Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hey!

Seeing that there are already both screenshots, and Artworks it would be great to also be able to add game logos.
    I make covers often from official artworks so I usually end-up downloading transparent logos at the same time anyway.

Thanks!

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New Data Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey! yes this is a great suggestion, we’ve definitely been wanting to expand our Game Media coverage with logos.
    Especially for PressKits for example.

2. As I was in the process of adding a game to the database, I was shown a list of fields into which I could enter URLs to that game's pages on various stores (Steam, GOG, Epic, etc.) but there was no URL field for the Microsoft Store. Why? The Microsoft Store has to be one of the most popular digital game sources. When IGDB adds a field for a Microsoft Store URL, I will edit the game's entry on IGDB to add a link to that game's Microsoft Store page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New Data Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Heya! Thanks for the suggestion, definitely a good one.

As a matter of fact we have plans this year to introduce stores, and possibly linking them to “Platforms”. You are correct that windows, XOne, X360 etc.. all have different stores so they would need separate implementation.

Stay tuned!

3. I'm having an issue where preforming API searches doesn't return games that exists on the IGDB site.

For example, these two Pokemon games exist on IGDB:
    https://www.igdb.com/games/pokemon-x
    https://www.igdb.com/games/pokemon-y

But when I search via the API I get no results back.

I'm searching this endpoint:
    https://api-v3.igdb.com/games

And here's my search body:
    search "Pokémon x"; fields id,name,cover.imageid,firstrelease_date; where cover != null; limit 5;

I get an empty JSON result.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there.
    Search in the API is indeed in need of a big overhaul, this is planned and in our backlog, unfortunately it isn’t on our immediate roadmap and therefore not currently being worked on.
    Apologies in the meantime, we will keep our API community up to date as soon as work on this feature begins.

4. Have more options in the personalise home screen that change the categories that show, and maybe change the locations like widgets.

Bee able to see suggested games (based on ratings), see karma hunter categories (missing credits, missing screenshots), be able to make the coming soon big like the popular games right now etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search & Discover  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey!

Awesome suggestion thank you. Revisiting the homepage is definitely planned in the future. Right now we do have filters by platforms that will impact the games reviewed and the coming soon/recently released sections.

Being able to showcase more community driven games, such as rated, reviewed or contributed is definitely one good option.

We’ll have announcements when we return to this! thanks

5. There is already a wealth of video types one can choose from when uploading a video related to a game, but commercials for a game are not included. These commercials often give an insight into the culture of the era in which the game was released, or occasionally have some lore or culture of their own.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey!
    Good news! We discussed this internally, and thought it would indeed be a great addition!

We’ll be adding a new category for our videos labeled Commercial Trailer.

We’ll be in touch once it’s done and live! Thanks again for the suggestion :)

6. Apparently there was previously features for adding a custom profile pic and banner which were disabled. If that's the case it would be great to bring those back, I can't see them doing any harm. More personalisation is appreciated on sites such as these. It would also be nice to display some kind of bio in the "Overview" section (there's even space in the middle perfect for it) as well as a possible list of consoles/platforms owned.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey!

I can confirm this is definitely in the works. When we switched to Twitch logins after the acquisition we had to terminate our own user upload feature for safety and privacy reasons. The current plan is to add the ability to sync your IGDB profile Avatar & Banners with your Twitch profile, so it would be one seamless account across both.

Adding extra to the profile itself is something we very much would like to do, some work has even already put into this. Unfortunately however this isn’t currently on our roadmap and priority list for the short term. But soon!

Thanks!

7. Add more external game sources

such as

• uplay / uplay connect

• epic

Add more website sources

such as

• uplay / uplay connect

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Barry!
    Yes absolutely this is planned. While External Games and External Websites are separate they are closely related and may tackle them together.

For External Games this will be a big focus for us going forward.
    Stay tuned!

8. Currently IGDB's release date options don't allow for tracking both a game's initial early access release and the date at which it was declared to be in full release — e.g. Hades was originally released in early access for Windows on 12/6/18 and went into full release for Windows, Mac and Switch on 09/17/20. Currently, there can only be one Windows release date. Not only does this create ambiguity as to which date a page should go with, but ultimately both are valuable information and should be included on the page – there are contexts in which users will want…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!
    This is an excellent suggestion, and in fact something we’ve been wanting to have for a while.
    It is in our backlog to indeed allow for more than one release date, early access is a great example but it is also applicable to other game status indeed.

No ETA, but absolutely something we will be looking at in the future!

9. This one I never really considered until I came across multiple good examples, and they are a step above Tiger Electronics games.

Plug-and-Play TV Games, or Handheld TV Games were cheap, "toy-isle" games that hooked up directly to a TV to play one-off titles, coming with a cheap controller or even a light-gun.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HandheldTVgame

TMNT examples:
    http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/tmnt/tmnt13.htm

I wouldn't look to add each and every one as a Platform, but a generic "Plug-and-Play" Platform like the legacy Mobile Platform could help give these a Platform to live on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

We looked into this and thought it was a good fit for sure. We might end up tackling this at the same time as better handling of similar platforms such as Tiger electronics.

