Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Extensions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Extensions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

150 results found

1. I would really love to show people who watch me on mobile to see the overlays I made, I would stream so much more often, I worked so ******* that overlay just for people who watch me on their phone (which is nearly all of my viewers) to not see it. I don’t have the money for a pc so I can’t put an overlay on that way, so I’d love it if this feature was added to Overlay Expert on mobile. Pleassseeeee

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add the "Extensions" feature to Twitch Studio! Rather irritating that it's not available on the official studio software.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. we need all devices to see overlays. my chat gets so confused when i say "follow my twitter" thats on the top right. and prob many other users can agree that their chat gets confused aswell

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Quiero que se puedan crear extensiones para dispositivos móviles para que la experiencia de crear extensiones sea más cómoda para los que no usan computadoras y Notebooks

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it possible to add editor credentials to another Twitch user to edit one's overlays and select the one in-use. Make it possible to add editor credentials to another Twitch user/account to edit one's overlays and select the one in-use. It would avoid security issues from sharing passwords in order to create/edit/select overlays.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make closed captioning (CC) a universal feature. Closed captions are a necessary feature in the current year. It not only helps deaf people but also helps people understanding foreign languages or reading something they missed while watching.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently viewers can make an extension invisible via the extension taskbar but this setting does not persist. There are some channel extensions that I find useful and others that I find to be intrusive.

My only option to remove intrusive extensions presently is to disable them all (by automatically removing the extension-content and extension-taskbar divs). It is a shame to have to disable the functionality entirely for the sake of a few irritations.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I've often had bad actors on my extension inputting data which goes against Twitch's Terms of Service.

I currently have my own banning system, which also bans IPs, but it's not enough to stop the same people from returning.

I would love if we could see whether or not a user has a verified email on their account. Either through the JWT or through the API.

This would allow developers to make certain features verified email only and therefore, keep extensions safe from bad material.

Thanks,
    Raven.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be cool to have a option to add a client reference id when creating the transaction. This would allow me to link a transaction (before create the transaction flow) to a specific item by just using the method useBits() and the new webhook.

Currently I still have to use the onTransactionComplete. To link the item to the transaction. However, if the developer’s EBS experiences an outage, it is difficult to retroactively fulfill the benefits to viewers who have already spent Bits.

I have in an extension virtually "infinite" items which can be purchased with bits that shares the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Clickable Overlays" that will take viewers & followers to your linked socials and also merchandise store, as well as other links that are viewable and secure. (https)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. An extension to display the local time of the person who's watching on the video player to allow for time management.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow an extension to be seen/used only by the streamer, as well as their editors and mods.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The current small number of merch-selling extensions are not very good or reliable, but developers aren't allowed to build any extensions to compete with them.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide a way to automate each step of the "Extension Life Cycle". https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/life-cycle

Extension developers manage their extensions through email, and a website. There's a ton of links to click, lots of waiting, never ending confirmation dialogs.. and more clicking.

I want to perform one action (one click, one cli command, etc) to move to the next, or previous step. It would save us devs a lot of time and energy.

Personally, I would love to be able to do this on the command line.

$ twitch --to-hosted-test -y -f twitch.config.js

Boom and done. Now you made a mistake and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Overlay Expert should be updated where the viewers on the consoles & PC & mobile could see the streamers overlays not just PC.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello!

I would like to propose implementing a better landing page experience for the Extension Discovery page which currently features the same three extensions for 3-4 months at a time with very little rotation.

I would propose either rotating the top three extensions more often (monthly).. or randomizing them with a larger pool of featured extensions that refreshes on page load.

This will help streamers more easily discover extensions they may not have seen otherwise.

Thank you

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think a pronoun extension would be great a lot of streamers are using the chrome one but if it were a twitch extension you could view on all
    Browsers and hopefully on the mobile app.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The new purple screen of death that's been happening to a lot of people obviously doesn't work as intended and should be removed until it does. I miss a lot of streams because it pops up randomly. I never use adblock on twitch. I use BTTV and FFZ. That shouldn't be flagged as 3rd party tools that affect the stream performance negatively.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Some extensions, do use image upload.
    To avoid flaws in the moderation system it would be great to have an image upload system on Twitch.

The streamer or developer could upload an image, that will be reviewed by Twitch, like emotes or cheermotes, etc. Once the image is approved, it can be used in the extension on the streamer's channel.

This will allow streamer to have more personnalisation options in extension, without adding multiple image upload system for each extensions that doesn't go through the twitch moderation system.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?