Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Queer is not a slur. It is how a HUGE number of people identify, ESPECIALLY by those who are non-binary or exist outside of the gender spectrum.

It is used by prominent politicians, organizations, medical offices, artists, creators, and members of your own site.

By banning this term from panels, bios, and elsewhere on channels, you are actively participating in discrimination against the LGBTQIA+ community.

It's LITERALLY what the Q in your "LGBTQIA+" tag stands for.

Remove this word as a "banned word." Stop limiting queer creators from existing on your platform.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  mouse responded

Update: UserVoice has removed “queer” from their filter. You should now be able to use the word on this site.

Unfortunately, it seems as though the change was not retroactive, so I’ve corrected this manually by removing the stars in each of your posts. Very sorry for the trouble with all of this – thank you so much for your patience.

2. As a moderator of a few channels, we've had a massive issue with one particular troll using a VPN to evade bans. This is a massive issue for us because; this user will spam hateful messages, racist slurs, bullying/harassment and even spam the streamer's private personal info. This has been such an issue, that some people I know have had to take a long break from streaming or quit altogether!

I implore you Twitch. Please add an option to enable Phone number verification!
    I believe this will strongly deter users from ban evading, as it commonly costs to use phone…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  3. I am an autistic person and this affects how I communicate. I want to ensure people are aware of this when joining my stream, and so I've always had it in my "about" section. It's a diagnosed disability and integral to who I am.

I went to update my about info recently and it kept failing moderation. Turns out it's because I can now no longer use the word autistic in my bio.

This is really ableist erasure. I know some people use "autistic" as an insult but the correct answer isn't to censor people using it legitimately. It's to…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey all! Thank you again for bringing this feedback to our attention. Just checking back in to let you know that we have updated our system and you are now able to use autistic in your about section.

4. I was shocked to learn today that twitch won't allow the word 'disabled' in twitch titles. As someone who has been told not to call myself disabled and made to feel ashamed about being disabled, this has absolutely disgusted me. If we can use the word disabled in tags, why can't we use it in titles? I was trying to use the word disabled to let my viewers know that my disability was bad that day, which is important to me so that viewers know not to push when my disability is worse/so they understand why my behaviour is the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  5. I urge Twitch to blacklist the word "schizo" from its platform due to its offensive nature and potential to harm individuals with schizophrenia. While the associated 3rd-party emote ("SCHIZO") may be popular and contribute to normalizing the use of the word, it is essential to focus on the term itself rather than the content of the emote.

Schizophrenia is a complex mental disorder affecting millions worldwide. Living with schizophrenia is challenging, and many individuals with the condition may not even be aware that they have it. The casual use of the term "schizo" on Twitch contributes to stigmatization and "otherizing"…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Ana responded

We have increased the severity of the word “schizo” in AutoMod, so it is now caught at lower shield levels.

6. Why is blm now a prohibited word? It's been in my stream title up until recently when it tells me the word is not allowed. This is not the first time I've not been allowed to use regular words or certain acronyms. Please explain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?