Thanks!

10. Right now there seems to be some confusion with the available options for Genres and Themes. Some options are missing, others are in Themes whereas they would make more sense in Genres, and yet others are way too broad to be descriptive and informative.

My suggestion is first to determine what is a Genre and what is a Theme, and convey that to all the data contributors. I suggest to define "Genre" as something that indicates HOW the game is played (gameplay rules and elements), and "Theme" as something that indicates WHERE the game is played (setting and lore elements).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

First of all thanks a lot for putting this table together, this for sure will become handy when we research this further.

We’ve been wanting to revamp our Genres/Themes/Keywords for a while, it’s a fairly big undertaking that implies a taxonomy upgrade.
    We’ve discussed making use of a sub categories to avoid redundancy and more accuracy for example.

While this isn’t on our radar just yet, i would say it is pretty high up our list of feature upgrade. We’ll keep in touch when we start this project!

11. Something that can become rather repetitive and even prevent users from adding all the Add-ons for a given title is repetitively entering the same data points over and over.

It would be extremely helpful if you set an entry to be an Addon, Expansion, Version or other relevant entry to copy all data relevant data from the original title.

Such as:
    - Categorization fields
    - Company fields
    - Websites
    - Engine
    - Age Ratings

Ex. LittleBigPlanet

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Excellent suggestion, in fact we have something very similar in our Backlog already, with a ‘inherit data from parent’ feature.

It’s just at an idea stage for now, but we’ll look into planning in in accordance with our roadmap as soon as possible.
    Cheers!

12. The element used for browsing lists of games that fit a certain page’s criteria (e.g. game engine pages, category/keyword pages, franchise pages) sometimes does not display the pagination, preventing users from seeing any games beyond the first 10 shown. Changing the sort mode can allow you to see a different slice of 10 games, thus verifying that there should be additional pages visible.

some examples:
    https://www.igdb.com/gameengines/bitsy
    https://www.igdb.com/gameengines/pico-8
    https://www.igdb.com/game_engines/twine
    https://www.igdb.com/categories/homestar-runner
    https://www.igdb.com/categories/real-time-battles
    https://www.igdb.com/franchises/homestar-runner

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search & Discover  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Heya! Indeed definitely a bug, we’ve added this into our backlog and will look at a fix as soon as possible.
    Thanks!

13. Often when entering different Themes, Game-types, and/or Genres to define or classify a title, it is often up to the Editor's personal definition to what entails each category. Some may feel a "Shooter" only means FPS, others may include Shmups, or anything that fires a gun like Mega Man.

It would be very helpful to have a defined definition for each category display when entering each one into a Edit page by hovering your mouse pointer over the entry.

Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/114736716505546761/458320386275409964/715373659681980507

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Edits & Contributions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

So, we actually used to have Tool Tips on our game edits, specifically for the Franchise and Series field.

This feature broke at some point during our infrastructure migration post-acquisition, and disabled it.

Now, we absolutely would like to bring this back indeed, and expand to more fields. As we are not constantly adding new data points and are putting a big focus right now on our contribution tools this is an excellent suggestion.

We’ll take a look at the best places to implement them!

14. It would be nice to add 'hardware bundles' of games to the database. With NES & SNES Classic Mini, Mega Drive Mini, Neo Geo Classic, Playstation Classic Mini, Capcom home arcade, 1Up Arcades and several other mini consoles on the market, it would be nice to integrate those as 'hardware bundles' - bundles of existing games that are bundled in one hardware release.
    it could be realised with a dedicated category like Main Game, DLC, Bundle,… or just marked as Bundle. The platform where it is released could be either specific for each release or could be one general "hardware…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Data Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Heya!
    We recently discussed adding the ‘retro classic’ mini consoles on IGDB, likely as a Version to the main consoles.

While that would help having the data for the hardware itself, currently we wouldn’t be able to have a listing of game for a particular console version. Which can prove tricky for some specific edge cases, Starfox 2 comes to mind being exclusive to SNES Mini for example.

I can confirm adding to those consoles is on our backlog as an initial step, platform Bundles though would probably be a separate task.

Thanks!

15. If a title is listed as an Episode (a game that continues a core story released in stages and/or uses the same game save data), it does not list the other Episodes in the series as Bundles or Expansions do. Currently, you can only link to a single title, and there is no means of stepping to the previous or next Episode.

Ex.
    a) .hack//Infection Part 1, .hack//Mutation Part 2, .hack//Outbreak Part 3, .hack//Quarantine Part 4

b) Virtually all Telltale games.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is actually in the backlog and already prioritised.
    We’re looking at implementing a fresh way of displaying Additional Content on game pages, which would include Episodes.

Stay tuned!

• Don't see your idea?