Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. Slots for streamer specific emotes that only streamers and mods can use.
    For example:
    Tier 1 Emotes
    Tier 2 Emotes
    Tier 3 Emotes
    Bits Emotes
    Streamer Emotes

These emotes can ONLY be used by streamers/mods and be used to do commands like !hype that can auto generate the emotes in chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have so many emotes from streamers that I currently follow and no longer follow due to bit unlock emotes. It would be nice to only see the emotes I care to see. Recently used doesn't really help because it keeps emotes there that I don't want to use anymore.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. What it says on the tin. Right now the tier system is one of the most under utilized features on twitch. There's no incentive for the viewer to want to spend added money on a tier 2 or 3 sub other than to be supportive. Tier 3 for $25 unlocks... 2 emotes. That's $12.50 an emote. Horrible value.

However, if Twitch allows tier 3 to use a channels follower emotes anywhere, that could be worth the $25 value. At least, it's more worthwhile than the current underutilized system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I get that you loose follower emotes when you unfollow the affiliate/partner on Twitch, but what if you get banned from their channel yet you still have an active subscription for their channel? I feel that you shouldn't have them anymore as it may trigger some immature behavior if you disliked that streamer. If you're banned from an affiliated/partnered streamer, you shouldn't have their emotes in your library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Describe more clearly that for example the Emote Chat and other modes are timely restricted functions for moderation and nobody should use it to abuse its viewers. It's not helpful for anyone to use a follower-only chat to grow a channel or use emote-only chat to be a lazy mod, channel owner, or have no mod in the chat at all.
    The best way would be to communicate more clearly what the functionality of those modes is for OR restrict the general use to 600 seconds.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Emotes are a key part of twitch, to the point that you can often convey more with just a certain emote than with a message.

Many people would love to see emotes displayed in the maximum size in chat.
    I'm guessing there are probably some limitations in in-line emote display tied to text pixels or something (either for practical reasons or esthetic reasons)...
    ...but some platforms have a solution for this, and I'm hoping it can be implemented on twitch.

In Discord, in-line emotes are displayed small, similar to Twitch, however, when ONLY emotes are used, they are displayed at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add follower emote to the list of emotes returned in the emote API

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. please add, or make follower only emotes on twitchdev twitch channel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tell Streamers raiding out if the chat/steamer they are raiding into are in follower/sub/emote only mode. I raided a person tonight who I was already following, so at no point did it tell me they we're in this mode. I even checked out their stream live before raiding and no clue they we're in follower only mode.
    Please can streamers have something that pops up and says you are raiding a follower only chat - are you happy to continue" then is our choice to select yes or know and pre-warn our community!

Raiding to follower only abseloutly killed my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch has so many great emotes. Maybe consider adding a poppy emote that we can use on Memorial Day and Armistice Day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Not sure I am putting this in the proper place, but figured I would give it a shot. In Dec. 2021 an emote I had been using since 2018 was suddenly determined to be obscene. It was a baby **** emoji ( I will include a link to it), nothing obscene at all. Anyway, now I can not upload Follower Emoted until December 2023 because my instant uploads were denied because of the supposedly obscene emote. I was told there is no appeals process or manual review or anything of that nature. 1. Two years is a very long punishment…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. My idea is simply to have follower emotes able to be used on mobile devices no matter the carrier with text messages. Be it iOS, Android, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The small pop-up picker for modified emotes renders underneath the main emote picker boundary, causing it to be cut off on certain emotes on the far left or right sides of the picker. Depending on which emote I'm looking at, I will either see all, some, or one of the available modified versions. This makes a fair number of these emotes unusable as I have no way of selecting them.

https://i.imgur.com/RpfGF3r.png is an example (from channel The_Betus). The picker for the first emote cuts off two modified versions, the second cuts off one version, and the last shows all 4…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When a streamer is suspended for nearly any offense there is a seemingly random (from the users POV) chance they will lose access to instant upload emotes and follower emotes PERMENENTLY (yes this happens.. a lot). This isn't really a fair or not fair issue, but results in a lot of fear and anger at the random permabans of features for a short term suspension (which was the REAL punishment)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Recently, a streamer I follow had a few of their emotes removed without warning, some of their most popular emotes. Twitch Support couldn't give them a straight answer as to why. These emotes were approved by Twitch staff since they didn't have instant emote approval when they were made, but they got removed after months and months AND the streamer's instant approval privileges got revoked. They just got the email saying their emotes were removed. They were deemed "sexual," (even though they aren't sexual, and there are much worse emotes out there), and they couldn't challenge the moderation - emailing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A way to see times streamed somehow. Its hard to keep track when follower emotes would get unlocked especially if a stream has stretched over multiple dates, (midnight streams) and shows up on the graph as two pillars
    I believe there used to be an achievement for tracking something like this, but i could remember wrong.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Follower emotes are a great idea, however, currently they hold no real value. A lot of streamers use BTTV/FFZ and have 50 or more emotes for anyone to use in their own chat.
    However, rewarding followers that actually come back to your stream a lot would be great! Perhaps it would be possible to give people access to follower emotes in other channels if they spend at least X amount of hrs or X% of a streamer's typical streamtime in their stream (per week or month or whatever).

It rewards coming back, but doesn't take away too much fire away…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Emote Slot For Only Founders

The founder badge is great for when a subscriber is currently subbed but giving them one permanent emote slot as a perk would be great. Recently Twitch has added follower emotes, and animated emotes for affliates. I think this would make a great addition to the recent emote accessibility expansions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Handynutzern ist es nur sehr erschwert möglich die Followemotes zu nutzen, da diese selbst beim Namen getippt werden müssen und für den Nitzer selbst auch im Chat nicht sichtbar sind

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?