Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. When a user connects to IRC, the USERSTATE command gives a emote-sets list, this does not contain unlocked bit emotes and I'm guessing it also doesn't include follower emotes and animated emotes. This should be fixed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Give streamers the ability to unlock additional channel emote slots for having an account in good standing for something like 90 days.

Incentives do wonders for changing habits and creating new routines.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I really needed Emote Analytics, thank you. It is AMAZING.

I suggest you to add a filter that allows to separate emotes based on the different Tiers, Bits and Followers.
    At the moment users who have the possibility to use Tier 3 emotes and Bits emotes are a lower percentage than the whole community, so the lower use of those emotes is due to the fact that there are less users who can use them, not that they are worse than the others, that's why my idea is to add filters, so I can understand easly which are the best…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. r9k mode
    follower mode
    subscriber mode
    emote mode
    slow mode

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm a former affiliate. I still have follower emotes on my channel which I would like to remove or swap out. I am rebranding and the old ones no longer fit the vibe. Can follower emotes just be implemented for non affiliates since its clear that they are able to remain for former affiliates? Can there at least be a way to remove old ones?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Let creators have an option to make certain emote/emotes available if viewer owns one of the creators NFT's.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Twitch

Please remove ANELE emote. It's getting really offensive and annoying the way people are using it these days. As a Muslim guy, I'm really offended by this emote and the way it's being used in chats

Please remove it from Twitch

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why?: To keep creators creating content and spending less time managing emotes

How:

Easy: Implement a field on the emote information to add info like "Halloween" or "Christmas" so we can filter emotes by seasons when changing seasonal emotes

Hard: Program the dashboard to automatically swap emotes based on dates, that way once the emote get's uploaded the creator can designate a date or dates for when the emote should be active.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bit badges go from 1 cent, to a dollar, to 10 dollars, to 50, to 100. Shouldnt there be a 5 dollar bit badge? and maybe a 25? the badges are insanely steep. I'm an affiliate and I can set literally 28 badges, and yet it costs $10 worth of bits to get the third one. I can set 28 badges and yet people wont see any past the first two. As an affiliate, does twitch ever realistically expect someone to donate 5,000,000 bits? Nobody donates bits past the 100 mark to get the second badge. Theres just no bridge…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recently, a streamer I moderate got spam botted, we did our best to disable chat to prevent it any further (Enabling emote only, follow only at the max time, and slow mode at the max time) but still couldn't stop them. I think it would be really good for twitch to add a "Disable chat" option for mods and streamers alike.

Edit: Fixed some grammar/spelling errors to make it easier to understand

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There needs to be a way to remove bit emotes from channels you no longer follow

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have follower emotes in my emote menu from streamers that I no longer follow for one reason or another. There is one I have even blocked and their emotes are still in my menu. Being able to remove/hide categories of emotes/certain streamer sections would be a huge quality of life improvement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. REINSTATE instant upload and follower emotes after suspension. 60 days of reformed streaming and no intention to have a violation again should be enough to gain instant upload back. The requirements are clear but you contradict them saying if you have a suspension you lose all privileges? This is a slap in the face to those who are false reported. It’s a slap to anyone who has an emote wrongly removed.

After 60 days of no infractions affiliates should be allowed to instant upload and have follower emotes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For convenience i think you should be able to edit your emote from the library rather than having to delete it and reupload it

Some examples include
    • Changing the name of the emote
    • Changing the emote but not the name (maybe you recommissioned it or redrew it)
    • Changing the portrait of an animated emote
    • Changing the "easy animate" of an animated emote

Depending on the change the emote could go to revision if instant upload has not been unlocked, this deletes the process of having to delete an emote for a minor edit

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Follower emotes to be used for raids for a limited time so users can be apart of the raid message without using budget global emotes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The v5 GetUserEmotes does not include bit emotes, follower emotes or animated emotes. This should be updated. Or a new endpoint should be added to Helix to get this information.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. hello, From being with twitch for 3-4 years i start to think maybe for twitch turbo and non twitch turbo we should have this emote XD as well with those other emote of the smiles and etc. Reason is most phones has that emote and other devices so why not have Twitch account Turbo and non Turbo have that emote too. i hope i am not alone with this idea and not alone who is thinking this too. B) B)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. After receiving penatlies for suspensions, 2 years we have to wait until we get follower emote priveleges and auto upload of emotes back. Honestly 2 years is a VERY long time. Especially when Suspensions and bans are often grey areas and not against TOS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. a solid 10 (TEN or more) emotes for 50 sub points should be a must. it take a LOT to get to that point for us small streamers, why not an even 10 (2 once you get from 35 to 50 feel even more rewarding) and 5 animated. (perhaps 1 more for each Tier 2 and 3 spots as well. The other issue, the 5 follower emotes... 1 YEAR.... ONE. not 2 years of affiliate would be so much better.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Several channels use third‑party libraries to expand the emotes available. These emotes can be used for free by anyone installing these libraries, and these emotes acts like the viewers are subscribed. These streamers encourage their viewers to install these libraries.

Issues arise where it creates a divide between viewers who have and viewers who don't have these libraries, and having viewers rely on third‑party extensions for their Twitch‑viewing. Some of these libraries are also fighting and creating a worse experience when multiple libraries are combined. Viewers can also install a third‑party Twitch‑app on their phone to see and use these…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?