Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. I and many other streamers use the offline image to communicate important information about the stream, and with it being missing, small, or overridden by the other cards, I'm losing an important method of communication with viewers.

In addition, the auto-featured recent stream, while nice for some streams, is not useful or appropriate for all channels, and it would be nice to have the option to disable it.

...I guess the sum of what I want is just the option to keep my offline image as the main visual element on the channel page when it's offline. The new additions…

310 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Banner  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  mouse responded

Hi everyone! 

Thank you for all of your feedback on this topic. After much consideration, we have decided against bringing back the offline channel image in its original form. However, we would like to share some reasons why we came to this decision:

Many of you used to use the offline image to share relevant information for your channel like schedules and social media names. Part of the channel redesign was to build those options into your channel itself and make them interactive. You can create your own schedules and your viewers can even set up notifications to remind them. Additionally, you can add your social media links directly for your community members to find you elsewhere. Streamlining your information in this way makes it easier for new viewers to know where to look, and eliminates the issue of viewers landing on a black screen, as a lot of streamers…

2. Rollback the changes to auto-hosts that make them not appear in the "live" view of the channel page. It effectively removes all usefulness from auto-hosts by forcing users to seek out the creator being auto-hosted rather than seeing it by default.

We and many other creators have already seen how this negatively impacts our viewership and discoverability.

Auto-hosts have the potential to function as a community building tool that leads to a more supportive and less competitive environment. The recent change to auto-hosts completely destroys that potential.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Carousel  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for kicking off this conversation! Hoping we can provide a bit more context for why we decided to make this change. While manual hosts will still appear in the live view and channel carousel, we made the decision to have auto-hosts appear only in the channel carousel going forward.

As part of our ongoing research and development for the offline channel page, we conducted a number of experiments over the past year to pinpoint what was most effective in streamers using their channels to enable discovery of other streamers. This includes things like auto-hosts, manual hosts, and raids.

Auto-hosts in live view specifically were found to be confusing for new viewers, and did not result in viewers sticking around to watch the channel. We made this change to reflect viewer habits, and ultimately to prioritize manual hosts that see significantly improved discoverability.

We conducted another experiment to compare a…

3. I do not need a schedule tab because I don't hold normal hours. Many of my friends who are also streamers also don't hold normal hours and won't need the tab either. I'd prefer to disable it altogether to streamline my page.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone, apologies for the long wait -

We have decided to decline this request after much consideration as we feel the empty state still informs viewers that you do not have a schedule or regular hours. We welcome any additional followup feedback you might have.

4. The new layout is horrible, its cluttered and messy and way too confusing.
    Can we have the old layout back, I spent ages putting everything in my panels, it was nice and neat and well organised. Why can't I turn off the trailer thing? I have no desire and no idea how to make a channel trailer. It was perfectly fine, I do not understand why you would change it, and I don't see how anyone could think the new layout is better or easier to navigate. To be honest it puts me off, if I went to an offline…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The new layout is cluttered and confusing, and will require viewers to click through multiple tabs and panels to find the information they need. Just leave the channel pages as they are and let us choose and design our own panels, extensions, and information that we want to show.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The new Home and About tab:

• The hyperlinks on the home page should be more dynamic and we as "owners" of our channel should be able to select which hyperlinks we want to be displayed there or not. Having it locked with "Home, About, Schedule, Videos, Chat" when not everyone makes use of all those (and even if they do, it's a fact that most viewers don't give a "f" for that many info in there) it's unnecessary.

• What's the reason for "having" that Chat hyperlink there? I don't see the use for it - also it's important to notice…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Don't try and fix something that is NOT BROKEN! Like seriously why do all companies/people like to do this when the current system is working like a charm.

I feel as though you're being forced into this new idea where the "tabs" are going to be your first glance--if not a trailer like YouTube--as the streamer you are to other streamers or viewers even though as of the current design your panels are doing the exact same job as the tabs will be doing soon.

Personally I like my panels the way they are and to customize them the way…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A lot of us worked really hard for the layout we have and the design, I think we should have the option of opting out of this feature.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This also goes for "I'm a streamer"

I would honestly prefer a revert option, but if that doesn't work, at least allow an option to choose between the new style and old style.

I don't get why anyone who would have to watch my streams would have to click my profile picture and then find the tab to watch a clip, I don't get why the "About me" information box takes up so much space. Most streamers already have a custom "About" section. The schedule tab also seems really redundant.

This honestly might be the worst update I've ever seen…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new channel page design adopts the worst trend in bad UI/UX: it takes the functionality that users have come to expect and grown accustomed to, and either buries it or removes it all together. Features such as the Followers tab are now so hard to find that first I thought they had been removed outright.

The postage stamp sized carousel that replaces my offline image when first navigating to my channel page is laughably useless. My offline image was designed to convey specific information relevant to the channel and new viewers. That is gone, replaced by a tiny and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I talked to a lot of different Viewers and streamers to come up with these problems that the majority agree with.

The new Channel page isn't Intuitive at all. Only a small portion of the Offline banner is showing, and it's covered by channel trailers and other stuff.

Took me 4 minutes to find Clips, channel views is no where to be found, Titles are way too small and it also looks clunky and not intuitive when someone is live and you try to look at one of their sections/tabs.

Something like channel views especially is really nice to have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?