Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

98 results found

1. I want to use the name of a game in the stream title but the dashboard won't let me. For whatever reason "Kula" World, a properly existing videogame, is not allowed in the title (same for the notifications). Great, so I cannot let people (most of all, my followers) know I'm playing that game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. When adding a banned term, it would be amazing to be able to create subterms for that umbrella term. For example, if the word **** is banned, ****, sh!t, sh1t, and a variety of other spellings are still allowed.

Instead of having to create a new term for each of these spellings, it would be amazing to make a "****" category, where all of the spellings can be added with a drop down menu.

Another extension of this idea would be adding a toggle for banned words so that you can temporarily disable or enable a word (and it's variants…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  3. Automod could be used to filter links on chat so the mods and streamer could allow or deny instead of using bots to timeout everyone who send links having to ask !permit before they can send links

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. What I mean by that? Multiple times my messages got caught by Automod without making any sense! There were no offensive words, no spoilers, nothing that would NEED Automod to act. And by the time a moderator MANUALLY approved the message, it broke the context of the chat. BADLY.

So here's how: if someone sends a message hat gets automodded, have it be hidden in a manner similar to deleted messages, but also allowing people to (at their own risk) clicking to see the message until a mod approves it. And once the mod approves, the message is shown as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When automod was updated the term Noob was added in as a derogatory term. Unfortunately that's a part of my name so for a long time whenever someone used the term Noob with a different word before or after it, it would get flagged by automod and one of my moderators or myself would have to manually allow the message through. This is also a problem when I'm in my friend's streams if they haven't added that specific phrase to their "safe words" list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When we use tags on Twitch, it can and has alerted trolls to the streamer. This does not make the streamer themselves feel safeguarded. Now while it is known that this is not the easiest. It might be an idea to try this out:

For each tag, create a moderation kit/folder which contains grouped banned words that can be automatically added to the streamers automod ruleset list. What this will do is auto filter and timeout trolls that come into the streamers channel.

An example would be:
    Black Tag - This folder would contain common racial slurs along with different…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I've changed all if the allowed word and moderator settings but still cannot add that I am a ****** cancer survivor. I can write boobie cancer or b r e a s t cancer and I find this incredibly offensive, ridiculous, and frustrating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I was just in a friends stream chatting, my boyfriend was in the mutual friend's stream. I helped the friend with a puzzle and said "i bet {enter boyfriend's name} wants to kiss me after that big brain play" and auto mod had to verify my chat. I later was talking to my friend about Nazis and Hitler and auto mod was silent. There are often times where i talk about being gay, and the word gay is hit by auto mod. Starting to feel that the auto mod database has a homophobic bias to it. please look into this…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hello

Is there and option to show us which word is the trouble word during creation of poll or predictions ?

I am moderator on few non-english streams and I am pretty often getting an error during creation of polls or predictions that some word in it is not in compliance with twitch and I have no idea which word it is as they are mostly commonly used words in other language.

So my question is there an option to show us which word is the wrong one so we can quickly change it and not spend 5-10 minutes trying…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When Automod has moderated a word - and the item is at the bottom of chat - clicking on the "****" will bring up a popup menu that is incomplete and will not let you see the rest of the message to determine if you would like to allow the blocked text.

I should not have to wait for 5-6 more people to send messages to be able to review whether I want to see a specific blocked word - I should be able to make a judgement with it as the latest message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove prediction content guideline check on different languages than English or please remove it completely! Again, you think English is the only language what every people speak on the Earth!

Can you tell me what is wrong with this text in your opinion? What guide is broken with the text: "Crazynek lesz 3 kill-je a mérkőzésen?"

So, please remove ASAP, as we can not write good content because of your restrictions!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  12. Twitch removes my name from banned words :(

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  13. Twitch has launched new Auto-Mod settings, and included Misogyny, while failing to include a category for Misandry.

Misandry is defined as; dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male ***).

This description is perfect for the failures of Twitch in recognising the hourly verbal abuse and violence that men experience on their platform.

It is worse that this violence against men is completely ignored by Twitch, and Twitch allows it to happen.

I believe Twitch's behaviour is illegal, as they are discriminating against all men based on their gender.

What will Twitch do to remedy this…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be nice to get some examples of what will be removed for each filter level, on each filter topic. The info given at the "learn more" page is rather vague, and as someone who's now been given 8 filter topics instead of 4, I'd like to see some clearer info on what each filter level actually does now that the topics are a lot more specific.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Recently I had to permit the term of "ow" when someone wanted to simply type "How are you <3" on a stream. This rather baffled me. I have since found similarly harmless words have triggered very low levels of automod sensitivity despite being rather simple words. Someone on reddit thankfully screenshotted some examples of the settings being used for the How are you <3 instance and has uploaded them for easy viewing:

Settings: https://i.imgur.com/3vLFx3Z.png
    Results: https://i.imgur.com/VYjp4Sj.png

I can also state that I've had to permit the word 'dinosaur' on the same levels of sensitivity. I think it AutoMod should be…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This is not a idea, This is a Feedback report cause reporting feedback took me here so here i am...
    So i'm watching my friend play SuperMarioGalaxy and he just defeated a really hard Giant Kemek Boss and i commented when they finished and autobot flagged it and said it was being checked by mods even tho it's not even related to enything serious
    heres a screenshot of it: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/634982858326278154/798451023717990400/unknown.png
    at first i assumed it was just a bot flagging the text but then realized it was one of twitch's built-in bots, not a userbot
    i understand that "death" is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  17. If a viewer breaks a rule 3 (or some set amount of) times in chat, Automod should then go ahead and ban the user permanently for the streamer.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the Russian language to AutoMod, because I am a Russian-speaking streamer and I want to add this function, because there are viewers who offend in Russian with profanity in chat and I want AutoMod to delay them in a private message and in a chat. Thank you for understanding.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Is there a way to replace an offensive word with new characters or text? Example : The word "****" would be replaced with "@#$%". Is this something that can be done already?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. =The Idea=

Have a toggle switch in auto-mod options for streamer to opt-in or out.

If opted in:
    Any accounts that were banned in 3 other streamer's chats in the past 72 hrs will have their messages auto-held until approved.

If opted out:
    No change from current moderation.

=Uses=
    - Chat bots from follow websites would have all their messages held after 3 streamers ban them. This will prevent a significant amount of spam from follow bots and not allow their messages unless the streamer opted out.
    - General trolls. Some people like to join chats just to harass streamers.…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?