Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. I was thinking about how to increase the amount of user reviews and interactivity between members and think this may be the best solution. Right now there is a section for recently reviewed games, but that doesn't seem to be showing user reviews? (Clicking on most items returns nothing, may be recently rated?) This would give more incentive to leave reviews which would appear on the front page for a short amount of time. Could be as simple as Game Cover art, reviewer name and rating, with a link to the game page, a more advanced method would be to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In lists, I see that you can export those lists into csv files. However, when I go to view them, they don't have the user's personal rating, which I feel like is an important data point if someone wants to see their lists.

Essentially, this request is for a new column alongside the average user rating called "Personal Rating".

If no personal rating exists, it can either be 0 or empty.

Thank you for all your hard work!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A rating breakdown for your own scores, it could be the same rating breakdown as seen on game pages.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make the rating stars on the game page visible from the game's position on a list so that it can be rated without having to open a new page for every single game.

Here's a mock-up in list view:
    https://imgur.com/a/W80TFQU

For grid view, a similar approach to letterboxd's database could be taken:
    https://imgur.com/a/tsu3JO6

This website has a much more robust database than IMDB, but it has a huge disadvantage in how much slower it is to make ratings.

Having to go to each games individual page to make a rating is extremely tedious, especially for new database users who have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. https://pedia.watcha.com/en-KR/

This website is a Korean website called "Watchapedia" which is a user review webstie of movies and TV shows. This website is basically based on humongous number of simple user review of each contents. Users easily can rate with 1 to 10 point system into thier watched contents, and using these big data, AI gives each user what to watch next. I think this idea is very useful and also adaptable to game industry too. How about enhancing rating system into next level and making some progress similar to "Watchapedia"?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When You Post a review it simply "vanishes" but isn't shown anywhere, so I thought It didn't process my Review. I was told it is because of Spam, it takes some time.

Would be great to have some Notification or Hint that it takes some time to process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?