Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Can we expect font size, color contrast, bigger emote options and other disability accessibility features for the Twitch UI (especially on mobile) soon?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mute is a real disability and it's awful to make those people remember that they can't hear anything.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The redesign has changed the default font to Roobert which has made it harder for me to read the text on the website.

Helvetica is considered to be one of the most easily read fonts on a display. Please change the default font back to Helvetica

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. even if streamers have the cc extension it never works on mobile and its a super easy accessibility thing

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hello,

I'm here to ask if it is possible to create a specific TAG for Portuguese (Portugal) people, since every time, I try to find streamers from my country, It feels really hard to do it, and this happens because Portuguese tag includes as well the Brazilian people, and to be honest, I understand that, since they are "Portuguese" and it only makes sense, but its doesn't separate the "2" languages.

My suggestion is, either create a TAG called "(TUGA) Portuguese slang for «Portuguese»" or maybe create a Brazilian TAG for their language, this will help for small streamers from…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have the possibility to choose between Portuguese or Portuguese-BR.
    They are similar languages, but have different expressions, different accents, and are written in a different way, just take a dictionary from both countries to see the difference.
    Youtube has the same problem, 95% of my friends don't see BR videos, If you want to have more fans you should make this separation.
    Best Regard
    Peter

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Some bugs can't be reported if you don't have the right category for it. For example the Twitch support website itself is buggy and you have no ideal way of reporting it. If the page itself is buggy and you can't reach some categories then it's pointless and needs an improvement. If we could have a category Other-Other for all other types of queries, it would be really nice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I log onto twitch to enjoy some stream content of my favorite streamer, game, or community for the day. I am encountered with streams without my choice(also known as consent) that I have no interest in, disagree with politically, feel are being pushed on me for political purposes, do not want to watch, do not even want to see for one second, and think I should not have to see. All I request is a simple option in user settings that allows me to opt out of hosts, raids, or "twitch" chosen streams on the home screen. This would improve…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I know alot of my diffculties with games or on here is not beign able to find things to make my experience enjoyible. It took me 5 days to figure out how to unsubscribe, or even find a chat bot, high contrast fonts, or the ability to text to read or a warning whomever engages with me, knows Im blind, because no one ever reads the profiles. to understand Im not going to behave or interact with them the same way as sighted streamers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Problem:
    - Search for "declare yourself autistic twitch tv" and no expected results will come.

• The BIG issue:
      • TWTV has grown up and its too huge, there is not enough ppl on the earth that can track down what is being said, who is about to commit a crime, who is about to harass someone. That's why we should focus on the "system" itself. I am first focusing on the ppl with autism, the most sensible people, the others should be next.

Major characteristics for people at the classic side of the autism spectrum that can manifest on TWTV:
    -…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I'm experiencing an issue on Android 11 where the volume coming from any and all streams through the Twitch mobile app is distinctly quiet to the point of being inaudible unless I set my phone to max volume. This has caused intense usability and accessibility issues on my Android mobile phone as I have to set my phone to max volume to be able to hear any Twitch channel through speakers and/or headphones which causes intense pain when using any other sound/voice app such as Discord, messaging apps, etc. Is there a way the Twitch mobile app's volume can be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a chat to support on Twitch, because due to the complexity of the ticket, I have to wait months for an answer. I want to talk to a real employee, not a bot that will automatically respond to messages, because of this, there are some difficulties in solving the problem.

Microsoft Support is more efficient than yours, you can call, live chat and email. Once again: I don’t want the bot to answer me, do Twitch for the better.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The search form (and a few other forms) aren't screen reader friendly because they list the form title within the form which disappears as you start typing, stopping you from hearing the form title after entering text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The current chat font on the iOS app is very small for the legally blind. Please add dynamic text support or the ability to increase the chat font size.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There is already a new tag for Vegan, which is awesome! However, there is quite a difference between being Vegan and Vegetarian (which I am finding out more and more). Vegetarian is more diet-based but Veganism is also more of a way of life or ideology. I use the Vegan tag now despite the fact I'm vegetarian. It would be great to have a separate tag! Thanks, twitch! :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Any possible talks about adding a role above Mod, but below caster? So that way if the caster is streaming and they want to grant someone access to vip or mod, The role below caster has access to doing so?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Loud sounds with streamer store is hurting my, and probaly, others hearing
    Beeing someone who watchs streams all day long while using PC, I need to report that some streamers are using the Stream Store in chat to sell audios and sounds with external app linked to the chat store.
    I liked the Idea, but now I can watch some streams with this feature, because they are using rocket, fireworks and some loud sounds, this is hurting my hearing, so I NEED to close the stream I was watching and search for another one. I dont want to remove store…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Buongiorno

Vi scrivo per chiedervi se è possibile inserire i sottotitoli generati automaticamente alle live e ai video riprodotti sulla Vostra (bellissima) piattaforma?
    Se ancora non esistesse tale opzione, sarà possibile in un futuro averla?
    Sono un ragazzo sordo impiantato con difficoltà uditive e per questo non comprendo mai a pieno i discorsi effettuati. Mentre le Live della piattaforma Facebook hanno già da tempo questa opzione, ma sarebbe bellissimo averla anche su una piattaforma veramente TOP come la vostra!
    Cordiali saluti
    Malinverno Matteo

Good morning

I am writing to ask you if it is possible to insert automatically generated subtitles…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. for people with photosensitive your seizure warning is pointless if streams play automatically on almost every page, a person can't even navigate to it with out taking a risk. Auto play of random streams increases the risk and make navigating the site a minefield, if it could be turned off people would be able to take their safety into their own hand and make choice about what they are able to watch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?