamers the ability to see ban reasoning for a ban in a shared channel (provided any is given). In addition to helping channels moderate who comes into their channel and chats, this would also make Shared Ban Info useful for moderating bots that sit quietly in chat that may be generating follow-bot raids, collecting ISPs, or merely collecting data for who knows who and for what purpose. Having some indication that they are banned (and the reasoning) in a channel for which ban info is shared on User Profile Cards would make Shared Ban Info…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  2. It is way too easy to accidentally activate Shield mode for a new moderator when there is a click-through handholding guide that pops up with it. Please make it wait until after the walkthrough to avoid accidental activation. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  3. Automod blocks the phrase gay sex but not the work sex or the phrase straight sex

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to become a cooking streamer and people have been telling me people are not allowed to put Cream in their stream title. I feel if they are a cooking stream they should be allowed to put cream in the title especially if they are making a boston cream pie, or cream of chicken soup Ect, But only if it is a cooking stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  5. EN: Hello, you should do an audit on the Twitch France moderation team. Rumors are flying all over the Discord servers about possible channel migrations to other platforms. Streamers are starting to poll their audience on the subject; and not the least since this brews an average of 5000 viewers per stream. The reasons that often come up are: the shares taken by Twitch on each sub; low quality of dialogue between streamers and Twitch France; the quality of moderation responsible for sanctioning streamers, clearly oriented and less and less objective.
    FR: Bonjour, vous devriez faire un audit sur l'équipe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be useful if a streamer could set it so that moderated chats are hidden from them live, but are still able to be reviewed elsewhere if necessary. It would help the stream not become derailed if the streamer is being constantly harassed by one or more individuals, as moderators could essentially hide what was going on from the streamer. And it would have the added benefit of letting moderators remove blatant spoilers before they are seen by the streamer as well.

This would require a lot of trust on the streamer's part, but that is why it would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'd like Shield Mode to automatically disable follower only chat, sub only chat, etc when I am online.

Basically, if I'm offline, Shield Mode should be on in full force, when I'm online, disable it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  8. Most bots have the possibility of choosing actions to be taken depending on filters. An emote spam filter for example would be very useful especially if it could delete the specific message only and recognize bttv, 7tv and ffz emotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When using Shield, I think it would be a great addition to allow the streamer to decide on having autobans or timeouts, depending on the severity of what is said in chat by chatters.

I understand that the autoban is there to prevent some really nasty things in chat, and for that, I get it. But, my mind is telling me that I also would like to have the option to change that for certain phrases and/or individual words.

e.g.

When entering custom phrases like, "you suck", "ur trash", etc.

These are definitely mean, but bannable offenses, I don't think…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  10. The phrase "take your meds" is a seriously overlooked phrase that incites hatred, is disparaging, and implies a derogatory attitude towards neurodivergent people.

Too often, people invoke mental health terms and phrases such as "take your meds" "that's so bipolar" "You're acting like a schizo"

Perhaps a blanket ban is overreaching, but Twitch should take it upon itself, on its own platform, that typically champions people of neurodivergence, to stop such a toxic, hateful, vile expression and attitude towards those who may have differing perspectives, opinions, outlooks on life, or even represent an older generation of twitch users.

It is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If someone wants to be unbanned from a streamer, propose a voting window with 1 vote per moderator to define this viewer should be banned or not depending from the view of each moderator

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  12. An Up to Date and Verified Email Address Should Be Enough For You to be Considered a Verified Account.

There are so many streamers whose chats I would like to participate in, but I can't because they keep their chat in "Verified Accounts Only" Mode. However, what I fail to understand is why an Up to Date and Verified Email Address wouldn't be enough to consider you a verified account. Why must you give Twitch both your email AND your phone number/enable 2FA to be considered a verified account? I don't like not being able to chat just because Twitch…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Using the word "*****" in a negative context on the Twitch platform or anywhere else is offensive and inappropriate. These words are slang terms that can offend and humiliate women.

Nowadays, in the context of the struggle for gender equality and respect for women's rights, it is important to respect each person and avoid using words and expressions that can harm others.

As a member of the Twitch community, you can play an important role in maintaining a respectful and enjoyable environment for all users by avoiding offensive language and by taking an active part in the fight against discrimination…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. You need to do a better job explaining it or making the settings opt in rather than opt out. just booted my whole chat accidently

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  15. ive recently been harrassed for being transgender ..this is the 5th time and its only getting worse.. got bot raided..found a way around that...very mean comments and hate talk ..took care of that.. they always also come in twos..everytime its two people.. but this time i was being harrased through the user names.. by them spoofing my channel points pop ups.. by making obsene names ..so i recommend figuring out what can be done for making names..
    an example was..{stupidtransfakerusuk} constantly.. i dont let it get to me i have lovley mods and i kinda laugh at it but fixing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. Recently i had to fend off a hate raid that brought in around a hundred fresh bot accounts following the channel, the immediate subchat/emoteonly reaction was very effective, along with shield mode but dealing with the aftermath was very painful. Would be nice to have the option to ban multiple accounts at once, maybe even from the Activity Feed itself. It took me around 15m to ban every new account that followed and clicking on each single name waiting for the corresponding section of the mod view to load the ban button in felt like a waste of time.
    Having…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The word "жид" is a normal ukrainian word used by ukrainian poets and writers of all sorts throughout centuries, which is used to call people with jewish nationality. It has no offensive meaning at all, same as in polish.
    However, this word is offensive ONLY in russian and many ukrainian streamers are deleting chat messages with word "жид" being afraid to get banned by twitch moderators.
    Please make a clear statement that this word has no offensive connotation and can be safely used, because rn it looks like banning word "russian", many ppl find it offensive but it is just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. please simplify adding to banned terms phrases using twitch automod / command for /addblockedterm would help a ton

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Wäre es nicht sinnvoll die Wortfilterliste auch beim Abwehrmodus beizubehalten und nicht beim deaktivieren wieder zu löschen?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. it feels a bit harsh with sheild mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?