Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12 results found

1. Add an "Adult"category so I can filter out the hot tub and/or lingerie/bikini streams from Just Chatting list. If my mom or dad ever saw me browsing through Just Chatting they'd think I was watching p*rn.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently, Companion game apps do not link to their main game like Expansions do. Right now if you look at a main games or mobile app's page, there's really nothing short of a casual note in the description (if an editor added a description).

Ex.
    PSO2, PSO2es
    WoW, WoW Armory

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!
    We discussed Companion apps as a data for consideration, and decided not to get involve with this for the time being.
    It’s an interesting suggestion for sure, but not something we would add at this point at least.
    This involves very few games, and we would have to double check whether the apps are official or not.

Maybe in the future though, thanks!

3. BKOOL Cycling, can you add this Categorie in sports?

https://www.bkool.com/en

Mvh
    Odd K.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm not personally a fan of these titles, but I feel it would be helpful if we had a more high level flag for these entries. I feel this would have several benefits over a simple keyword, such as filtering search if you want to include or omit these titles, or on the Twitch side that would serve as an instant highlight in the categories that would appear next to the game itself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! we know Crypty/NFT games are getting bigger. Some love them, others don't. However, at this point we see no good reason to add it as a genre and/or a theme. Maybe at a later stage, but for now we will stick with our keywords. Thanks!

6. Amazon Luna is Amazon's latest jump into the video game industry and certain games like Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Complete Edition are marked as Amazon Fire TV, when they were released on the Luna streaming service.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

This was actually omitted on purpose so far. Amazon Luna was deemed a service, rather than a platform in the traditional sense.

We recently launched a Luna integration where you can find Play on Luna links on IGDB game pages (visible only if your are in the US). Our plan going forward is to provide accurate and up to date information about where games are available and accessible which may include cloud services, subscriptions, game stores etc..

Hope this helps!

7. Can u please add PUBG Lite as a new category? Its a different game comparing to the original steam version of playerunknown's battlegrounds . My viewers sometimes are confused when I use the steam versions category, but I play PUBG Lite. These are 2 different games. https://www.igdb.com/games/pubg-lite
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! On the database side this seems to be correctly labeled, as a Port of the main PUBG game.

We could look into forcing this as a category on Twitch, but unfortunately it also seems that it was recently announced that PUBG Lite will stop being supported and go offline in a couple of weeks. So it likely wouldn’t be fit for streaming anymore?
    If you’d still like a category created we would suggest reaching out to the Discovery Uservoice here: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310210-discover

Thanks!

8. Add known rom hashes to allow searching api by a hash value. This could return an exact match based on the file contents for applications that are using the roms directly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Sorry but we have no plans at the moment to include such a feature, as we do not have roms data.

Thanks for suggesting though!

9. Add ability to get information about critic and user reviews through the API

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Unfortunately we terminated such private endpoints in the API last year already.
    Critics review sharing is a little complicated right now the current and upcoming EU laws on redistributed content. And user reviews are private information we are being careful about redistributing as they can be used to identify and trace back individuals.

10. Add ability to get voice actors for a specific game through API

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!
    This is a good suggestion, however this is a type of data we are not actively supporting.

The goal of our API is to make high quality data available continuously. At the moment we can’t guarantee the quality of voice acting and end credit unfortunately as we are not focusing on this data.
    While technically we do have some of that data to share, it’s spotty at best and out of date. So we rather not put it out there since it would not showcase good quality of information.

When we return to actively focusing on building coverage for this data however, making it available is definitely worth looking into again!

11. Currently streamer which are coding are listed in the category "Science & Technology".
    Caused by is broad nature there are also streams of chicken/duck cams, interactive games, learning and tech talks. Currently it is sometimes difficult to find people that are actually programming stuff, which could be improved by a dedicated category.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think it'd be great to have creative programs (I have no idea the legal hullaballoo) like Premiere Pro, Photoshop etc. as a category; maybe it'd drive new creators to a kind of ripple effect of more channels and viewers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!
    Unfortunately we would not add these, as IGDB we strictly focus on video games only so we would not add creative softwares to the database.

That sounds like it would be a good suggestion for Twitch Support though about new non-gaming directories :)

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?