Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

98 results found

1. I was looking into the Automod settings on the Creator Dashboard and noticed the various automod categories that are there already. While I think these are very important to have, I would also like to see a misandrist category there as well.

I feel that having both the Misandrist and Misogyny are important to have for the safety of all streamers / content creators on the platform.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. Automod continuously ignores words and phrases that we've allowed for the filter, and it means moderators / streamers have to continuously permit the same phrases over and over. I moderate for queer content creators, and we have to permit "kisses him" at least once a stream. It's incredibly frustrating to try to work with moderation tools that censor innocent comments, when we've explicitly allowed those phrases through the filter.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We should be able to add single character wildcards for special characters in other languages alphabets such as Cyrillic and Hebrew. Currently when setting a filter for *ю* we get "That term is too short and will not be enforced." This would make moderating easier for strictly English based streams where viewers ignore the stream language tags, spoken language and language written in chat, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The word "жид" is a normal ukrainian word used by ukrainian poets and writers of all sorts throughout centuries, which is used to call people with jewish nationality. It has no offensive meaning at all, same as in polish.
    However, this word is offensive ONLY in russian and many ukrainian streamers are deleting chat messages with word "жид" being afraid to get banned by twitch moderators.
    Please make a clear statement that this word has no offensive connotation and can be safely used, because rn it looks like banning word "russian", many ppl find it offensive but it is just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I think it wouldt be awesome if there where a feature in the Automod to track links in Chat. That wouldt be better than just fully block every links, so the mods can look what the link is and allow or disallow it for the chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. please simplify adding to banned terms phrases using twitch automod / command for /addblockedterm would help a ton

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Attempting to use the word redneck in one's stream title will result in an error suggesting this conflicts with Twitch's policy.

Redneck is not a particularly offensive word, and there are a lot of games that use this word in the title. Immortal Redneck, Redneck Rampage, Redneck Racers to name a few.

It's a bit silly not being able to accurately title your stream due to this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There is a pop artist from the 80's who's music i might mention on occasion or make song requests in the appropriate streams. However as soon as i mention that name, i ALWAYS get punished by automod. i can never successfully post that name.
    it is the name of an artist who sung classics, such as: "the riddle", "i won't let the sun go down", "would'nt it be good".
    However automod instantly thinks his name is an attempt at getting around the spelling of a highly popular banned word.
    This disruption by automod prevents these songs from being played when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unsure what happened, but I cannot Whisper anymore.... Whisper says don't share personal info; got it, sharing passwords is st00pid. I sent my websites and phone number to those I wanted to collaborate with on coding projects for emoji.. There is nothing to appeal in the Appeals Center (appeals.twitch.tv), no notices given, and no information on any of these pages that I can find. I've searched and searched. I started this to expand my connections and play for the whole world. A basic tool has been removed from my kit, and I've lost messages forgetting it eats my Whispers. Please…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Addition to the New Shared User system, Adding to the Automod system.
    If someone is monitored in a chat im sharing with or shared with, and they come to my chat or to theirs, their message first message/Messages should be automatically AutoModded regardless of circumstances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ecently, we have noticed a number of malicious users posting obscene comments, reporting the channel, and having the channel suspended.
    When the distributor is busy or the moderator is unavailable, the channel is suspended before the comment can be deleted.
    We request an AutoMod for the number of characters in comments to prevent this behavior.
    If the number of characters is too large, we would like it to be put on hold.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It's kind of crazy that this is even allowed to be used. It's used by the Dutch audience when there is Dutch content or a Dutch sounding person on stream.

I get that they want to be like PogU a Dutch person but using "Gekoloniseerd" is not the appropriate way of doing it. Colonization has deep rooted history in ***** trade and the repression/massacre of native people.

I would like to see Twitch put in changes to prevent this from being used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi there,

As an IRL fishing streamer - The word S***o is a very common nickname used for Samson fish that I catch (Please just Google Samson Fish nickname, I don't wish to get into trouble). You will find that 99/100 Australians will call it this nickname, probably me being the only 1 who will now only refer to it as Samson. It is going to be very difficult to avoid audio capturing of someone using the nickname for this fish live on my streams, when I engage with random people in public.

This only just came to light recently…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. This function is intended for filtering political discussions or statements in the chat.
    To this day, the streamer still has to point out in order to prevent such things in the chat. It is also not uncommon for political debates to continue in the same stream. So the creator and moderators need to watch out for people who don't follow the streamer's words.
    This function can help the creator and moderators to keep the chat clean.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  15. o nome do emote gera conflitos com as configurações de alguns canais, pois o streamer bloqueia a palavra "gay" para evitar ofensas mas acaba banindo o emote por consequência

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hello, I have recently discovered that Twitch considers the following words to be against content guidelines:

Gay
    Trans
    Transexual

I am asking that these words be whitelisted in support of Twitch's vast queer community. It can be assumed these words were banned to cut down on trolling in the communities. However, I feel it should be the people who misuse these words who are regulated and punished. Not the queer people who's identities are being attacked and invalidated by having these words banned. This month is pride month and Twitch is showcasing queer creators on the front page every day…

364 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  17. How is such a large company so utterly incompetent, it is honestly ridiculous. i posted this message and it was denied due to conflicts?

"i guess the perspective he draws at makes it hard to convey"

what in this message was at all problematic??

Am i meant to guess what the random naughty word is? Why dont you say what isn't allowed. truly insane.

also the effort to fine this forum is excessive.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  18. Blacklist a phrase so that any messages containing the phrase are not displayed, currently the only way to achieve this is by using a 3rd party plug-in which can only censor the phrase, however, the rest of the message is still visible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The current solution for automod is not customizable. It bases a lot of rules on sliders without allowing users to customize wordlists per rule. This is why people use external bots for stuff like this. But that introduces a problem of messages still going into chat.

Streamers/mods need the ability to specify rule:
    - Name
    - To who rule applies for (ability to exclude vips/subs (per tier))
    - Wordlist/regex/limiters (caps/emotes/repeating words)

If this would be too much work at least expose the ability to connect to the interface that stops message before it gets sent so people can connect their…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The blocked terms automatically filters uppercase and lowercase together for all entries. It would be great to have a tick box to decide if we want to block terms with a single specific capitalization (teSt) or all possible ones (test, Test, TEst, etc..).

Example: for blocking specific words using L lowercase as a misused i (TWlTCH=> TWLTCH => TWITCH). This can apply to links with specific capitalization, emotes and more.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?