Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. A Badge for a Game developer that says 'DEV' in a box next to their name. It'll help player identify game developers of the game they are playing! You could code it to where the dev badge only shows up when the catagory is set to the proper game.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Optional badge for users who stream and not just view streams. This would give faster shoutout-response when streamer/moderator notices the (new&unknown) streaming viewer without the need to check users channel for everyone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. На твиче есть функция "серия просмотров" этот параметр показывает сколько раз вы смотрели стрим без пропуска, почему бы не добавить особые значки и смайлы за значительные числа, даже 30 и 50 это не маленькое достижение для зрителя, хотелось бы выделить его особенность в участии на каждом стриме, предлагаю добавить значки/смайлы, к примеру "камера" "маяк" или "глаз" которые будут эксклюзивны для зрителя который смог набрать определенное число, это пример как может выглядеть данная награда так что полёт фантазии за вами, однако хочу подчеркнуть одну важную вещь- значёк/смаил не должен терятся даже после потери серии просмотров, будет очень обидно если случайное отключение…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello, dear Twitch support community. Sword is way too aggressive and underrepresenting the role. Hammer would represent a 'banhammer' and shield would be a great icon to show that moderator is protecting the community.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sometimes user badges show in the chat replay on VODs, but sometimes not. Seeing role badges especially is important for me to be able to understand the context of the chat when watching a VOD. Could we please get user badges to show consistently on VODs?

(Happening on Chrome and Firefox. Before the PS4 app update of 11/15/2023, badges showed consistently on VODs there. I believe badges used to show consistently on web as well, although I can't remember when that was.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. twitch hype chat badge: the badge will have a ray and it will work like bits badges.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have a special badge for streamers to give badges, like the artist badge. I don't want a bunch of junk clips. I would like good quality clips. Picking a good clip is an art, naming them well is even more important. So if I see viewers that are clipping well in my community, I want to be able to reward them well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Increase twitch channel VIP count from 100 to 200 atleast, I find it strange that channel cant have more than 100 vips

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allows chatters to see a list of Twitch users with the artist role in a channel without having to pick through emotes individually. This is consistent with the /mods and /vips commands and makes it easier to see who has contributed to a channels emotes where more than one user has done so

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'd like to give artist badges to more than 5 viewers.

Fortunately, more than 5 my fans gave me my fanart, but the limit of grantable artist badge is up to 5 viewes. I hope to increase the maximum number to treat my fans equally.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I was really thrilled when twitch announced the artist badges. I am a artist myself and have some friends who are artists as well. The badges had good intentions but are, in my opinion, improvable.

1: Since Twitch now has animated emotes many streamer get their already existing emotes animated from other artists then the ones which drew them originally. Or even better, different arists work together as a team. Artist A draws the texures and Artist B animates it. Not all artists are good in any kind of art so sometimes we work together to achieve something great. BUT…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am a Twitch Partner. I spend a lot of time in people's twitch chats. I like to donate subs and bits to them. The problem is, when I do so, my partner badge gets yanked away from me and replaced with a bit progress or sub gift badge. I then need to go into my chat identity and reinstate my partner badge in that chat in order to keep the appearance that I am better than others.

I would like a setting that allows me to maintain my prowess as a partner in chat regardless of whether or not…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I think it would be cool if streamers could upload custom versions of all badges on their channel. My sub badges have a certain style, I would love to give my founders/mods/vips/topgifters or even my broadcaster badge a custom version in the same style, so my entire chat can have one theme alltogether.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If a broadcaster runs some sort of competition on their channel (like a giveaway or if they are running races or something) the winner of that competition can be assigned a trophy badge which would be kind of like a temporary VIP. There can only be one person that holds the badge at a time, so if another winner comes along you can assign the trophy to that person and it is removed from the previous one.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Moderator speaking here.

I think it would be a nice thing to have various Moderator/Editor Badges that indicate how long this user has been Moderator for this Channel already, Just like with the Sub Badges.

If the Badges vary from little changes in the badge itself that are provided from Twitch itself or are customizable by the Channel Owner or even if the Badge stays the same, and it just adapts to the Sub Badge that when you hover your mouse over the badge that it aside from badge indication also displays the duration next to it, like when you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Since there is a badge for emote artists, I think it would be a good idea to have a badge so a streamer can acknowledge video editors in their chat, from my experience a video editor is more likely to work much closer with the streamer than an emote artist, most emote artists do a commision 1 time and never even come into the streamers chat, so why not give video editors a badge too?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a feature that you can change color or the badge of a moderator and vip

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To better support artists and accredit their talents among the Twitch community, we’ve released two new features: Emote Attribution and the Artist Badge. Emote Attribution lets you credit the artists responsible for creating your emotes so they can feel the love wherever their emotes appear across Twitch. The Artist Badge lets you celebrate those who contributed artwork to your community with a special new chat badge.

You can get all the details on our Help page here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/artist-badge-attribution

We’re excited to share both of these features with the community, but they’re just the first steps to better connect creators and…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think there should be more badges for the streamer to give out in chat like the vip badge for example something to show long time followers and subs, a badge for people who donate a lot, a longest lasting sub badge

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Maybe have different types of designs for VIP badges for viewers and friends because I personally like to VIP my friends but at the same time I would like some viewers to be VIP alternatively add in a friend badge maybe and keep VIP's for viewers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?