Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Charity

ATTENTION! Regarding charity requests...

The charity tool is now fully integrated with the PayPal Giving Fund, so if your charity is registered there, you should be able to find it to start a fundraising campaign. In the case you find your charity missing, please reach out to the organization regarding registering with the PayPal Giving Fund. You can learn more about how to sign up your charity here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-charity-charities. For more information on Twitch’s Charity Tool, please feel free to access our FAQ Help Article: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-charity-faqs.

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea to check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Upvoting existing ideas will increase the weight behind the idea, as opposed to multiple similar requests (we will combine these anyway)
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information
If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Charity

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

145 results found

1. There is a lot of ronald mcdonald house charities but there is not the french version, can you add it please. ?

https://www.fondation-ronald-mcdonald.fr/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be really helpful for mods to be able to view the donation list with donor names and amounts during the charity stream because they are often the ones who help prioritize and deliver the rewards. I had a lot of trouble with this last night my first time doing a charity stream with Twitch’s tool - everything got very confusing for keeping the song requests going in order. (Music stream) thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. To provide a positive and safe living environment for hurting, abused, neglected and at risk children placed privately and by the North Carolina department of social services. To provide care to abused, neglected, abandoned and at risk children up to age 21. Formed in 1946 also a non-profit organization!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to see a few UK/Global charities added to the feature such as ones for Autism and music

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There are many charities and institutions that are enrolled on the Paypal Giving Fund and that don't show up as options to create a fundraiser in the Twitch Charity Board.
    There doesn't even seem to be an option to fundraise for any charities in Portugal...
    This should really get fixed asap, knowing that Christmas is around the corner and people will want to fundraise during the season.

For example: Portuguese UNICEF https://www.paypal.com/PT/fundraiser/charity/3656552

Or even the Red Cross: https://www.paypal.com/PT/fundraiser/charity/3656555

and other associations https://www.paypal.com/PT/fundraiser/charity/4121444

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Admin →
  6. Twitch should allow an option for partnership or simple collaboration among organizations. As a representative for The McCandle Project, I have been struggling to reach out to Twitch with a very simple but positive idea. Our inquiry has been too get help from Twitch with a small campaign, but we have heard so little in return. Our proposition would hopefully allow communities to engage more with digital advocacy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. I am loving the new Charity options and it helped me kick off my first fundraiser! I would love to see an option for an on screen alert/ browser source from Twitch so we can better recognize the folks that are helping out. Showing it in the chat can get lost during faster conversations and I believe in recognition for those that go above and beyond by helping out.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. Give charities the ability to launch a Twitch Channel with a badge (e.g. :bleedpurple:) and instead of a subscribe button offer a SUPPORT button that shows the option to make a donation or start a fundraising campaign.

Allow charities to create events that are visible in the creator dashboard -- this would be useful right now (September 19th) as creators are looking for ways to support PR and if they fundraise on Twitch instead of Tiltify or StreamLabs the funds are not earmarked specifically for PR.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be nice to have some UK based charities and smaller charities like preschools I have one based in my village which is charity based called foulsham and bintree playgroup it would be nice to be able to support them when I streamed on Facebook they used to have a section where you could type the charity name in and it would find it because they are charity registered that was about the only good thing about streaming on Facebook

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Before all you "bully fans" go after me, I'm from a country where these dogs are banned for a good reason. Pits, bullys or whatever they're rebranded as this week are fighting dogs (not nanny dogs as some folks claim) they're bred to be violent. Just as retrievers will retrieve, pits will fight and attack. It's a proven fact. There are countless examples of them attacking other dogs, cats and children unprovoked, causing catastrophic harm.

Any charity advocating for them should not be supported by Twitch's charity platform.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. The new fundraiser feature looks great, but it's missing a crucial feature for many events: the ability for multiple people to stream for the same campaign. Adding the ability to let other people (either by invite, members of your stream team, or open to anyone) stream for your campaign would make this feature a lot more useful for larger charity events on Twitch.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Twitch's official Twitch Charity integration currently creates a Donate button that replaces the Subscribe button; however, viewers can still choose to Subscribe during these charity streams, and there's no mechanism for Bits to be used to donate.

Twitch Charity is explicitly marketed as a way to avoid having to count Subs/Bits as part of the donation process, and yet Twitch Charity does not change this issue whatsoever. Streamers would still have to manually calculate their income from a charity stream and donate that amount (potentially having to wait for their next payout to be able to do so, in some…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The creation of a Twitch Charity extension would enable streamers to add a panel to their "About Me" area which automatically displays the names of all the charities they have raised money for, the total amount raised for each one, and perhaps the date the fundraiser ended. This would be a wonderfully helpful feature!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bonjour,
    L'association que je veux soutenir est bien inscrit sur PayPal Giving Fund, mais n'apparait pas sur Twitch, j'ai contacté Paypal qui ne mdit de voir avec vous, et dans votre page d'aide il n'y a aucune rubrique en rapport avec les campagnes caritatives.
    Pourriez-vous m'aider. l'association en question est : Association française des Cephalées.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  Ana responded

Thank you for letting us know. We definitely will look into this, as it should show on the charity tool in this case. I'll check back in with you as soon as we have an update. Thank you for your patience, and apologies for the inconvenience!

15. There are many reputable indigenous charities, as well as others for mental health, homelessness, cancer, etc. that exist outside of America. Why not have all of those in the list? I refuse to fundraise for American charities as a non-American resident/citizen. Where's Australia's recognition? Where's NZ? UK? Europe? America just isn't that important to the rest of us...

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We should be able to create or use Charity Emotes but it not effect our existing emotes to our dashboard or streams. Basically additional emotes for the greater good. - AMP

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow streamers the ability to fundraise for multiple charities at the same time so viewers can choose 1 they personally can relate to that the streamer supports. As a charity streamer, I offer 6 charities as when I was rotating through someone asked me why they had to wait to donate & how they could donate immediately.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There's a typo in an already approved charity. There are accidentally two "N"s in Centre: Distress Cenntre of Ottawa

Sorry if this isn't the right place, everything kept leading me here. Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. Maybe I'm missing how to do it, but It seems that the Charity Button can only be seen on desktops/laptops but not on those viewing on their phones or tablets. We need to make it available everywhere.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. Assign a staff member to review the charities which are listed within the creator dashboard. While trying to do research into the charity i wanted to support, i realized many charities had dead URLs or Typos. We want to do good in our communities however it makes it a little difficult to trust the organizations listed when there are broken links and typos.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?