Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

190 results found

1. I suggest that we are allowed to permanently save streams so that people who visit our channels have something to watch all the time when we are offline.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Basically in Chrome I have done absolutely everything I can in order to make Clips to work properly but it just refuses to work! I click the Clip button but it opens a new tab and the Clip never loads and stays in a eternal loading phase with a black screen no sound no anything... I searched in Google found a Reddit thread and I found that it would be fixed by turning "chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy" flags setting into "No user gesture is required" but even then I was not having any success making it work So what I did further was…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
  3. if you watch a VOD a little preload like in youtube would be great so even if you have shitty internet, there would be a way to watch a 720p VOD

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. On PC it's already possible to decide the speed of the VOD you're watching - not on mobile though. I'd love if it was possible to also do it on mobile.

While we're at it, I'd also like there to be more different speeds - like 1.75, 2.25., 2.5, 3.

Best regads,
    Someone who does not have the time to watch a 4h VOD on mobile while not at home

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

You can change the VOD speed on mobile by clicking into the settings. If you'd like additional speeds, please submit a new suggestion for further consideration. Thank you.

5. Until very recently, on the Creator Dashboard page for clips, under the "Clips I've created" category, the "Channel" column would show the channel you were clipping - e.g., if I made a clip of a stream on JoeSmoe's channel, that clip would say "JoeSmoe" in that column. But, starting yesterday, that column shows my own username, and from what I understand, this has been the case for other users. This makes no sense to me - the clip is not of my "channel" - I don't even stream, and thus don't really have a "channel." For viewers who clip content…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Danky responded

Hey everyone - Apologies for this Clips issue. We have identified the issue and have released a fix that should now be live!

Thank you all for letting us know, and have a great day!

6. How about you don't throw at me your purple screen of death when my adblock is disable on your whole website and has been forever.

It's not your ******* business if I want to use one on website I don't use regularly to protect myself from the ones full of ****.

I'll watch my gaming content elsewhere util this is resolved, and if u don't, I'm out for good.

U greddy f*ck Besos

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. The idea! To have a playlist of clips from the the last 24hr or most watched clips which can be run as a warm up man before the stream has started. say the streamer is starting at 14:00 a mod or streamer runs the latest warm up playlist five minutes before.

this is a bit out there and Twitch may not be able to let you do this. i can't test as I don't have access to playlist. Can you make a playlist of clips? and can you set up a automatic clip playlist that is deleted and recreated at…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Attempting to view the VOD from time 23:22 - 29:52 results in a 403 Forbidden on the GET request. Unable to scrub through the time slot, but able to view preview of video when hovering with mouse. Please advise.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
  9. My setting options for transcoding streamers are 50% of the time set at 720p only. The most my internet service provides is at 360p. Please give attention to allowing lower settings continuously on the transcoding. Thank you for your efforts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
  10. Ever since they removed low Latency mode, my delay has more than doubled on all browsers. Please bring it back

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Hi, i just started streaming on twitch and just wanted to upload some of my game play. But i realise there is a problem with the uploading part. Im not able to upload as the uploading button isnt there. I saw 1 youtube that said there is a problem with the uploading process so im unable to upload any videos. Are you able to fix the problem? Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Please keep in mind that video uploads are only available to streamers in the Creator Program (Affiliates & Partners). Apologies for the confusion.

12. I spend so much time making sure that all of my VOD's and highlights have a description that is informative and useful, and I've just noticed it's been removed. Please bring the description back. It's the only way I can reference info I need to convey for that VOD.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The change occurred around summer.

You really outdid yourselves by making clip viewing even worse by having the user leave the clip list page and having pressing 'back' to go to the top of the list.

You can no longer go and watch each independent clip on a game or channel within an overlay as it goes to the clip viewing page, making the watchers lost.

I sent this to Twitch Support. Had two months without any interaction from them... until now, when they just redirected me here.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
  14. Streams tend to last for multiple hours and if you end up doing something awkward while on stream, like showing personal info or something similar, you typically cut the stream and delete the vod. However you might not be local recording and you might have something interesting on your vod that you'd want to highlight, but you don't really want the vod to be up for people to see while you highlight it.

Having the ability to hide the video from public viewing and to be able to highlight stuff from there would be a pretty handy feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As it stands, they're simply listed from top to bottom from the latest clip to the first. I don't know how many clips other users have taken, but I am pretty sure I am in the hundreds. It would be nice if we could sort the clips we've taken in ways like most views, the channel it was clipped from, when it was clipped. Maybe even show the clips in a grid like viewing other videos on the site.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. On the mobile app, this is already a thing. Scrolling down will show the past 5 viewed streams/VODs, and allow you to easily continue watching where you left off.

On desktop (as far as I'm aware after Googling it), this is not available. Which is especially perplexing since the data and methodology clearly already exists on the mobile app, tied to the exact same account.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

On the web version of Twitch, you can find Continue Watching on your Following page. Hope that helps.

17. When I used to stream to twitch (late 2019/early 2020), it would save my past broadcasts for a few days then delete them, which was expected.
    However, at some point, Twitch decided to switch off the "Store past broadcasts" setting on non-partnered/non-verified twitch accounts and they apparently never told anyone?
    I just streamed 4 hours of content which I was expecting to see in my past broadcasts so I could clip content immediately after my stream finished. However, to my surprise, I found NO past broadcasts present on my channel. So my content is essentially gone forever.
    I am very…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The same as when the streamer is live, we move the mouse over the player and it says... playing: (Game) on the top.

Not a very big feature but nice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Even though Twitch Auto Host Channels with Reruns is set to Off, they are still played.
    1. Set to Auto Host another persons content
    2. Switch Host-pre-recorded-video's to off

People's re-runs still Auto Host..... Bug?
    (if re-runs are not considered pre-recorded-video's then an additional option
    to exclude them from auto host is important...).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a timestamp to the UI of clips somewhere that shows when it was taken during the stream, so if you wanted to see what happens after the clip ends you know what time to go to and resume the VOD. Even better would be making the timestamp a Link that directs you to the exact moment in the VOD, so you dont have to go there yourself.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

If the VOD is still available, a "Watch Full Video" button will be available below the right side of the clip player which will take you to the portion of the stream where the clip was taken. Thanks.

• Don't see your idea?