Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

25 results found

1. Right now making mature jokes in chat can get chatters permanently suspended globally on Twitch completely without any human intervention that requires context.

Clarification:
    This is not about regular AutoMod but the HIDDEN global AI AutoMod present in all of Twitch channels.

The AI based AutoMod Twitch currently uses everywhere does not understand important contexts and takes all text at face value. Streamers who have a strong focus on the LGBTQ community find themselves having to tell their chatters not to express themselves freely, because what they joke about can be seen as hate speech even though they are strong…

2,220 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

135 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Twitch responded

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We wanted to clarify a couple of things. AutoMod can’t ban people from Twitch. Mods can use the tool to identify chat messages that break their channel’s rules. But AutoMod can’t be used to timeout, ban, or mute users from any channel, or from Twitch – those aren’t AutoMod capabilities.

We also wanted to share a bit more about how we enforce our Community Guidelines. These are the policies that apply to all of Twitch, and help make Twitch safer. We have human teams that review our content moderation decisions. We call this “human in the loop.” These reviewers help ensure that our policies are being applied accurately. We don’t use a “global AI” system to enforce our guidelines, and we manually review suspension decisions.

We recognize that, while the majority of enforcements we issue are correct, sometimes…

2. I would like to see an easier way to see what channels where I am a moderator without checking all my following list and typing /mods to check.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. The shield mode should have an API. Its main purpose is to react quickly to a massive influx of people, but... Sometimes we would like to react differently than the others times.

With an API we could define different ways to react and assign each of them to a different Stream Deck button (or other devices). We wouldn't need to waste time to change the shield parameters each time.

• we lack an option that could belong into the shield mode: remove the last follows / block the incomming ones.
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. After removing to "PLAYER" - right now you can remove it but would still have stream sound. Removing player should mean also removing the sound.

This bug/"feature" removes ability to put stream on full screen and have mod view open on another screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  5. Oftentimes, in harassment raids there will be more accounts with the raid than just the one account raiding. It would make it harder to do harassment raids if mods could ban every account in such a raid.

Also: Have the ability to sort by account age, since overwhelmingly harassment raids are done by accounts that are quite new.

While the more established accounts that are used by follower bots or the like are old enough that bots like Sery_Bot can do the banhammering.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Thanks for this feedback! I'd like to bring incoming raid settings to your attention, as there is a feature that will roll out that will enable you to prevent incoming raids by account age to address this concern. For more information and to provide feedback on incoming raids, please see the following idea: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/923383/suggestions/45609523. Thanks! 

6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  7. The little shield icon that is active is enough and the actual rectangle when shield mode is enabled above the icon makes the tiny chat screen interface for streamers and creators too big when it is active. This waste of space graphic can be removed entirely as the icon is already enough when Shield Mode is enabled. Why have an EXTRA rectangle that says,
    "Only visible to Moderators
    Shield Mode On"
    above the icon that does the same thing? We need SPACE in chat! Please remove this! There is no need to have this wasting precious screen real estate! We…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Third-party suggestion.

8. Hi, I tried to verify my twitch account with my mobile number but it keeps giving me this error.

We've sent too many messages to this phone number recently, please try again later.

Is it because I'm located in the Philippines?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, 

When it comes to something like this, please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv so they can further investigate this with you. 

9. There should be an option for the moderators and streamer to 'flag' someone who is constantly causing issues. Basically this could help moderators easily figure out who to keep an eye on. Maybe they could have an additional badge that only moderators can see, which tells us this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Danky responded

Hiya! Sorry for missing this, but we've since introduced Suspicious User Controls that might help here. This feature helps moderators and streamers to detect, identify, monitor, and restrict chat privileges from suspicious users in their channels by highlighting their messages. Learn more about Suspicious User Controls here.
    Hope this helps!

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  11. AutoMod description is incorrect, showing as the description for Email Verification.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dont like how on OBS "shield mode" takes up half my chat screen I use to read chats from viewers when I have it on. For that reason alone I will never use it no matter how good its features are.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

This suggestion is for a third-party software.

13. I have my account verified for a long time but I still can't chat in streams that have it enabled. I tried clearing cache, verifying my account more than once but still nothing. Please find a fix

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

So sorry to hear you can't chat in certain stream where verified chat is enabled. Please definitely reach out to our support team via https://link.twitch.tv/GetSupport to investigate this. Thank you.

14. hej

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  15. porque me desactibais los video si pongo musica sin
    copyrai

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Admin →
  16. The word "Khokhol" ("Хохол") is offensive, degradeing, derogatory to the Ukrainian people. Since the word "Moskal" ("Москаль") is forbidden in the chat, I think that "Khokhol" ("Хохол") is also inappropriate, given the current events in Ukraine, іt seems that twitch is a platform that supports war and terrorism.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. So I am unable to verify my account using my mobile number because it wont allow me to add it to my account. I get a few error messages along the lines of "number is invalid, please use a valid mobile number, please make sure this is the right mobile number, can not sent sms code to verify"
    HOWEVER, I use the same mobile to get sms codes for logging into my account, and I get the sms code to verify my mobile number when adding it. It has been almost a month of me emailing support with them being…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Danky responded

Hi there, I apologize for this situation. I see you mention waiting 2 weeks for a response, have you already sent our support team a ticket at help.twitch.tv? We respond to tickets in the order they're received, therefore it may take some time to hear back from us.

Thank you for your patience!

18. J'avais créé un compte à l'ancienne, à cause des études etc. j'ai pas pu me connecter dessus depuis longtemps et aujourd'hui je ne connais plus rien concernant ce compte. Mon numéro de téléphone y est, j'ai recréé un autre compte afin de re pouvoir profiter de Twitch mais je n'ai qu'un seul numéro de téléphone donc je ne peux que rester en tant que compte invérifié. Aidez moi afin de faire en sorte de re pouvoir utiliser mon numéro de téléphone s'il vous plaît

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, 

This is something that you will need to work with our team at help.twitch.tv about. Hopefully they will be able to further assist you with your account or get you in contact with Authy concerning this. 

19. This recent change (as of January 7th 2022) moderators (and VIPs) are not allowed to type public blocked terms anymore.
    Before that it was only private blocked terms.
    Could you please add a button for the broadcaster what they could tick in if they wanted to let moderators use public blocked terms or not.

Solution:
    1. Button for the broadcaster that would let them disable this "feature" for moderators (and VIPs).
    2. New type of blocked terms that didn't affect moderators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

Thanks for the feedback! This was not an intended change and we have reverted it so that moderators can use blocked terms again. 

20. Might want to um... Look into that.. Because I am getting the "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."

Soo.. YEAH! Night... I guess that is somehow.. A bad word.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?