Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. Give users the option to remove emotes from their list. There will be some that people won't want eg. bit emotes of a streamer they had bad experiences with, or the Hype train emotes pushing channel emotes with Hype in their name way down the list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have a lot of emotes on my channel and everytime I want to write a message, I struggle to find the one I want to use. They switch places all the time.
    We need them to have a static order.

I think it should be:
    1) Follower emotes
    2) T1 emotes
    3) T2 emotes
    4) T3 emotes
    5) T1 animated emotes
    6) Bits emotes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think it would be a really nice perk if all Partners got 1 slot which would be globally available to all twitch users.

To keep the emote list from getting bloated by so many new emotes, perhaps the list would only show global emotes from partners which you follow, or perhaps they are only available to followers, but are usable globally.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Recently, I reached out to Twitch support regarding Follower emotes as I did not have access to them following an infraction from March. As it had been well over the 60 day period and I still did not have access, I decided I would ask support what was going on with it. After a couple days I received a response basically restating the guidelines for Follower emotes.

However, in addition to this response, I noticed that 2 of my emotes which had been approved already had been removed, one for "sexual content" and the other for "political imagery." I was…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Moderators really need the features to do predictions/polls, approve/deny comments caught by automod, rewind the stream to clip easier & to be able to click on a user and see their message history & # of gifted subs, etc. PLEASE PLEASE! it's hard to mod correctly on mobile. The addition of the emote/sub/follower only mode was a HUGE HELP though. Ya'll are on the right track!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This entire concept is detrimental to new affiliates. What's the point of NOT having follower emotes when you have only followers?!?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Follower Emotes are some of the most used emotes in the channel and are sort of a bonding glue, and it's a major emotional disconnect to not be able to whisper these emotes in messages to fans.

Streamers should be able to use their own Follower Emotes. Beyond that, allowing followers or subscribers to whisper the streamer back using those same emotes would be amazing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice to know approximately how long we will have to wait for some of these new features to rollout for affiliates. With the follower emotes I waited months (checking my emotes section daily) to see when they would unlock as I already had emotes waiting. Now I find the same thing happening for animated emotes. I rushed some animated emotes hoping I would have them immediately and I am now in the same cycle checking daily as I have no way of knowing when my channel will actually get the slots.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Would like to be able to send an (authorized) API request to rename one emote to another, for example swapping an "angel/halo" emote with a "devil/horns" emote, or mixing up (or unmixing) all emotes for a redemption so that anyone typing an emote gets something random. Would be a fun way to interact with chat but there is no way to do it without manually deleting/reuploading the emotes in question, or renaming them to temporary names, swapping, etc... all by hand. Not very spontaneous/fun/interactive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Because follower emotes can only be used in the channel which they are unlocked, it would make sense to let follower emotes be shaped like individual letters, since those emotes aren't able to be used elsewhere to circumvent chat rules.

Personally, I have wanted to have Tetris-related emotes for some time, but because the pieces are letter-shaped (LJSZTOI), I cannot reflect this significant part of my channel. I understand why these emotes can be harmful on other channels, but when they are restricted to just my own, I should be allowed to take the risk that people will be less-than-wholesome…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I had problem with the follower emotes not showing for me in the menu but after some time i got the info that they don't show if the BTTV or FFZ emote menu are active, atleast the FFZ seem to be the one most hindering this. the one feature that I use FFZ for is that you favorite emotes you have access to, and would you lose access to them and then get them back, they are still flagged as favorite.
    This has been very helpful for me since sometime the emote I want to use is not under "Recent"…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. With all the events going on like Pride Emotes and now HyperScape Emotes it would be nice to trade emotes with each other? would be cool if this was allowed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When it comes to emotes, sometimes a fantastic image completely loses its’ luster when it is scaled down from 112x112 to 28x28. Upping the emote display size across the board would undoubtedly cause latency issues when it comes to chat, but what if we gave the broadcaster or viewer (not both) to set the size option at which the emotes are displayed? The 112 and 56 sizes are already notated (provided when submitting an emote), so emotes would not need to be re-submitted.

Proposed:
    Allow viewer to choose what size any emotes are displayed at. If launched, leave current settings…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to see my Follower Emotes appear in the "Frequency Used" section of the chat on other channels for my subscribed users.
    Twitch was recently added the ability to upload Follower Emotes without Instant Upload Eligibility. I have added mainly easy-to-use some emotes there, as I want listeners to feel free to use them. However, the Follower Emotes do not appear in the "Frequency Used" of subscribed users who can also use Follower Emotes on other channels.
    This is not in line with the current Twitch specs where subscribed user can use Follower Emotes on other channels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I believe having follower emotes should mean followers get access to them even if they arent subscribed because then they can use possibly their favorite follower emotes outside of the parent channel's chat. It would give people a taste of the kind of emotes that would be in different subscriber tiers and maybe they will subscribe if they want more. Instead what we have is people having to be subbed to use them outside of the parent channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change the way emotes are named, so that they are generic.
    For example.
    StreamernameSlot1
    StreamerNameSlot2

this will make it so emotes can be changed with no need to update commands if a different emote is used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Its unreasonable that a single suspension should make you completely ineligible to have follower emotes on your channel again. There should be a time period that you cannot have them, but after that period, your channel should get those emote slots back. Especially considering how few slots there currently are for affiliate streamers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have created emotes for my followers - many have been approved - but all of the animated emotes and two of the standard emotes have not been approved for over a month. They are appropriate and just need someone to click an approval button. I am excited to share my work. Please approve them sooner. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be cool if multiple streamers could come together and create emotes that are unlockable by subscribing to both streamers.

For example, I follow two streamers, one has skulls/undead stuff as his emotes, another has squirrel related stuff. They stream the same game, are members of the same community. So, it would be cool if they could have multi-streamer emotes, such as undead squirrels that are unlocked by subscribing to both.

I think this would have multiple benefits, such as cross-streamer community building and incentivize more subscribing site-wide.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option for emote only for non subs/followers so emote only can still have non-VIP and moderators talk. Maybe also do it so if someone has subbed for a longer amount of time, the streamer/mods can let them talk in chat still.
    For example, 2 streamers face each other and chat could report information to the other stream chats. The streamer could then threaten that "You'll be banned if you spoil anything", which then a sub has more to lose meaning they would be less likely to spoil anything. This would also still allow non-subs and followers to interact in chat…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?