if you go you don't come back
In my opinion, Twitch is showing weakness by wanting to make changes at the last minute to ❝Fight❞ against the competition.
TWITCH is bigger than that. Twitch has always shown stability and that is very important in this area. Stability that no competition (streaming platforms) manage to have, no matter how many streamers they hire, they return to Twitch (no matter how much they throw hate speech at the purple platform). There I wonder if it is necessary for Twitch to make changes or simply go more aggressive.
My question is, if Twitch is not profitable, why do the streamers come back after finishing their contracts on the other platforms? And if they can't come back, would they leave?
What other platform achieves:
- Traffic of people
- External advertising that decides to advertise their products, games, etc., on twitch.
- Games that decide to broadcast their competitions and tournaments on twitch
- Spectators, because when a transmission closes they continue browsing the site in search of another.
- Variety of streamers.
- Once the transmission you are watching closes, you can continue to see content of the same or better quality on the site, just as captivating
- THE MOST IMPORTANT: STABILITY. Because the years go by and twitch is still stable, it doesn't do crazy things to attract big streamers.
Therefore, for me, a suggestion is to veto people who decide to go to another platform. Because those who leave know that they will end up coming back. THERE DOESN'T EXIST, nor will there ever be a stable, sustainable platform that people feel comfortable with. And I don't want to name the others but you already know what happened with encouragement, booyah, facebook, mixer.
There are things that cannot be bought with money. Spectators, people traffic, without them there are no streamers. And that is provided by twitch.
For this reason, I wonder what will happen the day that Twitch decides to ban those who decide to go to other platforms for life. Will they really leave? None manages to be sustainable and profitable over time. They leave and come back haha after throwing hate on twitch, why do streamers come back if it's not profitable? There they are, in the past, cheer up, booyah, facebook, mixer, because they believe that with money they have an audience and it is not like that. There are things that cannot be bought.