Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Extensions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Extensions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

151 results found

1. The video player has many hotkeys, most usefully Spacebar to pause/play and M to mute/unmute. When an extension is enabled on a stream(it may only be some extensions, but I've noticed this with the vast majority), it seems to form an invisible pane that will eat clicks on the player (i.e. highlighting it to use the hotkeys). Hotkeys still work if you can select the player, which you can check by clicking the control strip at the bottom.

This doesn't really feel like intended behavior and is extremely confusing if you don't know about it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Je n'arrive pas a configurer mes extensions et overlays! donc j'ai un stream pourrave!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A system similar to what Steam has: Trading Cards that can be unlocked by engaging with the streamer. (Requires the streamer to have such feature enabled; The streamer can design and upload their cards and set conditions such as drop rate, how to get them, say by following, subscribing, donating etc.)

Each user would have their own trading card menu in their personal dashboard, to check which have been unlocked, from which streamers, etc.
    Viewers can also trade cards with others if they have doubles, etc.
    Collecting all cards from a streamer could also unlock a badge or whatever the…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Quiero que se puedan crear extensiones para dispositivos móviles para que la experiencia de crear extensiones sea más cómoda para los que no usan computadoras y Notebooks

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great to have a panel feature that would autoplay highlight/clip videos when a viewer clicks on our page or on the about page.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add something like a small visible meter that chat can send their feedback on by liking or disliking the streamer, content theyre providing or the stream as a whole, without viewers leaving to have impact on the view count and on whats streamer doing right or wrong from chats perspective.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Go to your channel.
    2. Click "Edit Panels". You should see this: https://i.gyazo.com/7431ffc77efa263da1b8753ac81f3328.png
    3. Click "Activate" on one of the default extensions. A popup will appear.
    4. Click "Activate" on the bottom right of the popup. The popup will disappear.
    5. Click "Configure" on the newly added panel extension. A popup will appear.
    6. Click "Activate" on the bottom right of the popup. Nothing happens.

When you have 3 or more activated extensions, clicking "Activate" on step #6 will display a dropdown. Until then, it does nothing.

This confuses users and causes them to send bug reports to the extension developer, when really this is…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Whether you stream on PC, console, or mobile platforms there is only 2 components, 1 overlay, and 3 panels. I understand that this was probably the most anyone wanted to attempt when you guys 1st started. However, now you are probably the top kid in the streaming game, and this feature could use an update in amount of available slots. If these were always showing then I could see the need for a limit, but most only become visible once hovered over or located in the panel section below. So with this being said you could add more slots for…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When an Extension goes through constant improvement cycles the Extension versions start to pile up on the developer dashboard. There doesn't appear to be a particular order in which the versions are displayed so it becomes a tedious task to find the latest one just by looking through the small semver text on the thumbnail.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I seem to have a persistent issue with users who are banned from my chat still being able to use my extensions to troll/harass me, resulting in the deactivation of the extension until the user moves on. Please have extensions check for banned users and disallow them to use the extension on my channel if they are banned. This is a particularly large issue especially with the Sound Alert Extension. Imagine being spammed with a "RIP" alert every thirty seconds just because you banned a 12 year old from your streams. Not Fun.

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide a way to automate each step of the "Extension Life Cycle". https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/life-cycle

Extension developers manage their extensions through email, and a website. There's a ton of links to click, lots of waiting, never ending confirmation dialogs.. and more clicking.

I want to perform one action (one click, one cli command, etc) to move to the next, or previous step. It would save us devs a lot of time and energy.

Personally, I would love to be able to do this on the command line.

$ twitch --to-hosted-test -y -f twitch.config.js

Boom and done. Now you made a mistake and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I love watching some streamers, but sometimes the music they play is a bit too loud or quiet for my personal taste. It would really be great if there was some way that I could adjust the volume output of the music on my end to something that is more enjoyable for me, and allows for everyone to have the music at the level they want

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To optimize the SEO, I recommend that the name of the extension should be included in the title of the extension detail page.

Currently i'm getting search result like:

Extensions - Twitch
    https://www.twitch.tv › ext
    <description of the extension> ...

I am of the opinion that this would significantly improve the visibility of the extensions and make it easier for streamers to find the extension when searching via search engine pages.

Cheers,
    GhostZero

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With the announcement of the mod view at Twitchcon 2019, it would be great to have moderator views for extensions.

A moderator view would be optional and would allow moderators to have some control over the extensions (equivalent or less than the dashboard view)

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Some extensions, do use image upload.
    To avoid flaws in the moderation system it would be great to have an image upload system on Twitch.

The streamer or developer could upload an image, that will be reviewed by Twitch, like emotes or cheermotes, etc. Once the image is approved, it can be used in the extension on the streamer's channel.

This will allow streamer to have more personnalisation options in extension, without adding multiple image upload system for each extensions that doesn't go through the twitch moderation system.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Today extensions (overlay extensions) are only available on certain web browsers (for PC/MAC).
    Make it available/work on all browsers.

Today extensions (overlays) don´t work on mobile and tablets (apps).
    Make it available/work on mobile and tablet apps.

Please also find a way to make extensions synced, be able to be used in replays/VOD´s/Clips.

446 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Explicitly state somewhere in Content Policy (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/guidelines-and-policies/#4-content-policy) that integrations with certain products competitive to Twitch may be rejected on review.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be cool to have a option to add a client reference id when creating the transaction. This would allow me to link a transaction (before create the transaction flow) to a specific item by just using the method useBits() and the new webhook.

Currently I still have to use the onTransactionComplete. To link the item to the transaction. However, if the developer’s EBS experiences an outage, it is difficult to retroactively fulfill the benefits to viewers who have already spent Bits.

I have in an extension virtually "infinite" items which can be purchased with bits that shares the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?